Why do you grow Sativas, or Sativa leaning hybrids?

Spent my Fri/Sat with an old soul this weekend and had some very cool conversations. I find myself as always leaning towards the Indica side, but I also love the magic two landraces? IBL’s/Pure Strains can make when combined and worked for a while.

In any event he has always been a Sativa guy, know for them if you will in some large closed circles. I had to ask why Sativas?

His answer was quite a bit different than a lot of guys I have asked over the years which got me to thinking why not ask this question to our Sativa lovers.

Rather than sway anyone’s answers by stating what was talked about, lets see what makes you tick?

Why do you grow Sativas, or Sativa leaning hybrids?

4 Likes

personally I like the flavors of sativa more than indicas… it’s really an issue of highs for me though, because I like a high I can do things on and sativas are naturally pretty racey…

I work at a job that requires me to be constantly walking so I need something that’ll keep my pain level down and my ability to keep working high…

plus just look at them… what’s not to love haha

11 Likes

I smoke both but prefer sativa for the way it tends to make me feel. A good sativa will just put me in a really good mood and the more I smoke the higher I get. I get extremely burnt out when I’m smoking something heavy during the day and have to fight really hard to not fall asleep. Great for evening but not so much when there’s lots to do. You feel accomplished when something finished that takes 2x longer and is a finicky bitch. I grew up smoking only black market weed and the vast majority here is indica dom and I wasn’t lucky enough to be around back when everything was imported from other countries and was mostly sativa landrace. Variety is the spice of life though.

7 Likes

This is what I am looking for as well. I have tried Northern Lights and it just puts me to sleep. I tried Critical CBD, and its great for pain, but also tends to meke me a little sleepy. I just finished some Blue Dream, but had to harvest early, so its a little weak, but maybe better than the other two for daytime, ‘get some work done’ use.

Im going off topics some, but what sativas do you guys recommend?

2 Likes

Sativas are a love/hate thing for me. I use sativas medically for depression. I also prefer the terpenes found in sativas (lanalool particularly).

The problem is, they can trigger my anxiety when I’m already in a manic state. CBD can help tame this, but mutes the effects.

Typically I like to have both on hand for my mood swing in that day.

9 Likes

Heavy indicas all give me the same feeling. I like to hit them in the evening before bed. I prefer sativas during the day for the energy, the more psychedelic buzz. More of a euphoria/happy feeling. Good pain relief without sleepiness.

I find the difference in buzz between different sativas more noticeable too, it makes it fun to try the different strains. Would never want to give up my indicas either.

8 Likes

The first strain i really found myself enjoying everytime was super lemon haze. Great for mood and great conversation. I like to observe others when they smoke this strain to see how they react.

1 Like

Just love variety, especially flavors.

I enjoy “body highs” as well as the psycho.

Keep it moving!

2 Likes

The only reason I usually have an indica Dom is for pain relief and/or to knock me out.

I prefer sativas cause there are a multitude a varying effects. Focused and alert, wirey and energetic, euphoric and creative, etc…

It’s also easier to feel the different effects, versus just being stoned-stupid.

:v:

5 Likes

Medical reasons… Depression/Anxiety… More Sativa dom hybrids though as pure sativas are too racy and tend to kick anxiety into panic attack mode. I do love Indica though, but I need something to uplift me and get me moving instead of couch locked, sleeping or eating lol

Also, Indicas affect motor skills and this tends to set off my anxiety when they too strong or smoke too much

3 Likes

I tend to stay away of the sat dom strains if possible because I’m scared to death of some of the crazy long run forever sativas.
I’m a very impatient person and if it runs longer then 9 weeks I’m not interested regardless of effect.
If I’m buying (very rare) I usually opt for the stuff I’d never actually grow. The long running sativas should probably be more expensive commercially imo for this reason but my cheap side appreciates that they aren’t

Can yoy get the longer running sativas at the dispensary? Ive never really been to one except once in Colorado.

Ya they usually carry a bunch of stuff that I basically assume is imported cus none of the guys I know will run 13 plus week stuff indoors.
Only those that truly love them will grow those and usually not an entire garden worth maybe 1-2 for personal just to switch it up

1 Like