When are seeds 'worth' growing?

Plants I removed from the grow tent and placed into the greenhouse over winter produced seeds, my first.
One female plant was removed because it ‘stretched’ more than the rest, the second because it did not tolerate changes in the light intensity well…cast offs if you will. Neither of these reasons would have caused those plants to be culled outside the grow tent.
The male was a Wookie Hashplant and the females are Pine Apple(congo Kashmir X Lavander Lemonaid), all recent Bodhi offerings. These plants grew wonderfully, much more healthy than their indoor siblings…but the seeds were an after thought.
Am I better off dumping these seeds into the bird feeder or should I plant a bunch and see what comes from that? I have plenty of seeds from ‘real’ growers to keep me busy for years but a little voice is telling me to plant a bunch of these and see what happens.
What say you?

27 Likes

:arrow_up: do this! :wink: Nothing beats the thrill of the hunt! I have seeds for many lifetimes but its pretty cool to cruise through some of the beans you’ve made.

20 Likes

Listen to the voice :cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Could always feed the OG birds :rofl: Lots of Bodhi fans around here.

17 Likes

Just made my first seeds excited to try some of my own made seed was the seeds from a herm or was there a male that you missed? @grotebag

7 Likes

Intentional. The male was removed from tent and placed in the green house with the girls.

12 Likes

Then I’ll do that…for the experience if nothing else.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Nice looking male.

I would definitely plant those. Don’t be surprised if the seeds you made are better than the parents.

11 Likes

Plant them for sure

6 Likes

Some of my best works of art came from unintended seeds. Definitely plant them! As a matter of fact I’ll trade ya😉

9 Likes

Very ‘stinky’ male plant, a sweet ‘pine/cinnamon’ smell.

6 Likes

Indecisive??? Send them to me, just note Parents. I’ll do the rest. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Absolutely give some a go sounds like a interesting cross bet you find some neat stuff!

7 Likes

That’s a nice cross, if you have space run a few …you never know until you grow :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I would say plant a bunch. You never know, you may strike gold. Only way to know is to grow. :v:

6 Likes

Plant them, you may find :fire:.

3 Likes

Maybe toss a bunch of em in a large pot and let em go.
You can pull the males and if you find a real nice keeper do a re-veg type of thing.
If you like what you find you can always pop more if you don’t you did not waste much time and effort.

But yea, I would plant some for the hell of it.

5 Likes

Definitely plant some! I’d swear I hear you dm exploding @grotebag

4 Likes

Run them! It’s better than gambling because you always win!

3 Likes

I would run 10 or so. You can see the range there to see if it’s worth growing more after you finish those 10.

4 Likes