"Wild" unidentified Sativa - Free Seeds

Looking good! That’s the wild sativa correct? Neat leaves on that one. Looks a bit like Kashmir

2 Likes

Yes. I updated the post to make that clear. I have never, to my knowledge, seen a Kashmir.

3 Likes

Check out the Kashmir leaves on Diggy’s thread. Very similar style leaves. It must be an adaption to a humid climate. I would think the Canadian peninsula(?) and Kashmir would have similar humidity and rainfall. Those wild sativas come from a very similar climate to mine. Can be very humid.

2 Likes

They look wild… like feral outdoor cats that someone brought inside. So cool to see some updates on these!

3 Likes

WILD CANADIAN SATIVA
Budding up nicely for, what? 5 days in flower?

But what is this? Hmmm, hrmmm?

The other, barely juvenile WCS clustering like he’s ready.

I believe they need a private room.

Damn! I need to buy another SIL fixture. $12 at the local shopping center.

8 Likes

Heads up. High likelihood that I will take these down in the next day or two. It’s a fast and unpredictable plant and it’s doing this on every node.

3 Likes

That a herm?

2 Likes

That it is Bob. That it is.

1 Like

I do 12/12 from seed…if your looking to keep males and fems, I can produce seeds for you and the og crew.
Edit: I’m upping my legal limit to 199…

7 Likes

Thats kinda sad that its a herm but im still interested in the strain. Just gonna keep watching and see what you people do.

Wtf…where are all these negative people coming from?..names I’ve never seen before.

1 Like

hehe, do you have to wait a year or can you just up the limit? I know you can grow for 2-3 other people too and have them sign their license over to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t blame you there. Is this just one plant that is hermie? could be stress from being in a container causing that. Nice looking plants though. . Vigorous too as you said. Hope it’s just the one, and I hope no more present balls.

3 Likes

Currently, one male, one pistilate herm, and one female. In the Wild a plant has no pressure against self pollenating. I came scissors-to-its-throat close to killing last night but I started thinking: the expectation of unattended yard survival may be incompatible with a requirement of sexual stability.
I am going to play the days by ear. If at some point I can’t or don’t want to do daily inspections they’ll go in the compost.

4 Likes

Good call on that. I’d let it live for now too. It may be the only time it even produces balls in its whole life. You never know. Neat watching these grow. Fingers crossed they behave.

3 Likes

Any updates on these? Hope all is well!

3 Likes

Hey @Upstate, gotta tag me or I don’t see posts here. Still alive. Hashy smell. No buds to speak of.

On the left we have an abundantly seeded (WCS) girl. I predict 50-75 seeds. On the right a mystery. Four branches have been enclosed in damp pollen filled snack bags for two days (Heri x2, Afghan Haze, Mother’s Milk). They are labeled. Like to get some Deep Chunk on her too. No obvious pollenation yet.

Here is how the seeds lay out.

6 Likes

My interest in these has morphed. No longer banking on survival qualities. Their structural simplicity is still interesting. And as an IBL they will behave predictably and be a viable F1 parent.

This is the mirror of what I want from Deep Chunk. Still in an early phase practically speaking, but theoretically I have come to think of Deep Chunk as a marker tool. Like an ink injected into genetics to reveal the structures it touches. Its qualities are so simple and recognizable (structure, texture, leaf shape, size, presumably taste and high) that it will quickly reveal the dominant traits and pulls of whatever I bring to it. It defines the broad-leaf outside edge.
I am fantasizing that the WCS could similarly own the narrow. If, as I predict, it produces no buds and causes no high.

Herm tendency is a concern. Deep Chunk whorls sometimes. This is an indication that the offspring will be unstable. I love that it gives a warning.

3 Likes

Interesting breeding insights. I like the way you describe deep chunk and breeding. Makes a lot of sense. I can’t believe those things are still in beer cups LOL! Got to be two or two and a half feet tall right? Who collected these in Canada again? If deep chunks a wild-type indica, and we have wild child here from Canada… seems like they should be wed… wild chunk​:sunglasses::joy:

Couple generations with Some Lovin That Could disappear… whorled leaves… is that a typical indicator of instability in offspring? Or not liking growing conditions? I.e. a container