Whats yall favorite light to use?

I would say build your own! It’s so much simpler than one may think. I would recommend Solstrips they are second to none. Plus @Baudelaire has every bit of info you could want on them. I’ve been a happy user of his strips for 2 years now. Or if you don’t wanna build the fixture he has pre built units that in my opinion smash the competition. Whatever you do just don’t buy the strips on eBay I learned the hard way. They seem a great deal but all they are is a great headache and will have you building a new fixture every grow.

These are nice little units. I have a couple and they work great for one plant each. My only complaint is they’re a little hard to hang because of their small size. But they have a cool heat sink.

I switched my 4x8 over to a pair of high bay style lights from Optic LED, called GMAX 600. I got annoyed by lights that have a big footprint and wanted something farther above the canopy that I wouldn’t hit my head on. I’ve learned convenience is important to me :joy:

Efficient lights, killer heatsinks and meanwell drivers. I think they stopped making them right after I bought mine though. It’s a less popular style, but some other companies make similar lights.

3 Likes

Those look very well built. A little pricey, but you typically get what you pay for with leds.

I run three qb96 per plant. But I run large plants and push the qb96 soft at around 80-90 watts each.

Unfortunately the qb96 have been discontinued by themselves. I think you have to get the hlg225, which is the same led as a qb96. But about twice as expensive as diying a qb96.

Seems like hlg is moving away from selling components for diy and going for prebuilt lights. I get it. You could build most of their prebuilt lights for about half what they charge.

2 Likes

Always look on Facebook market, lots of grow stuff. 4x4 name brand tents for 40. And like I said my lights are qorth 1200 each but the dude couldn’t dial in with leds.

2 Likes

Thought I would drop some info on some absolutely bonkers LED bars. The specs speak for themselves, but from my experience these kick ass and take names then calls thier mom to gloat. Lol

SOL-STRIPS … For the win
X3-3050R Dual Band

Samsung-301B-3000k-SPD-chart

Photonics

LEDs: 144 diodes Samsung LM301B SL bin, two diodes Osram Square 3.24 Hyper Red, one diode Osram Square 1.24 Far Red
LED Color Temperature: 3000K/4000K/660nm/730nm
CRI: 85
PPF Efficacy: 2.9-3.3 umol/j

Power Consumption: 54-90 watts total, between both circuits
Operating Current (If): 2400/1200 mA (4000K/3000K circuits)
Maximum Current: 2800/1400 mA (4000K/3000K circuits)
Operating Voltage (Vf): 23.2 – 25.4 Vdc each circuit
Photosynthetic Flux: 230 umol/s

All this info is straight from their website which is… SolStrip.Com

3 Likes

Same here love 600 Mh/Hps…but switched to LEDs for to $$$ way chePer to run tgan MH…but i will keep mine in the closet until i can set up another solar system for them…cause if i had a grow shed outback it would be totally set up off grid woth solar panals all over thw roif with an annex just for batteries and control stuff…

1 Like

To date, my favorite light used was a 315w CMH in a 4x4 tent but pretty much kept the plants within a 3x3 space under the light. I used i believe a 3850k bulb and it was FANTASTIC in veg, but next time around I’d try to find a bulb in the 3200k-3400k color range.

Currently I use a Mars Hydro FCE 4800, also a fantastic light but man, that CMH really crushed in veg.

1 Like