Room size distribution in a complete operation

does this reflect s good ratio of canopy for a said total

hrow division

or what would be a better distribition of space

2 Likes

Bigger veg. That’s my current problem.

2 Likes

so how would you ratio this? veg room to flower room

It depends on your needs fems regs etc but for me I’d prefer a veg at least 1.5x bigger than my flower. I do not have such a thing and I make it work though.

1 Like

What are your goals?

Yield? Pheno hunting? Breeding?

What’s the overall size of the space?

this is just curiosity question as i was watching a yt video on the subject and he was saying glower needs to be 2x veg

1 Like

That’s funny as I’m 1/2 the size of veg that I am in flower. 4x4 flower (for the most part I may do 2 week veg if needed before flip) but my veg is only a 2x2. I have other space but that’s my immediate growing area. I don’t think I’d ever flip that around and flower in my 2x2 yk? But I understand if the smallest flower space is 4x4 then if you have 2x veg space you could get rid of the mother area or propagation area because they’d all fit in the veg light schedule…no?

2 Likes

My veg is 2x2 and my flower is 2x4. It is way too small and severely limits what I can do.

1 Like

I like my plants to completely fill my space before flipping so my veg space needs to be the same as my flower room… the seemingly excessive veg space is filled with leaves and growth which I defoliate before the flip but the space needs to be filled first or I have found that it doesn’t fill out completely later. Without the defoliation the end result would be mostly larf, whereas with my defoliation method I get 100% chonk.

3 Likes

I think it would depend upon your requirements. Are you breeding? Makes ng seed? Making flower/extracts?

That’s exactly the same as I run now. 2x2 for veg and 4x2 for flower. My interest in breeding has gone. I cant be arsed with it anymore. All I want to do now is veg in the 2x2 , flower in the 4x2 and cut the harvest times down.

1 Like

I like room to make selections and it’s rough in a small space. Plus I just like to grow more plants to choose from.

2 Likes

Comfort and streamlined flow is a thing for me. At the moment motherplants and clones are implied, optimal for me is 1 sqm Flo for 2 sqm Veg. Reduced at 1:1 ratio with a higher maintenance.

It’s just to prepare well the clones to be ready to fill the Flo, and starting the new batch at a time + seedlings. Zero “stutter” in the flow can weight a bit on a year perspective.

1 Like

See this is where we differ. I mainly grow feminised so every seed that cracks I get to flower out. Electricity is expensive more so these days so for me every plant has to count. I’m thinking if I can find a keeper I’d use the 2x2 as a mom tent but I get bored easily and like to try different strains.

1 Like

I can fit 12 decent sized seedlings in my veg or 6 if they are in 1Gs

I’d really like a little more even though this is somewhat sufficient.

3 Likes

Yes fair enough I do regs so we have different goals. Fems sometimes, but usually regs.

1 Like

On the right, first pic of the post :

A bit below twos dozens, at the end of the vegetative limit permitted by this strategy. Seedlings can be “forced” (horticultural meaning) just like clones without much impact on little seedlings pot / cups. With shelves/cheap neon by floor, you can multiply by three the density. They also like to have the ass warm, just like clones ^^

I say that as bad advocate, I’ve actually reduced to a single 4x4 to avoid the whole veg maintenance. I can do it considering the context (no exploration at all) and that harvesting weed is secondary for me.

I like to veg them big and by the time I’ve made my choices I’m left with the few I’m committed to for the flower run.

It’s fine when they’re small. When they get medium it’s a problem.

2 Likes

By big you mean over the maturated state i guess, like way over they first show the preflowers.
In this case i will not hesitate to have a dedicated tent only for them, that i shut off if any I’ve a hole in the timing of cloning/mothers. Can be used as drying tente too ^^

1 Like