Wild fires in Northern California - Fund raiser

It´s so sad, Subcool lost everything, how does one go about life after en event like that, it´s truly scary. My heart goes out to @Subcool and his family/friends. So sad.

4 Likes

The sentimental irreplaceables – pictures, heirlooms, genetics – take a piece of us when they go. But the loss of all tangible articles doesn’t equate to losing everything, what made him who he was is still intact. It will take time, but a years crop and personal property are no biggie, let’s do what we can to make sure all people involved are okay, and everything else will fall into place.

(Note: not to sound negative or belittle the difficulties anyone’s facing, but we’ve been in similar circumstances and the best idea we could come up with was “keep busy until things are back to normal.”)

5 Likes

The new auction for the fire victims.
https://youtu.be/6jfuxKSt_oc

Seeds available for the time being.

1 Like

The new auction. After so many hours they have to move.

https://youtu.be/apZtlzQ-pio

OMG! I didn’t even know Subs place got hit. I watch all his shows on YouTube, he just posted one on the 7th. From one weed nerd to another, my thoughts n prayers r with Subcool ,Mz. Jill, Toke and everybody else affected by this tragedy. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s a great tragedy

1 Like

What a tragedy, I have friends in NorCal and the Bay Area. I am concerned. This really hits me in the gut, I do love that part of the country, And emerald cup will have a special meaning to me this year.

Instead of praying I will try to make a difference, Im going to do a local fundraiser for the victims of the fire.

I am stumped to where to donate to, Red Cross California Wildfire fund?.. Is there one specific charity to give money too?.

4 Likes

My thoughts best wishes and prayers go out to all the folks over there :pray:

3 Likes

Here is a childrens charity that is going to be severely short on thier medicine. A lot of farms that burned up supplied them.
http://caladriusnetwork.org/

This is Pat from SoilKing he is taking donations and getting food and equipment to the people that need it.
320 Santana Dr
Cloverdale, CA 95425
(707) 894-3500

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/EpN4Um8kLIA

2 Likes

must be cool to live in Mendo, you get a sense of the laid-back vibe. I would miss winter but not the uptight northeast attitude.

2 Likes
2 Likes

that really sucks, a divorce on top of the disaster. Sometimes you just gotta say “2017 was a shit year” and look forward to 2018.

Especially when you have chronic health problems, shit tends to pile upon shit sometimes. :frowning:

2 Likes

they actually met on overgrow… i heard him mention it on a livestream and mentioned it was back up so i came to register to see if i could find a wife

5 Likes

Today I received my donation gift from Chris Chronic of north genetics! Smurfzilla for which I donated $75 USD (retail price). I had actually e-mailed him yesterday to ask for an update and offer to paypal $10 for shipping costs but he said nah don’t worry about it it’s on the way, and low and behold here it is!! Great guy super pleased with this experience, it’s amazing all of the time, effort and inventory these guys donated to raise money for fire victims. feel so blessed to be a part of this community :heart:

8 Likes

I donated too little to get seeds but it was good to help either way. I love those packs and the way they came thru for you man! Cheers!

5 Likes

crazy dago said during the roundtable last night the growtube community over the course of a week raised over 45 thousand dollars to help fire victims. AMAZING!!!

3 Likes

today i received the other package i was expecting from the gofundme fundraiser. this package was sent from TheAmericanOne on youtube who offered to add on some of his own crosses to anyone who donated for seeds so because I had donated 75$ to receive smurfzilla he so generously sent these out to me at his own expense. over 45,000 raised in a week, because of people like Chris Chronic and TheAmericanOne. Amazing!

the crosses are Godbud x Cheesequake, Oh God x Cheesequake and a proprietary strain x Cheesequake, all with the same cheesequake stud. I am a huge fan of jordan of the islands (and godbud) so I was super excited to receive these. have never tried cheesequake.

7 Likes