What's goin on here?!

Two days after transplant:

Two days after last pic, when I begin noticing an issue.

Today:

What’s going on with this plant? This strain has been a bitch since the start and I’m high-key tired of it. The other seedlings that have been in the same regiment are doing just fine:

I’m going to let it ride, and don’t give a fuck if it dies. Just wanted to know y’alls input on what could be going on.

2 Likes

My guess is it didnt like the transplant, wasnt getting what it needed thru roots, started eating itself to stay alive.

Seen similar stuff in babies in DWC, goes away once the roots get going. Please note that I’m a simple home hobbyist with miniscule experience. Good luck homie!

4 Likes

If you’re growing organic then it’s root limitation, give them bigger shoes.

3 Likes

I feel it’s your roots brother.
Also the new growth above, the way they’re forming, bunched up tell me this…

1 Like

Growing as synthetic as it gets. AN Connoisseur grow nutes in ProMix HP and roots organic 707 mix.

1 Like

Even still, when you look at hydro, there’s giant roots, as above, so below.

2 Likes

Word, it probably didn’t enjoy being in that tiny starter plug tray for as long as it was.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this before…not the symptoms on the leaves but the way the new growth is forming. Fixing the rootzone helped me.
Be very specific/choosy about the medium ur using. The nutes generally are fine.

1 Like

This is how the roots looked prior to transplant (on one of the siblings)

I buried the stem and also thought this might be some sort of “damping off”, but I’ve never experienced it so I wouldn’t be able to tell.

1 Like

If you wanna keep them longer in small pots to save space then you can either get pots the same diameter but double in height, or stack them on top of the same small pots filled with medium, the roots will grow through the holes and you could keep them happy longer.

2 Likes

I’m going to give this tek I do a go with another cultivar in two weeks and we shall see if I’ll flip to bigger starter containers. But if it’s just one plant; tough cookies.

Thanks everyone for your inputs!

1 Like

im surprised no one has mentioned ph.it looks like ph issue/variation to me.

honestly pot size has never caused that to me in peat/inorganic. when pot size becomes an issue you see the lower leaves stressing and dying a bit. these are not the lower leaves, and it could have been your transplant water had a slight ph variation. thats where my vote is at.

either way, let it alone and grow for a bit and let us know how it responds.

4 Likes

Hey the_bot!

I’m using AN which has that pH perfect “technology”. I could measure the runoff to see if it’s some salt buildup action going on however.

1 Like

if you do, just like with pee, measure the middle run-off. and the thing would be comparing it to what you had initially watered before transplant.

Have never used advanced nutrients or their ph perfect… so, ill be useless there. but if it helps this is what PH variation looks like after it has developed for a bit

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 5.39.50 PM

2 Likes
1 Like

I decided to flush er’ out today, real good like. Since we narrowed it down to her roots, I want to get em loosey-goosey so they get to the business I again.I THOUGHT I had pHed the flush water, but before writing this post I decided to check the pH and it was 7.5…

facepalm

Though, runoff came in at 5.8 earlier, so I’m content. This poor plant’s being put through the ringer.

Here she is a few hours after the flush.

I think she looks better, but I’m high as a kite. Real gnarly color on that leaf though.

Thanks again everyone for the help. I’ll continue to post updates on the plant’s condition in my grow diary, for those interested.

2 Likes