3 Likes

Hehehehehehe i See what you did there

1 Like

Long bottom leaf

2 Likes

:joy:
I :green_heart: you @middleman

2 Likes

Why do we use the word race for people when we are but one race? (Started to justify slavery by the by.) Because words are all arbitrary and made up. But we know this and yet still use race. Yeah, term strains aint going away for a LONG time.

aside from the fact that it is accurate. Maybe not scoentifically accurate, but very common usage accurate at the least.

And whats a word but sounds we all agree mean something? If we all agree on what a cannabis strain is, then its accurate.

4 Likes

Itā€™s because we always say things like ā€œhuman race.ā€ We could say ā€œhuman species.ā€

4 Likes

Human race is fine and accurate. Race being skin color or ancestry within the human race is inaccurate and was used to justify bad things. And yet we still use it absolutely everywhere. But no need to go down this path any further.

Strain is actually accurate and probably not going anywhere regardless of government.

3 Likes

I can only speak for myself and in my defense I can only say ā€œIā€™m a stonerā€. For those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who donā€™t, none is possible.

5 Likes

The only snobs are the one who said ā€œfuck the flavah industry bunch of wise guysā€ and made up some shit thatā€™s not panning out.

Like myrcene = skunk, myrcene = purp. Myrcene = couchlock. Lemon peels taste like lemons, etc.

Ganjier and similar groups are telling people that unflushed phophosboost weed is ā€œgasā€ while the public is yelling ā€œno more dmt garden hose tennis ball terps, my lungs are toast my allergens are crazy and I havenā€™t been high in years.ā€ And they throw a fucking fit if you donā€™t use their made up terminology.

So I think we can pinpoint ground zero for the ā€œI make up shit because Iā€™m a well respected meth dealer, youā€™re not qualified to observe preexisting concepts outside of dope dealingā€ "

4 Likes

Here is an article by a lawyer who works with plant patents discussing this very topic.

3 Likes

Like most terms and words in a non-technical/non-expert context, use whatever you want as long as people know what you mean. If that happens, then language accomplished. Pretty much how the botanist lawyer came down as far as cannibis is concerned. They are all fairly interchangeable in common usage currently.

5 Likes

Thats beyond funny :grin:

2 Likes

Itā€™s almost like some people work hard to misunderstand, as though they are ā€˜gradingā€™ you on how specific your nomenclature is.
If the ā€˜goalā€™ is to communicate, demanding others communicate they way you want communicates something, youā€™re an ass.
The only finger Iā€™m pointing here points at my younger selfā€¦

4 Likes

I think of this when people argue terms and man made categories.

4 Likes

Itā€™s actually non birthing person made

2 Likes

I learned a bunch about terminology from this thread, specifically @Somatek ā€˜s comments:

1 Like

I member calling the good good ā€œKBā€
Mostly sour milk bud back then, up up state NY, (by canada) late 90s
Good heckin times bruh :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks, interesting read! This quote was particularly surprising to me, maybe I am just too high but it kind of blew my mind that I didnā€™t realize this.

Letā€™s start with the ā€œrightā€ word: cultivar . It is a portmanteau or, as my kids would call it, a mashup, of the words ā€œcultivated variety.ā€ A cultivar is a group of cultivated plants that all share the same character or characters that are consistently inherited within the group. This means that the cultivar is defined by the phenotype , and not specifically by the genotype ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought that part was interesting too.

1 Like

it was easier to type strain