What's your organic soil recipe?

@AzSeaindooin420 It seems like you need to come in here and try and stroke your ego…lol. how many times are you going to tell everyone you are a pro grower? I know I’m no pro, I don’t claim to be, I’d say I’m average to above average. But I do grow dank, no denying that.
I looked at your thread you seem to be a bit better of a grower than me. I still can’t find any pics of your top quality buds that are any better than mine.
I will say this you are extremely knowledgeable and know so much more than me it’s not funny. I have already learned a fair bit from you in our few interactions on here.

I’ve read revs book, and teaming with microbes both excellent books.
I used to use the spikes and layers of dry amendments rev talks about in his book.

I just like my simple method it works great for me and others who have tried it :man_shrugging:

As for the compost I have access to bulk compost, pile is the size of my house. So yes there are tons of bugs in it.
I might try and get some compost from home depot or something. But all the bags they carry are stored outside. I figured bugs would be in them also.
I get my promix from inside the grow shop.

As far as my soil getting better over time, well yes dry amendments take time to break down. They don’t all break down fully in 1 grow cycle is my understanding. So the longer you use your soil the better it gets. And I believe the microbes turn the peat to hummus over time. Obviously if I had compost or manure it would be even better, no disputing that.
But my method works great as is.
And yes I consider it water only :man_shrugging:
If someone uses teas I guess you don’t consider that water only either then.

3 Likes

Hey no reason to try to throw rocks and offend. I’m trying to share information, not make it a pissing match calling each other shit. when u brush off and disregard the facts I’m trying to share with u because I’m criticizing the methods that I’ve been there and done that with and trying to point out the flaws I’ve already dealt with and try to discredit the method out of ignorance then ya I am gonna remind u of my experience. I’ve studied soil biology, I’ve been on bulk farms for years and I am a pro personal grower and why my grows are turn key with many that do take my advice cuz my results speak for itself

It’s all about perpetuating GOOD information and recipes, pushing promix ain’t it and speaks to ur experience because it seems thats where we all start. Fast forward 15 years and the experience makes u learn what’s better and why its better and trying to explain that to u

Not sure which single thread u looked at but there’s my “going bananas grow”, “seed making time for jack herer and white rhino” , “Fem autoflower breeding project”, “here I grow again, back at it” and my most recent " greenhouse 2.0 unfinished greenhouse" or search my handle in the “who grows purple buds” thread. I’ve got a pretty good trail of pics and the success I have in my gardens and know I took plenty of budshots of the goodies

Rev is a very intelligent grower and I’ve read and followed alot of his stuff, even to this day the tea recipes I use are his as a backbone with a few beneficial twists of my own

Well I can’t say whats in ur compost pile as far as bugs but I’ve been a fan of the mushroom compost from home Depot for $2.50 a bag and never once dealt with a bug issue from it. It’s a good thing they store em outside cuz it keeps the medium pasteurized( temps between 140-180) and kills any bug eggs that may be in it.

Def depends on the amendment but typically most amendments take 3-4 weeks to become bioavailable to the plant, some like calcium can take longer but typically it’s all spent by the end of the grow or u got harsh buds cuz it kept feeding storing nutrients till the end, especially with salt buildups. But since it’s not decomposing a compost I just don’t see how it gets better each year. If u start with no nutrition and it breaks down it still has no nutrition…

Humus is essentially Forrest floor, peat doesn’t grow on forest floors it grows in bogs. Peat doesn’t turn into dead leaves and debris of plant material that dropped and make up the forest floor, it’s still nutritionless peat, even decomposed… That why I liked the Scotts humus and manure cuz it was made from forest floor with some chicken shit added in

I do teas as my primary source of feeding every 10 days to keep things charged and keep my vigor strong, but I def don’t call it a water only soil since there is active feedings not just throwing water on it, that being said I’ve used the same soil on my most recent “Fem autoflower breeding run by azseaindoin420” and that entire 3 months grow start to finish was literally water only, didn’t top dress, didn’t brew a single tea, literally just watered once or twice a week and that’s it start to finish. That’s a true water only super soil.

It’s all about sharing GOOD information on this site to make better growers and help ppl with success, perpetuating promix with a meal package may work, but there’s a LOT of better methods out there that are truely organic without questionable stuff like a polymer or slow release fertilizer thrown in, just trying to help u realize that

2 Likes

I’ve documented and had water only grows with my soil builds without top dressings, how is that so farfetched? A healthy living soil don’t need top dressing if it’s been charged up enough

3 Likes

Let me go off topic a lil bit, do u have dogs?
How many actually flip the bag of dog food and look at the ingredients? Or just grab a bag cuz it’s cheap at Walmart and easy to get?

Well we’re still discussing nutrition here…

Most cheap bags of dog food first ingredient is corn and much of the mix, it’s a filler and doesn’t provide actual nutrition so they have to throw a bunch of other crap in it to make up for it, some of it questionable and can’t even pronounce… that’s why it’s cheap… I’m sure u can see where I’m going with this…

Then u take a quality diet the first ingredient is meat and loaded with all the veggies and healthy stuff where the dog is gonna actually get nutrition not needing to eat or shit as much

Take the same dog with both diets, dog is gonna live and survive both directions, but the corn based diet is leave that dog always feeling hungry, eating more and pooping more and never really getting the full healthy nutrition, but you take the meat diet and that dog will get full, eat and shit half as much and their coats are gonna shine and maintain a healthy weight showing way better signs of health getting all it’s nutrients and vitamins

Now let’s compare this to plants, u can either have ur soil mix be nutritionless fillers or u can give it the steak and potatoes. Which do u think is gonna make for the better more successful mix? And if all the nutrients and food is provided then u won’t ever have to worry about deficiencies ever again, that’s where I’m trying to help u improve in the ease of growing

Compost is the cheapest part of a good soil mix, why avoid it so bad? Take ur 2 cu ft of promix, throw in 2 cu ft of perlite and 4 cu ft of mushroom compost and and u got a good ass mix that’s gonna make happier plants

3 Likes

Sorry for being a jackass

I live in Canada so no polymer in my promix.

I’ve got plenty of experience, not as much as you, but my method works great. If you don’t agree with me not using compost and using promix that’s a you problem.
I get you are trying to give me a better mix. But my mix is super easy and it works great my buds are ridiculously nice. Not harsh, smoke great. Not sure why that’s hard to believe. Go look at my journal and you can see the bud I grow is top notch.

I looked at 2 threads the banana one that the first pick showed deficiencies on at least one plant. So yes you do get deficiencies, just like others.
And I looked at your auto thread that also had deficiencies in a bunch of plants. But not sure they may have just been the males :man_shrugging: but your grow looks on point. I’ll try and check out a thread with some of your bud pics.

Look man you are a great grower with lots of experience and knowledge. I’m not disputing that, but to say I’m doing something wrong because I use promix to mix with my Gaia green dry amendments and not compost and coco or something other than peat is ridiculous.
And to say that if I top dress it’s no water only is also a bit ridiculous in my eyes but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

All I know is when I take out the soil to reamend its not the consistency of peat anymore it’s more the consistency of ewc, that’s why I said it’s like humus. I attributed it to the microbes breaking everything down. But I really don’t know.

I may check home depot for some of the manure or compost. Like I said I had assumed they would be full of bugs from being outside.

Would be nice if I could use the bulk stuff I can get for free. Have both classic compost and mushroom compost in huge piles outside. Unfortunately tons of bugs in it.

Thanks for sharing your info, I do appreciate it. You are definitely a wealth of information and I definitely gain knowledge by the stuff you post.

I stand by my post of this being a easy organic mix for anyone to use :man_shrugging: just like the title says.

Can you link me to these Awsome buds you speak of?
I searched in the purple bud thread but only came up with three posts by you. These can’t be the pics you are referring to?

The recipe says mushroom compost from a store not bug infested garden compost. This is a simple recipe that you have @justblazin not hard to put together and recycles :+1:

2 Likes

Ill just post my easy to get to pics, not the best camera but should still be able to see the frost and beautiful colors my gardens throw up.

Ya if ur trying to knock the banana grow at least knock it for the right reasons, we had a major problem with power outages that year and that greenhouse got up to 160 several times, then the underwatering cuz I couldn’t keep up. Wasn’t deficiencies, it was extreme stressors which also caused most of it to herm out in flower

1 Like

Ya my reading comprehension isn’t the greatest.
I missed the store bought. I just assumed it’s the bug infested one I see everyday :rofl::rofl:
I also thought bugs would be in the bags at home depot cause they are stored outside.
But AZ says the heat kills off any eggs or bugs when it’s outside. Great info by him. Thanks :pray:

1 Like

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for posting those!!
Those are all from a greenhouse? great job!!
They look frosty and nice colors :facepunch:

I wasn’t going to mention the banana grow until you told me the second time to look…lol
I saw the pm and stuff but I missed the power outage, that sucks. I was just mentioning the bit of yellowing, Only because you mentioned how none of your grows have any deficiencies and to go look.

Now here a few random bud shots from my last grow

I think I do a pretty decent job with the mix I use :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Ya those look pretty good! Lil bit of foxtailing on that last pic but that’s nothing to do with soil, just heat in flower lol

Ya that grow was a shit show with the weather and outages and still ended up with all this by the end…

3 Likes

That last pic was day like 84 almost. I chopped at 84 and that was near the end.

1 Like

Updated some pics ^

That looks like a life sentence of trim jail :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And that’s quite the moosecock in the first pick. Oh you are American, so that’s quite the Donkey dick in that first pic

1 Like

Ya… Still sitting in my safe, all 44 gallon sized bags of it. Prob gonna make a bunch of hash out of it.
Lmao ya that wasn’t even the cola, just a fat branch off of Kali mist x strawnana

1 Like

Now that is a man cave!

2 Likes

@Justblazin pic #2 is soo beautiful and what happened to that coke can. Great job.

@AzSeaindooin420 Wow that’s a lotta bud. I was under the impression that when plants are finishing they stop taking up nutrients. I’ve observed senescence knowing the soil wasn’t spent. Harvested great green (no fade) bud, that was not harsh. That was meant as a question I’m…

1 Like

@Justblazin, @AzSeaindooin420
My interest has been actively engaged by this conversation. Thanks for the stimulating exchange of perspectives.
As was said in parts where I was raised up, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. That said, imo, this conversation exemplifies the tremendous benefit of being an OG member — one gets exposure to a civilized exchange of ideas in the search for excellence.
We all, in life, are challenged by the perpetual interplay of walking humbly with whatever we hold as our “ truths” and the unending dynamism of fidelity to that while yet gracefully allowing others the spaciousness of their own evolving process.
This morning, this thread has been a fine companion indeed to my coffee. Thank you!

4 Likes

theres a ton of good ways to pull it off organically homie. Ive ran water only like you mentioned, and personally found way better results running soilless with regular top dressing. and using teas to get the compost goodness in there. All the no amendment dudes i knew grow terpless mids lol. So you can say youre a pro until the cows come home. I was for a decade until a disability stopped me. And I was the top shelf of many clubs and deliveries up and down Cali. Im speaking from the standpoint of growin the best possible medicinal product for patients. And giving them stuff with almost no taste and really low testing isnt what the consumer wants.

3 Likes