Wild fires in Northern California - Fund raiser

Wishing all the best to cali friends for the wildfire going on.
Subcool farm has been hit badly. Sub and Jill are safe but looks like they lost quite all… :frowning:
DS

7 Likes

Oh my God! NO! Do we know that they are ok for real? I saw the news this morning about Sonoma County…

What about @ryasco and @Baudelaire, and @BogSeeds?

I just saw a map of the fires and they got fires all over Cali, from top to bottom… What is going on?

1 Like

That live stream this morning was crazy as shit. Hoping they didn’t lose everything.

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Cali is burning down and here in Colorado we are getting out first snow…

Stay hazed and happy Monday Overgrow.
Jake

3 Likes

I am fine, my sympathies go out to those who aren’t.

7 Likes

Here is a fund raising campaign for the Canna community affected by the wild fires in Northern California. Sid Avery is missing if anybody knows anything.

https://youtu.be/5cmOaLoLxxU

Very bad in northern Santa Rosa, southern Napa, Calistoga areas. Ok by me but smokey. But I have friends who were BBQing and swimming yesterday, homeless today. Winds whipped the fires in the middle of the night and spread them fast, jumping over ridges and blowing embers across miles to start new fires elsewhere.

5 Likes

We have haze and smoke as far south as Salinas.

1 Like

They are giving a lot of beans away for donations in the Fundraiser. Some great genetics from many breeders. A lot of growers have lost everything lets help out.

2 Likes

Where can one see these seeds?

1 Like

You have to watch the fund raiser and they say 40$ will get you this or 100$ will get you that. More breeders show up and donate more and say what gets what. Just say what you want when you donate.

2 Likes

Sid Avery was found, he is fine.

2 Likes

I saw that, he said two hours away from fire… But it’s raining ash he said too…

1 Like

That is some scary shit!

1 Like

It happened here about a year ago, a volcanoe, you know… There were roofs collapsing cos’ of the weight!

3 Likes

Wow! I hate that shit. We get surrounded by fire sometimes and we are safe but it still worries me. In the valley it won’t reach us.

1 Like

Smoke is a big factor too, you can choke with carbon dioxide, if it comes to close to you guys, hope not tho!

2 Likes

This morning i was smelling the smoke and could see the haze in the foothills. I will be miserable in a few days if the smoke gets bad., i have allergies. The bad thing is the ash, i might harvest all my outdoor this week if it gets bad.

2 Likes

It will ruin your crop for sure, the time of the volcano here, hundreds of acres of food were lost to the ashes and hundreds of cattle heads choked to death… It was awful man!

2 Likes

I couldn’t imagine worrying about a volcano, that is straight Hollywood. Ha! Ha! The closest live one to me is Yellowstone i think. If it goes i don’t think i will last long enough to worry that much. :grin:

2 Likes