Would you use edibles if marijuana was cheap?

If you’re not getting high off of edibles you’re not doing it right. It’s a bit more work and a bit more complicated but when you get it dialed in…wow.

Simplest way I know. Take 3.5 grams crush it and mix into store made brownie mix. Pour into 9”x9” pan. Bake at 350 (or close) for a half hour. Cut into 9 pieces/doses.

An eighth makes what…6 joints? This is not any more expensive.

All the best.

6 Likes

Lol you sound like everyone else…lol
I can not do it any more right than the commercial stuff out of California and Colorado…lol. I have no issue trying what someone makes and says “obviously they didn’t make it right”. Well, according to me then, none of it is made right then. Just does not do anything for me. And I am sure I am not the only one…lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m following you. Are you saying that the commercially available edibles aren’t doing it for you?

Around here the commercial edibles are $15 for 10mg which is bullshit.

The recipe I gave above is closer to 60mg per dose assuming 15% potency.

But there’s also nothing wrong with taking a little hoot off a pipe once in awhile.

All the best.

5 Likes

I am saying I have tried anything given to me, from commercial stuff to homemade by hords of people. Not once did I get high. And they be running around on top of the world after 1 brownie​:joy::rofl: Me, half dozen later…who’s got the pipe?:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I usually decarb my wax/weed in a custard dish with coconut oil at 240 for 30 - 40 mins. Its always worked. I just dont like the high. Id rather get medicated on demand

2 Likes

One of reason I risk my freedom is to have enough plant material to make edibles for my wife.
We are long past the thinking * if I’m not feeling high, I’m NOT getting anything from it* path of thought.
Sort of like taking vitamin D3, you do not feel a thing, but one day you realize I’ve not had a cold or flu, sore throat, nothing in over 12 years now. Same for my wife.
She had a bout of cancer before we met. Then about a year into us living together, it reared it’s ugly head, and that was when I started to make edibles, oil extractions, and tinctures, for her.
The edibles side effects was she got rid of her night sweats,her restless leg thingy, and her cancer checks ups have so far, been negative, for about 10 years.
Is it due to edibles I have no idea, she thinks so, her doctor thinks maybe so, but we do not really know. Why stop?

6 Likes

I grow to make edibles and I agree most of what you bu is trash so I don’t bu them ever I makemy own and as far as edible vssmoking kindalike apples and oranges 11 hydroxy vs delta 9 isnt a fair fight if you arēlooking for pain reliefor sleep hlp edibles can’t be beat stronger narcotic effect longer duration andif yoū dont think they work on you then you jst havent had any good edibles because they will put you to bed for sure

3 Likes

I’ve got one restless leg person I grow CBD for (magnesium wasn’t helping much).
She is getting some relief with 10mg gummies.

To me edibles are a crap-shoot as there seems to be big differences it uptake from person to person (sometimes from day to day).

Cheers
G

9 Likes

We found little relief for my wife with CBD strains we tried out. It was once I blended them with a stronger THC profile strain, 2/3rd’s CBD to 1/3rd THC. I mix them up in 6 oz dropper bottles. That is roughly about a 1/2 dropper per dose works a treat for my wife.
But it always a search for that one strain!

4 Likes

I live in San Francisco I wouldn’t buy shit out of the weed shops here way over priced shit weed and you have to pay tax on it,cheaper to buy it off the street

Use to be a kid worked at the apartment block I live at grew and sold weed he was giving us ounces of dank for $100 he gave me
My first grow light lol
He lost his job couldn’t keep his shit together,
I only grow enough weed for myself my wife don’t smoke weed,but she bought me a new grow tent and lights lol
She’s a keeper

6 Likes

How do you make gummies,I should have a shit load of shake after my harvest

2 Likes

Check out:
https://overgrow.com/t/not-just-another-tincture-thread/7668
There lots of recipes there.
We like to use regular Lime Jello as the base. The regular does not sweat like the sugar free.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Growing is what got me into edbibles in the first place. Since then I went through a period where I quit smoking for a while, but now do it on occasion. The cost of making them is just not affordable when buying, but growing puts you in a whole another ball park. Much more easier to experiment around when you have bud to spare. I find that edibles have a much a higher medical value as well. Becoming a grower is such a liberating feeling.

3 Likes

What are prices like for a oz of good cannabis in pa brother?

1 Like

Where I’m at (not PA) $200-250 is the norm. Used to be $300 and the quality was better years ago. All that surplus coming in from Michigan.

2 Likes

the gummy recipe i useis easy half cup water half cup infused coconut oil 1 pack ie. 1 oz. plain gelatin and 2 packs whatever jello you like there arē a ton of good easy recipes out there be advised when using gelatin the temp and cook time will affect the “density” I guess of the finished product I also make choc I don’t know bon bon’s I guess and peanut butter fudge and suckers I like the cinnamon flavored and caramel just made some yesterday so good as well as baked goods I only eat my meds so yeah

1 Like

So you can make wicked edibles from Rosin… 1 Z of good weed pressed to rosin makes me a batch of roughly 90 cookies that hit like they are 100mg… ultimately I grow my own but buying weed to press to rosin to make into cookies isn’t that expensive and the cookies are magnitudes better then what you can buy …if you want a recipe just ask

2 Likes

I was getting it off the street for about 300 but now I use cbd hemp and delta 8 thc with refillable carts and a crafty+. It’s soooo much cheaper like that and more medicinal :+1:

1 Like

2400@ unit is what I’m fetching for this

4 Likes

You have a recipe for that? I’d love to try it out.