Who uses 1 gallon pots?

Hey there OG. So I am about to end up with way more plants than I am used to and am thinking of using 1 gallon pots for space. Who uses them? What are your results like? How long do you veg? I am accustomed to 5 gallon fabric pots for bud runs and this will be for a seed run so I am looking for your input OG. Let me know your thoughts.

27 Likes

I used one gallon for my male plants.
Probably could do the same with females for seed runs

5 Likes

I often use 1 gals for vegging my photos, and start to finish for autos sometimes. I’m in living soil so 1 gals aren’t ideal but they honestly work fine. I haven’t run into any troubles.

5 Likes

I do a similar mix sometimes I run 3-5 gallon fabric. Other times I run a mix of 1-2 gallon plastic pots to allow me to run more and for seed.

5 Likes

Biggest issue is having to water more often.

10 Likes

I am currently using 1 gallon pots in flower. I think I veged 3-4 weeks or so. I’m expecting maybe an ounce per plant but I don’t know yet.

I flowered a plant in a 1g awhile back and yielded about an ounce or so.

The biggest difference will be watering schedule.

If it’s for seed it should be plenty.

+/- 10%

5 Likes

I use 1 gallon pots of coco. They can get anywhere from 2-5 ft tall. I water 2-3 times a day with timer, fountain pump and 1/2 and 1/4in tubing.

14 Likes

I go 6 weeks for veg, I’m in living soil. Blumats to ease the watering schedule.

3 Likes

I wonder how do 1 gallon airpots work…Should be a lot of watering work :frowning:

You can grow some nice small plants in em, short veg time pain in the ass to keep watered unless you’ve got some kind of drip system.

I did a 1 gal run pretty recently and they turned out nice, I was just chasing after em with the watering can by mid flower.

24 Likes

Is this auto or photo?
Amazing work over there
@EugeneDebs420

Thanks everyone. I guess I am just trying to figure out how to manage so many plants when there is only so much space available. Currently I am looking at dealing with 15 plants. I have to figure on a number of males in there that will get culled once they have done their business but until that point will need to keep things manageable.

10 Likes

Photo, think that one was a monster pebbles.

1 Like

One gal are fine as far as root bound it’s just tough to keep them watered once there in high gear but it can be done.

8 Likes

I grow in one gallon bags. I usually flip 4-6 weeks from seed, when they show. Coco, light on the perlite. I water once a day max, some less. I’ve pulled anywhere from 2-6 ounces per.

7 Likes

Look into air-pots! You can get away with a lot less footprint.

5 Likes

Nice, I use fabric pots normally when doing bud runs. I was thinking plastic pots might help with watering a bit. HMMM, debate debate, lol

2 Likes

I have thought about air pots but it will be significantly more expensive to buy 15 of them. Being right before Christmas when I get thousands in bills for things like cottage and boat insurance renewals money get’s pretty tight.

4 Likes

If you’re going that small I’d defiantly make some hempy pots. Might save you on some watering. If your running soil the smallest i’d go is 5 gallon. Im also looking to run more plants here soon. Switching over from living soil to coco. I’ll be running 3 gallon hempys with auto fertigation, feeding 6 times a day. The smaller the pots, the more you gotta water. Really no way around it.

3 Likes

That’s the problem I have with 1 gals, watering at the bare minimum daily… sometimes 2 - 3 times in 24 hours.

2 Likes