Who's running northern lights?

A small nug from one of the NL5 mommas of the seeds I gave out.

31 Likes

Mouthwatering! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Yes,AG NL2

3 Likes

Smoke Report:

AK Bean Brains Northern Lights #1

The high is perfection. A nice uplifting/depression crushing, pain relieving “narcotic like” experience. I speed walked 3.5 miles with comfort. Could have taken a nap with it too though. I swear it’s like an Adaptogen!

I vaped very little (like half a pinner worth), one quick sesh & it lasted for hours. Still feeling pretty good but with just whispers of the initial effect left FIVE hours later.

The mental effects though too, wow… it sliced right through a bad mood like a hot knife through butter.

I see why this strain was kept around for decades.

AKBB’s NL1 gets a solid 9/10 :+1:
Can only imagine the score if I had grown it properly.

30 Likes

that looks amazing. it makes me want to start my nl5 breeding project sooner.

the male for my project will be either bodhi’s '89 NL5 noof cut crossed to talk of kabul which i think is a landrace afghani that has a special story to it, or the bcsc nl5 f4’s from here on OG. depends which ones sprout but i’m hoping for the first, bcsc nl5 is just a backup.

9 Likes

Better pic of supe4 northern haze = (nl1xnl5)x super silver haze. Revegged and just under a year old jan. 7th will be her first birthday

17 Likes

It does! That’s a MarksCastle strain, he’s active over on the Farm:

4 Likes

thanks for that. it’s been a while since i heard the story and even then it wasn’t complete. i have 3 seeds left so i’m hoping for the best. i had a bunch of them going along side some of bodhi’s ‘yo mama’ years ago but ended up in the hospital and lost everything.

5 Likes

Week 3

I’ve defoliated mostly the inner structure. It should be noted this plant gets 8oz dilution of BBP. Pine and peppermint mmmmm :yum:

18 Likes

Sounds tasty!

Some males getting ready to shoot. I trimmed the lower branches to save some space.

20 Likes

Hell yea. I have an old Bodhi pack that’s Afkansastan x Talk of Kabul.

Never ran the TOK but MrDank passed me the Afkan once upon a time and I loved it. Yield was very low but also think I put her in the room after everything else. I got cherry, fresh asphalt notes from the Afkan. Haven’t run em yet, but I did cross it with Sakura which also had some milkshake cherry terps on one of my females, most others were very Bubba and OG like. Though Bubba and OG are very different in my books. Bubba being more of my style with the coffee, chocolate, hashy wide leaf traits and OG being more gas Chem & lemon. (MrDank is the breeder of Golden Goat/Funky Bitch and also found the Afkansastan via some beans a buddy of his brought back after a tour in Afghanistan)

Curious if anyone is finding any garlic and black pepper phenos. Juniper, pine, and forest floor too. Also still have some Sakura crossed with the 89NL noof x BCSC NL5. Two phenos actually. the other mom used was more chlorine smelling.

6 Likes

NL #5 at 58 days … she’s going dark, :yum:

Sorry about the crappy pics :frowning:

26 Likes

Week 4

Starting to accelerate. Yellowing a bit faster now. I believe those will be some meaty tops. Has slight sweet fruit smell now. BBP increased to 4oz dilution

14 Likes

force-awakens lores

2 Likes

That’s one root bound plant :grin:

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

True, but I’ve had to learn I don’t have the vertical height to support large containers, so I purposely restricted it to stay short. I had this problem w my first plants in 2 gall bags and had to bend tops way down maxing vertical height to raise light. More problem than it was worth…

3 Likes

Niiice

Im convinced that the best plants have long petioles

1 Like

You should never root bound your crops. Most effective way to always cut potency down. You have to reduce veg time if you want smaller plants. Restrictions in pot size doesn’t effect the height to a large extent other then its killing you plant slowly.

Leaflets shouldn’t be yellow in week 4, unless they are old and in shade. Water it more often, but abit less and try to give it abit richer nute solution.

1 Like

I should have seen this coming…we are going to have to agree to disagree on growing methods, plus the plant is from early July, so it does have older leafs that I will defoliate anyway, and it was repotted from 4” square when it grew too short for cuts, but I decided to flower it since I have bonsai moms and made a new mom. Potency has ZERO correlation to being root bound. If that was true, SOG wouldn’t be viable in small containers. Potency is genetic. Now I think root bounding may correlate to yield/bud size, but potency, total bunk!

1 Like

Potency are genetic but to an extent. At the end of the day its how dialed in with the plants life cycle that realize how potent the outcome will become. Your plant are out of sync and root bound so its eating it self to survive. Problem with this is that a plant can only eat movable nutes this way. The plant will not be able to get enough immovable nutes to keep the photosynthesis and the production of cannabinoids going. This will lead to a significant decrease in the total chemovar profile, both cannabinoids and terps.

Your idea of how potency works are very far from the truth. If your idea is correct, all the mass produced weed would be killer since they use the best genetics and are sloppy at growing it, but it shouldn’t matter right?

Im just trying to help you with a sick plant :roll_eyes:

2 Likes