Would these qualify for a seed run?

What do you all think?

18 Likes

It’s fine for a seed run, but it wouldn’t fit the description of a Preservation Co-Op run. Those would generally be strains that were of high importance to growers and not for sale anywhere, anymore.

13 Likes

Thanks @GMan. I’m just wondering if I did run these and did a good job if they would be spring box worthy…

9 Likes

If you get a good bunch of seeds, I can guarantee you that you’ll have people interested.

I think we’re deciding to keep the Co-Op runs close to the original intention and rules and any other seed runs would be handled by the grower or anyone else who wants to help. That way our one person doing the Co-Op runs won’t be over worked and run away screaming, ha.

That sounds like an interesting cross! Good luck on the grow and make sure to post a journal if you have time. People will flock to it, lol.

15 Likes

Sweet! Thanks @GMan.

4 Likes

You could do like I did with my bdxck fems and send them to a distributor stating they could send them out as “extras” and “untested” along with the boxes. Everybody loves free seeds so…

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. It’s a pretty cool combo of genetics plus terp fi3nd makes some pretty good stuff. I’m not sure if he’s making this strain anymore…

5 Likes

I would agree with @GMan on this. That guy is still breeding and selling on IG, not sure if he is still selling this particular cross though. Can’t say this qualifies as a rare or discontinued strain man. Pretty confident in saying they would not make the cut for a Co-op box.

6 Likes

I would not just ship them to the distributor as extras if you didn’t get approved to run it for the box to begin with…

I would hope if anyone does, that they at least prepacked all of them into flips or whatever and not just a bag of seeds to the distributor as now they have to spend time and materials packing and labeling them all themselves. You’re literally shipping them work they didn’t ask for and not just “free seeds”.

12 Likes

Yeah. It would just be for fun and to put out something else for people to collect/grow…

3 Likes

Yeah I hear ya. I would definitely pre pack if all went well

2 Likes

I love Dosi in crosses and haven’t heard of a Lemon parent for a Dosi cross before. Could be epic.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking

1 Like

In cases like this a distributor could package for the grower if they agreed but would not be able to use the Co-op supplies. For example I buy the little plastic containers to ship seeds in using the Co-op packing fees. These could not be used for such a purpose. So packing materials and the time involved would have to be arranged outside the Co-op itself.

8 Likes

Yeah I was guilty of this. @Justsmkn maybe ignore my suggestion. :rofl:

1 Like

NOT “Dry Beggin’”, but if you wanted someone to get 'em out to members, I volunteer via Giveaways, FS&FCs, and even Trades. Won’t cost you anything but what it cost to mail 'em to me, but if you can’t do that, I’ll even defray that. I put that offer on the “OG Table” always. SS/BW, enjoy a Festive Holiday Season…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

Out of respect the first thing I would do is check with the breeder to see if they are still selling them.

5 Likes

Id definitely be down for this. Looks cool, funny name too.

3 Likes

If you listen to terp_fi3nds podcasts he encourages reproductions even his own so I think we are good there. @misterbee I won’t forget about you…

3 Likes

Hey if the breeder is ok then that’s cool. A random cross by a guy on IG still would not make it as a Co-op run but nothing stopping the grower from doing a seed run. There are folks such as myself that can help get those seeds out there for them, it would just be from outside the Co-op.

5 Likes