Winter is almost gone

This area had a tarp over it for the last two years. It gets pretty good sun.

I have this to supplement etc. The bottom pile is topsoil my GF’s landscaper left behind. Above it are leftovers from downpotted mothers.

I have a tub of biochar from another friend. I have seen it mentioned but have not yet researched its use.

Wormfarm is in the garage under my grow table. Getting banana peels, coffee grinds and crushed eggshells. Maybe some oatmeal.

Do I want to do anything before the snow comes?

7 Likes

Also have a bucket of fireplace ash. Hard and soft woods were burned.

Can also source moss:

And blackberry branches:

7 Likes

I used to build my own soil and recycle it got to be to bigg in the ass having to have swimming pools here and there.
Was running a perpetual at the time had a hard time keeping up.
8/8/8 in 10gal pots what a pain.
Having to have bulk nutes available ain’t worth it to me.

I salute you

3 Likes

Spent the afternoon in the rain. The new 4x6 bed is in the prime (previously tarped) location. The tarp is now covering the area where last summer’s dirty girls hung out. The pile of blackberry branches migrated toward the yard waste bin but have not yet found their way into it.

I filled the raised bed halfway with yard dirt. I have biochar, topsoil, dirt from dead plants and this:

with which to ammend.

4 Likes

I think your good to go for spring man. Looking good.

5 Likes

Turn your raised bed into a worm maze!

5 Likes

Winter might be over in your neighbourhood but is kickin our asses here in northern Alberta right now!

Merry Xmas! lol

:peace:

4 Likes

I just got a chill in my spine looking at that…

2 Likes

That looks rather unpleasant. I would probably just stay home… Oh wait…

2 Likes

I got a chill in more than my spine right now but what better barrier to the zombie horde eh! lol

Stay safe!

3 Likes

Funny guy eh! It’s not a lot of fun but we’re all stocked up with the essentials and have a huge chest freezer full of frozen meat, veg and the all essentials like ice cream!

We’ve been here almost 20 years and I’ve worked in the bush for half of that and know how to hunker down and weather a storm. The 200ft driveway is chest deep in drifts and I don’t care how tough your 4x4 is you’re not getting in or out now.

Winters have changed a lot in 20 years here and lately have been much milder. Them damn Russians and Chinese are trying to kick our asses but they’re gonna lose! lol

Stay safe! This is not a drill!

1 Like

:joy: you make a good point.

2 Likes