Where does the word Rodelization come from?

I appreciate you brother. My response back to you was only the first sentence, and the rest just a FYI to anyone else who may be reading.

Truth be told though, I find myself posting less and less as the flood from RIU shows it’s ugly head.

2 Likes

Yeah but they’ll get tired of having to put in effort and fall back.
I think @SpeesCees was on to something with the quiz in order to receive something. There was not even a requirement that people give correct answers.

2 Likes

Hopefully it will go back to normal. It is always good to read what you and the rest of the OG oldschool crew have to say. All the best from Colombia, brother.

I just realized that I haven’t looked for an ignore or block button on this site. Is there any such thing?

3 Likes

Yes, just jump in your profile then preferences. You have an array named “users/muted”.
Put the name in this array and it’s done.

4 Likes

Thanks @fuel that is going to be a great help :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t want to use this method, I’m interested in the science and terminology behind it and wanted to read more about it and see if it occurred in other species, however there was only information in regards to cannabis so either there is no scientific knowledge on this subject or botanists/biologists already have a word for it and don’t call it rodelization. :slight_smile:

It’s no different than dead-heading a flower and new ones come out after.

Thanks for this answer man, that’s exactly what I was looking for, however I still wonder if other botanists have a term for this too.

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: User name how did you come up with it

The link with rodelization of soma … hell, stoners ! ^^

For this exact case i don’t know, but i think than you can find interesting leads on the role/function of apical meristems in dioecious species.

3 Likes

Just in case you are interested, or anyone else for that matter. I’ve found the botanic term for rodilization which I believe is called Gynodioecy. However I’m not 100% sure.

2 Likes

I got it now ^^ So, yes but it don’t involve at all what soma say about it. It’s just sexual categorizations. Family if you want.

herms : perfect monoecy equilibrum in a way, no priority. hard to say it not in french lol
monoecy : pistils + staminate
dioecy : pistils or staminate

gynomonoecy : pistils + herm (so an herm mostly female in a way)
andromonoecy : staminate + herm (so an herm mostly male in a way)

gynodioecy : an herm female with a gynomonoecy
androdioecy : an herm male with a andromonoecy

and trioecy if any ^^

I use generally the term herm to regroup everything than is not dioecious, because i just kill them all others when i can. You have always a very resistant latent in a corner lol

5 Likes

No problem… Being a new member and asking a question about one of the only named cannabis techniques, that only has a a few mentions on the net makes me think. So I asked you why you would want to know.

Not speaking of you… I despise forum manipulation of citizens. It sucks but it is what it is… I guess I’m not the best but have been around the best all my life.

1 Like

You don’t need any protocol or format, just sharing the thing on a thread than is your. When you can, when you have something to show to be proud, to laugh or to get help … This section is the right one.

+1 for the sticky gorilla ^^

1 Like

@Kigganiller you are very far from original topic… I’ve cleaned the thread. Use Chat topic for general discussion.

2 Likes

Thank you, you are a saint :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell Soma made the term up. I can’t find any references to it on the web that aren’t related to cannabis.

1 Like

If you read his book, he mentions it is named after a friend with the name Rodel. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Yes.

I do not know why most, or maybe everyone, see’s it as a silly method. Maybe 'cause I am old, and at the time it WAS cutting edge(lol) but I have used this method. To be honest it was simple, was very effective, and I would do it again rather than spraying a plant with chemicals. When I did it, it took 2.5 weeks past prime time to start producing 'nanners, and is a painless operation. To my thinking I would rather do it this way, it happens in nature, than using Silver.
The plants used to create them were not prone to herming, never had one do so, and running them longer not only gave me the pollen I wanted, but did not hurt the bud much in my opinion.
I believe ReikoX is correct. Remember learning the thing from reading a book, may have been Soma’s. I think he coined the term.

JMHO

1 Like