Why do you create new threads?

well still did not hear who flips the bill. so shoot me a email and I will send you a 10 spot and pay forward some postage for others.

2 Likes

No particular threads in mind -

I could see myself or others feeling that theyā€™re thought provoking topic when asked in chat might be over looked as not everyone checks it out!

I definitely remember my first time on forums trying to engage with every other thought that popped into my head

A little forum etiquette goes along way ! Its alot of work for mods to clean up threads and move them into topics and mediate.

Iā€™ll sometimes search a topic and bring it back from a 3-36 month deep freeze!

3 Likes

If you are in the USA you pay through Sebrings site bud, I donā€™t collect postage for the USA. I distribute the boxes for Canada.

Not really. I agree itā€™s a ton of work for the MODs merging threads. Itā€™s not for me to say what is cool or what is not for people to do. I have several times sat and watched new threads pop up from members over and over again in a single day and wondering whey they were starting topics for every random thought that popped into their heads but thatā€™s just me. I canā€™t say they are right or wrong, to each their own. Just felt like asking about some folks thought process around it.

1 Like

Fellow stoners: Donā€™t forget the chat thread!

Wait, this isnā€™t FSFCā€¦

3 Likes

LOL, yeah. I have heard that somewhere before.

1 Like

Tonights feature on Overgrow

The man - the thread - and - the mind !

1 Like

I did not know about this Sebring site. cool cool. I am in Canada, just cracked some Sweet Blue Berry x Wedding Cake beans you sent me. I am, just a little outside of Ottawa infact I knocked up one of your locals.

2 Likes

Well than you are good to go bud. When the fall box is ready with those beans I will reach out to all who signed up in Canada, itā€™s $2.50 per strain you sign up for plus shipping cost.

1 Like

5 years thousands of posts

17 threads in total, i know one member thatā€™s has almost quadrupled that since january ā€¦

I like to provide substance where possible and or discussion vs one and dones :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Yeah, I always love your content. I am one of those members that has created 4 times the topics. Folks can be happy I dont do it for every random though as I cant type that fast. Heck, most nights those thoughts keep me from sleeping half the night. Nobody wants to hear that jumble of thoughts.

4 Likes

I am way behind.
I came back to OG in 2018.
3 topics madeā€¦ under 2000 posts in total. :laughing:

4 Likes

why i split my grow threads into new years at minimum :wink: and unfortunately alot fo threads get missed or buried sometimes in well other threads that dont have as much substance once i see them though i throw out follows.

2 Likes

I admittedly donā€™t put the effort into threads that I once did. I enjoy sharing a slice of life and what I grow and why, and I appreciate when others do that too.

When I first found OG in ā€˜02 I was still fascinated by who pot growers were. It was hard to find a decent dealer, much less meet a pot grower.
So I always loved members like Sinaloa (from IC). He would post big pot grows in the Mountains of Mexico. Derrayld would post African sativas and talk about wandering around from village to village in Africa and buying weed from different tribes. Some of the Canadians had bunkers and would share pics of strippers trimming their weed topless. Reibisi with his grow in the Canadian forest. Mullum Madman and his wheelbarrow full of Aussie weed. Those were always my favorite posters.

I donā€™t put that same effort into my posts anymore. I should, but I donā€™t.

Those are the posts I appreciate. The posts I actually make are more like trying to help others by admitting my ignorance. Which even as a grown man is difficult to do! To admit something is going wrong and you donā€™t have the answer. But I figure if I am struggling with it than so are a dozen other people and we can learn together.

7 Likes

I get drunk and think Iā€™ve got an interesting topic. By the time anyone replies Iā€™ve already lost interest and probably wonā€™t respond

10 Likes

If Iā€™m creating an entirely new post itā€™s usually:

a) a new grow journal, after a previous one that has been closed off.

b) asking curious questions of the wider community with usually no real motivation aside from pure curiosity & a desire to understand what others enjoy about cannabis, donā€™t enjoy, & the ā€œwhyā€ behind those things.

c) Iā€™ve found enough useful information + upskilled my knowledge in a variety of cannabis-adjacent topics simply through searching & reading hours on end here, that I havenā€™t found the need to ask many questions of people - though it seems people are quite willing to share. I assume someday though, Iā€™ll have a question for the community that someone hasnā€™t asked that Iā€™ll try and crowdsource knowledge from you fine folk. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought about making one about how to shampoo awesomely. Took me 40 years to figure that one out. Ya see, you donā€™t wanna be clawing your scalp with your finger tips thinking your getting it in there better. You want to use flat hands and fast and vigorous circles. Like your polishing a bowling ball. Your not trying to work the shampoo into your brain, your trying to create a thick lather. Millions of tiny bubbles almost feel like bugs crawling in ur hair(in a good way). It gets so thick you can leave it and wash other stuff without it running in your eyes.

also, mix 1/3rd turkey burger and 2/3rd beef for better fluffier taco meat.

There, now I dont have to make any silly threads :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Disguise the thread by making it a CBD shampoo.

But I like fun threads like that.

Smoker lounge obviously.

2 Likes

I open a topic when I have a subject to talk about, I read others topics and I post answers I think might be enriching for someone else.

1 Like

I wonder what is the average number of threads created per user. ?

I opened many threads as a new user in the Sick Plants & Problems category cus I get jittery when issues come up. So I asked for tons of help.

I see myself now using my journal to post most things instead of opening threads.

5 Likes

Me personally, I hate off topic comments in a fact finding thread.

I also hate a derailed thread that goes way off on a different topic.
Therefore in my mind at least you would need a few different threads for one discussion.
I must say I like how OG splits off a derailed thread into two topics.
I guess I am saying I like to keep my topics separate.
Like food on a plate.
We could have one topic here ā€¦WEEDā€¦LOL
We could have anotherā€¦ CARS.
I prefer to discuss engines in one thread, trans in another, carbs in anotherā€¦you get the point.
I feel this make searching the threads easier to find the good info, get to the meat so to speak.
So yea, I am a thread making machineā€¦ :clown_face:
I know that pisses some folks off real good.
Sorry if I offend those members, I try to be conscious of other members thoughts too.

Peace
Shag

4 Likes