Winter 2017 - 2018

Couple of Mug Shots, some flowers forming. :smile:

Grand Daddy Purple

Orange Hill Special Bag Seed

This Space Candy is stretching hard and starting to dominate the tent.

7 Likes

Along with the Space Candy 3 Stretch, came Space Candy 3 root binding. This one and the Jacked Up Heavy Nolog both gave me that look and started to complain this afternoon. So they are into 5 Gal containers after only 8+/- days and needed it. Was hoping to get a couple more days. The 5 left in 7" containers will follow tomorrow.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad, my taller queen is really root bound and unhappy in her 7" pot and the other is working on getting all bound up. But, they’re both gonna have to stick it out till Friday when the big pot frees up. I’m slowly transitioning from the hydrofarm pots to fabric pots

2 Likes

I’m in a similar boat waiting on pre-flowers to show so I can transplant in the big no-till.

1 Like

So, I have 5 different types of pollen I intend to use this winter.

I will have a few of some of these cuts, and this is currently the plan.

So far, roughly 17 new crosses planned.

The Green x’s are crosses I’ll make with the current flip. The Red x’s will be seeded clones. Didn’t want to seed the current flip, but I don’t have enough clones to keep everybody happy around here. :smile:

4 Likes

The re-potting effort is complete. They were ready.

Everybody’s in their new container and happy, for now.

7 Likes

The 8’ tent is a great thing. I am sure there are really nice ones. This is a cheap one.

They all fit, for now, but the footprint for 9 plants is just too big for a single light.

Had to pull out the double barrel HPS for this run.

Not much need for heat, the “secret weapon” is up and running.

The Post Office must have known today was flip day!

7 Likes

Nice upskirt. I’ll have to take pics of the clusterfuck that is my root ball when I transplant lol.

1 Like

Caught them just before things starting getting nasty.

They are happy, I am done for a while. :laughing:

1 Like

That’s good. Everything look tip top.

1 Like

I have always loosened the roots when transplanting. I am hearing that is a no no now.
What do you do?

1 Like

If I can manage, I will wiggle my finger in and gently move them out of the tangle. (Water can help some times) It is a kindness to the plant. These weighed a lot and my back was groaning today, so they went in as you see them. Should be fine.

I know for outdoor plants, this is a great thing!

1 Like

Check this. I believe soil plants can take some of this treatment too!

Sorry @Uncle_Al

I didn’t take the video. :mans_shoe:

Never mind believe… Freakin Overgrow.com. Love this site…

2 Likes

There’s a reason those are called “shower shoes or flip flops” I guess that barely counts as footwear, or clean feet.

3 Likes

Moving on…

The clones are still green and growing…

Agent Orange x C99

Nobody in the flower tent is complaining today!

The Jacked Up Heavy Nolog is a quick and aggressive plant.
Already thinking this will be first harvested.
10 days after flip and the buds are taking shape??

1 Like

I see you went all-in on the stakes! :+1: I don’t think any disturbance of the roots in the photo is necessary, I only pull them apart when you can see clumps of multiple roots twisted against each other on the bottom edges, in a way that would block new root growth downward.

These are the cheap ones. There is a reason. Tiny fiberglass splinters. Best if you take these off the surface before use (0000 steel wool did the trick). Not sure it will last though.

Wouldn’t recommend to a friend. :thumbsdown:

99%

I prefer to use 1/4" wooden dowel from the hardware store

1 Like

Meanwhile, back in the Stud Shck, the boys have no idea there is a snow storm raging outside.

5 Likes