Women using cannabis while pregnant

I’ve read the same thing, but I think that the children of the canna users weigh less.

1 Like

The dose makes the poison and it should be clear to everyone here that smoking during pregnancy is not good.

Vaping or oral consumption, definitely before smoking if you have to.

1 Like

I wonder if perhaps it comes down to what kind of weed they smoked? In Jamaica when the study was done they would have been smoking Sativas.

2 Likes

I would agree with that…but I wonder if it’s the butane lighters that we use that would make a difference in health? Or the way we grow the weed? In jamaica they would spark a fatty and only inhale weed smoke…from organic plants. It was quite a big study And the results cannot be denied. Weed did not affect the babies in a negative way.

2 Likes

I think neither the form of consumption nor the type of cannabis was discussed. 90’s in Jamaica it’s probably sativa though I suppose.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think the consum of cannabis for unborn children is good.
It doesn’t have to be harmful, but this are not the best conditions to start life.
If you can’t go without it, I would consume organically grown cannabis orally or vaping. Tobacco or alcohol is a lot worse for me.

1 Like

Being a Mom. I didn’t smoke or drink during pregnancy. I have three girl all smarter then me. One is a PA after going thru pre vet.

I won’t tell anybody what to do. I just wanted the best start I could give my babies. That said I can see where some organic grown Sativa strains to be of benefit for some Moms to be.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

All my female family member cousins smoked grass while pregnant. With the exception of my sister all female family members my age smoked while pregnant. All of their kids are smart as a whip and healthy in every way. 90% made high honor role in highschool and most made the Dean’s list in college. There is NO data suggesting cannabis use is bad for a fetus. All studies suggest the opposite.
Think of all the other cultures on earth that have heavy cannabis use. Ever hear of an autistic Jamaican baby? African baby? Me either.

2 Likes

It is interesting to see the disparities between, what people say, and are told- and what actually happens in real life.

I would never suggest anything to a woman about her body, cuz i am a dumb dude.

So very many ‘heavy users’ of many things, have absolute genius’ for offspring.

I personally believe the average cigarette dipped in formaldehyde is the worst thing created by man, and it’s affects are plain to see.

$0.02

2 Likes

I don’t know. Sounds like a smart position to keep😁

2 Likes

Plenty of studies proving The ill effects of cigarettes. Of course smoking anything temporarily deprives the fetus of oxygen. But I don’t think most people hold a weed hit in for more than 3 to 5 seconds and I can’t imagine any damage could be done in that amount of time.
But as you say to each their own. I can understand both positions.

3 Likes

It’s interesting you brought this up because mental health, disabilities, and the like have been a contentious and often rejected topic in many African countries for quite some time. There’s some fascinating research out there speaking to why many African nations reject assertions of such things like autism to indeed be present. To be fair, many African nations aren’t exactly progressive in social issues, much less science. I did some work on that continent in a past life and have seen it on display first hand.

Autism’s causes aren’t always concrete, and in fact, speculative in many regards (though there is some strong evidence for some cases). I’m not saying autism comes from a pregnant woman smoking cannabis. Only wanted to say, just because you haven’t heard of something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist :v:t2:

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Oldjoints 1 in 68 or 1.47% in Jamaica so I stand corrected. I thought autism was more associated with this country in particular due to shity food. Here In U.S its 23/1000 so 2.3%. Not much different really, but we could say weed smoking does not seem to increase cases of autism, based on this evidence anyway.

1 Like

True enough.

2 Likes