What's the best 4x4 tent?

I’ve had a Black Box for 3 years now and I can see light working through the fabric in places, which means that some light may get through during my dark period. The tent was cheap, $200, but I’m starting to see why now.

In your experience, or if you’d just like to get one, what’s the best 4’x4’ tent?

Thanks

7 Likes

Ac infinity for the money

8 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are some of the best grow tents?

I’m using ac infinity and a gorilla grow tent. Both are good but I like how gorilla grow tents has more openings for wires, cords, ventilation. Also it seems to be more thicker and durable imo.

8 Likes

I would just smear or finger dab black silicon outside on light leaks : )

4 Likes

I bought some 5x5s from secret garden 7 or 8 years ago, they still in good shape considering a few of them were taken apart multiple times.

Some rust on bottom corners tho :wink:

3 Likes

Duck tape will resolve your issue go inside close it and look :eyes: for light leaks black duck tape is best. That will give you plenty time to get a real good one A/C infinity or gorilla are two good ones.

Check out the sale⬆️

2 Likes

Hey bud, seeing light coming through isn’t the end of the world. They are super bright lights being reflected on the tent walls. What happens when you turn on the lights around the tent and get in, can you see light coming through? If your tent is still in good physical shape, such as the zippers still working well, I would personally just save the money and fix the light leaks. There have been a few mentioned. You can even go super simple and drape a blanket over it. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Exactly. Or a tarp. That’s what I do. Anything to stop that light. I still get them and I do not even worry about it anymore.

5 Likes

I have the my main grow in a bed room with black curtains so there is no issues for me, I don’t even think about light leaks. But if I had to I would not scrap a tent that is in good shape over a few light leaks that are easily fixed. The tarp idea is another good one.

5 Likes

Take @DougDawson & @Hemp 's advice for sure. That’s where I’ve landed after 3 tent replacements in 1 year.

5 Likes

Does that little bit of light matter? Sometimes I’m in the tent during lights lit and turn my room lights on .

3 Likes

secret jardin

2 Likes

No a little bit of light does not matter. “a little bit is subjective tho” We grow outside with light coming from a neighbors house. Moon and stars. Unless you are running stadium lights in the room for the tent Ya Good.

3 Likes

I’m in a pitch black basement but I like to water before lights flip on so lights don’t fuck my eyes up

2 Likes

So do you go in there with a miners hat and cyclops led :rofl:

3 Likes

Nope just open doors and turn lights on in basement

2 Likes

You are fitting in perfect here bro. Classic. :rofl:

2 Likes

These have white vinyl liners instead of the reflective mylar

5 Likes

Buy a green grow led head torch ( Amazon ) if workin at lights out or buy method Seven glasses for workin at lights on : )

Best to water 1 h after lights on if you can . So plants fully awake and can handle the wet feet so method seven best option : )

Green led head torch , method seven glasses and a tube of black silicon will be less than half the price of a new tent : )

2 Likes