Who's ready for 2020 outdoor season?

@Jamescoldflame just in case, when you say you’re using 5 gallon buckets, you don’t mean you’re using them for the final up-pot for your plants, right? i’m sure that’s not what you mean…but wanted to check to be sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Srry to say … but yeah. Dont really have space for bigger nor the pots for bigger. I imagine I’ll need bigger. But… I guess I could grab a few storage totes to use. Maybe 20, 30 gal storage containers

1 Like

Second year at a fantastic site in southwestern Oregon. Doing a variety of Jack Herer crosses from seed–hoping there’s some old tastes in the Herer genomes. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s. Love this plant.

April 6

May 4

And now they’re on their way to go in

12 Likes

you could cut the bottoms out…let the roots go into the ground. but i understand having to keep size down. you’re gonna have to water every day in 5 gallons…they’ll get super rootbound. but we have to do what we have to do!

3 Likes

have some tree that are only a year or two old. can wait for them tstart blooming as well

6 Likes

Loved the LSDs we did last outdoor season.

3 Likes

I moved the Bling outdoors may 15 Humboldt Frost x Reserve OG x Humboldt Gelato we had an early warm spell then it cooled and back came the rain wind hail and now record heat for this time of the year .But all is well 3ft tall already from feminized seed . I also have vanilla Frosting clones out in the big bags and another new strain Romulan from happy dream farms / Humboldt seed all seem to be happy . photo from early may .

9 Likes

Been feeding nothing but water, flooded them yesterday morning to prepare for the heat wave we are getting but they don’t seem to mind… green crack is the caged ones, those plants love to be topped!!

11 Likes

Cor I wish I had the weather for those

1 Like

Sweet, knobbies in the garden!

my 82 when new.

7 Likes

HAHA! that thing is sweeet! I’ve been riding dirt bikes all my life till recent when I drove my first RZR, I am hooked, sold the bike and haven’t looked back… as they say: “with age comes a cage”… lol…

2 Likes

Breath taking

1 Like

You are brilliant. I love this idea. What size tires are those?

1 Like

Thank you!

22 inch dirt bike tires

Motorcycle shops have to pay to Dispose of them, so they give them away…

2 Likes

I think I’m finally ready! Found my garden of weeden :upside_down_face: I have a boat load of autos I’m going to start. Im not sure how many to do but its tempting to go heavy with this spot lol.
I’ve come to this spot like 3 times in the past few years and always skipped it for lack of seeds/motivation. This year I have practically nothing better to do. If I manage to get this project off the ground I’ll likely put a thread up :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I moved my post to a topic thread instead, didn’t want to hijack this one…

2 Likes

Fabric pots are a massive improvement for containers. I used 5 gallon buckets many times with the same result. Unhappy plants by the end of summer. In a fabric pot, all the soil is used by the roots. With plastic, only the outer perimeter of the soil is thoroughly used. So, in essence, a 5 gallon grow bag is " bigger" than a 5 gallon plastic pot. I also found vastly improved plant health by frequent up potting when I did use plastic. Use something( an old shirt, anything) to cover the bucket sides from the sun if you use them. Keeps the outer sunny side roots from cooking.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my back yard has mostly shade. I tried growing last year and only ended up with miniature plants and buds lol. Last year I grew in the ground, but this year I have a few plants outside in pots and I am moving them around as the sun moves, so I am (even more of) a slave to the plants lol. Yesterday I moved them around 5 times during the day to follow the sunny spots. So far the plants seem to like it and it gives me a bit more exercise. Luckily it’s just a few plants I have to worry about, I would hate to have to do that with a dozen or more plants :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Man your gonna be busy everyday for the next 3 months

1 Like

really psyched to see how these do…god i love this plant.

july 22

9 Likes