Wild fires in Northern California - Fund raiser

Yellowstone is not only an active volcano, it’s a super-volcano, if it were to go off, it would cloud the whole globe for at least a few weeks!

1 Like

Ha! Ha! Exactly, time for the next iceage.

2 Likes

The end of civilization as we know it man! Capitalism, religion and the social contract would be broken…

1 Like

Can we do that with out an extinction level event? :grin:

1 Like

I know @lotus710 would long for it… But not me man. I love air conditioning, and the internet and such… I guess it would have to do in the event but i wouldn’t choose to live like that.

2 Likes

You assume we need authority to be civilized, when authority figures are usually the most brutal.

1 Like

But the clans are worst, they rape and sack villages and all, cos’ it would come to that you know it right? Just like the medioevo, cities with walls.

EDIT, we humans are self-righteous and incapable of decency when in masses, one bad leader will take everyone to destruction. We are not so far apart from it right now.

1 Like

If you read history it wasn’t like that everywhere all the time. A lot of civilizations had long histories with little to no war. Violence is associated with lack of resources or religious ideals. Bad leaders normally don’t last long in earlier cultures, they would be killed and replaced. Our present experiment (capitalism, democracy) is a few hundred years old. It just started we don’t know what will happen but so far it is a wild ride.

2 Likes

Yeah i hear ya. I forgot a lot about history and all, but would have to reseach the civilizations of the past and corroborate it, but i believe you. Let’s just see what happens.

2 Likes

wait a second - what about Mammoth Mtn. ski area? Shasta, Lassen, etc. you are living dangerously. :smile: About 10 years ago a couple ski patrollers at Mammoth died from inhaling volcanic gases on the mountain.

I think volcano ash is more harmful than wood because of the tiny rock particles. There was a guy on "Monsters Inside Me’ who did get a brain-eating organism from inhaling California wildfire smoke.

2 Likes

I thought those were dormant, if not great more to worry about! Ha! Ha! :grin:

1 Like

It’s a big shame, earthquake in Mexico, shooting in Las Vegas, flooding in Costa Rica, hurricane in Puerto Rico, fires in California… WTH???

I feel blessed by just having a home and food at my table, but there is a lot of people going thru a lot of struggle now.

2 Likes

Central Cali is a bit hazy but no smoke smell today. I hope the winds keep the ash away, i would love another week or two far a couple of plants.

2 Likes

Then you need to mandate and ask for it. You will get it. Word!

1 Like

They reached the 5k goal for the fundraiser yesterday (this morning) which is incredibly impressive for the cannabis community to come together like that and raise a substantial amount of money to help. Not sure where exactly this money will be going but i’m sure it will be to people in need. They have a new stream going today.

There was “Jamaican Purps” on the list, doubt it’s landrace though :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU3Swz0nZqk

4 Likes

Here is a link for air quality if anybody wants to know what they are breathing here in California.

https://www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&mapcenter=1&cityid=540

1 Like

That’s not good, Costa Rica is probably seven times smaller than California, which means no one could breath in here, that is awful man!

1 Like

We are still lucky here but up north they are suffering bad.

1 Like

I see Sacramento real bad right now… So sorry about it all…

1 Like

omg someone in that fundraiser bean auction paid $2600 !!! for 5 cuts of krippy, Jblizzs personal mango cut of smurfberry (or maybe smurfzilla?), a cut of the secret, a cut of 88 g13 x hashplant, 25 pack of purple urkle BX, a few more cuts and a few more packs of seeds. the bidding got up to 3k but it had already closed

2 Likes