Whats going on here? Curled leaves

These are from the same plant.

1 Like

1 Like

curling leaves is temperature too high or humidity too high/low, the pale leaf is either deficiency or just late stage flowering I think
are those dark marks on the pale leaf purple?

1 Like

heat stress is it a kush plant?

That cola is right under the light isn’t it?

I’d say the yellowing is typical fade and is fine.
The curling leaves look like heat/low humidity. Leaves will curl like that trying to create a micro environment to save moisture.

5 Likes

Yes its right under the light. Is it a bad thing though?

At the beginning of the week I had to crank my ballast up to 1k and To get the spread that I need over two plants I pulled it to the top of the tent.

i belive the correct .word you or looking for is canoe leaves

Thats whats causing the canoeing. Heat will be highest and humidity lowest directly under the bulb. Try raising it a bit and make sure a fan is circulating air to help prevent pockets like that. You can have a 1kw light pretty high above the canopy and still have good flower development.
Edit: just saw you were at the top of your tent… may need to dial it back down a bit.

1 Like

taco leaf in these parts ha ha. I have it too. summer growing.

Ok so it not huge problem? But will it lead to something else getting fucked?

If your plant is showing such severe signs of stress, it will drastically slow growth because the leaves will close their stomata to protect the leaf.

It won’t die, but it won’t yield as much as if you had less heat, even if the light level was lower.

A plant in a good environment will outperform one in a bad environment, even if it is getting less lumens. In the way that an 80% utilisation of 600W (480) is much more than a 10% utilisation of 1000W (100).

1 Like

You’re going to lose terpenes and potency. I don’t about you but that’s a huge deal to me.

1 Like

Ok I got ya. Terps are huge deal to me. I put a fan up high to stir the air around better. If that doesnt work Ill dial the light back to 750w.

1 Like

Don’t feel too bad about heat stress. Outdoor temps in Afghanistan are not exactly cool in the daytime. :slight_smile: Even the glare here is harsh & could flower a plant no problem. :sunglasses:

:fire:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

After a few hours some of the leaves are uncurling but the ones around the cola are still tighter than a ticks ass.

some plants do it worse than others Starfighter in 70% RH and 80F still does it.

the fan underneath is quite a bit flatter this reminds me of a briziallian white widow.

1 Like

From a different angle…

What purpose/function does that response have in cannabis and/or other similar plants? all plants?

My guess is that it’s a stress-response normally but may be exhibited abnormally frequent in certain mutant phenos (or whatever :sunglasses: ). One thing is obvious though & that is that the topside of the leaves receive less light from above than they otherwise would(with flat leaves). So in purely that sense it’s a disadvantage, right? :thinking:

agreed. it still baffles me on correcting it.

1 Like

@argo945 Could you leave one branch before harvesting & try letting it get colder? like 70-75F? with 40-50RH?

:microscope:

2 Likes