Would you use edibles if marijuana was cheap?

I definitely am jealous of those able to grow. Marijuana is expensive to me and so to make my stash stretch, I resort to smoking these days. I feel WAY more sickly from the smoking and also paranoid that I’m just being a junkie with this method but still I use only about 1/3 of what I would if I were doing a decarb method. I find the 11-hydroxy high more pleasant itself and I don’t notice the rise in my blood pressure that can trigger panic/shame if I don’t smoke. I definitely get negative side effects from smoking but thc is just too much more bioavailable for me to stop!

Anyone else feel like letting off smoke?

9 Likes

Why can’t you grow?

3 Likes

Have you tried tincture?

8 Likes

I can’t grow because it’s illegal in PA and I can’t afford to move into a better crib for the operation either way yet. I live in a building with 150 apartments, that’s just asking for trouble!

5 Likes

I have tried tincture but didn’t get great results… maybe I’ll try that again with everclear. I used 80 proof gin when I tried it. Thanks for the reminder. If pot was cheap I think my preferred route is through bhang I think it’s called? I drink my coffee with milk and cocoa all day long and I love the taste of milky marijuana. I bet adding alcohol to it would increase absorption, but I used to have a drinking problem and am currently 7 years into not drinking, myself. Thats definitely a possibly delicious idea.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I agree with you 100% and spent years feeling just like this. Edibles (and vaping at low temps) have always helped with my anxiety but I couldn’t afford to go buy an ounce of weed a week to cook with, so I smoked out of a one hitter to save money, even though smoking could sometimes make it worse.
Then my state got medical weed and I started growing my own. Now I have more bud than I know what to do with, hardly ever actually smoke, and can even use the trim that would have gone in the trash to make edibles.

5 Likes

That really sucks, I’m over here getting mad for you because growing your own completely solves your problem.
Full legalization will happen eventually. I hope. I understand not wanting to risk it but have you seen some of the smaller grow tents? I have one in my house and the carbon scrubber gets rid of all the smells. Or are you worried about the landlord coming by and asking what it is?

5 Likes

It’s a socio economic fear I have to be honest… I live in a low income area and so each of those 150 apts in my building are all about 150-200 square feet each and so I fear not having enough privacy from all different sources. The area I live would put me at physical danger if people knew I was growing it’s totally lame. The rent is cheap though since it’s section 8 subsidized, but so are the local wages and job availabilities for me to afford something private.

5 Likes

Oh okay yeah you’re probably making the right decision then. Just really sucks, I could totally relate to what you were saying about edibles

3 Likes

Yea for sure man it’s totally way more organic feeling like the culture portrays itself to be than I feel if I’m a smoker. Making marijuana illegal was illegal itself and its a crime I can’t afford to use it healthily!

1 Like

and even in the states where it’s legal, weed and especially edibles are so overpriced at the dispensaries that I guess only rich people are allowed to use it every day. Around where I live they charge $20 minimum per edible and if you have a high tolerance forget about it.
My grandma started using it for arthritis this year and is starting her first plants outdoors this summer because she lives on social security and can’t afford to buy it.

5 Likes

Do you perhaps know any growers with extra larf or trim you could make a decarbed product from instead of making it from saleable herb?

A 2x2 tent in an apartment is very doable. There’s always a way around a weed problem. No need for apartment maintenance to ever be in your bedroom closet.

Plenty of darknet markets if you just need cheaper product. Kind of a hassle but far cheaper than local small-time dealers.

5 Likes

Honestly I just keep to myself anymore… it’s a town known for heroin use and everybody is a bum. You can hear through the walls all day here so I just don’t want to chance growing even if I can guarantee there’s no smell. Maybe the weeds making me paranoid lol. I want to grow more than weed someday, like actual food and herbs and stuff, so I guess I just gotta focus on getting a small house with a back yard and just smoke out of a one hitter until then. It’s not the end of the world!

1 Like

I’m sorry that a lifetime of programming would have you use the word junkie when referring to marijuana

Sounds like you need to find a low cost vape solution would help with both your lungs feeling better while still not using more than your smoking now

If I was in this situation I would try to find a grower or go to a nearby legal state if able and buy trim it’s cheap and it’s great for edibles it’s also what half the prerolls are anymore as well

2 Likes

To be completely honest these are the places where you have the least to worry I know it doesn’t seem like it because they have extra restrictions but in my long history of being poor I’ve noticed poor people are less likely to judge, notice and most definitely less likely to call the cops or get in your business bet 1 in 3 has weed in there house everyday

3 Likes

I need to relocate for so many reasons it’s not funny. Section 8 has me by the balls atm… its not easy to turn my back on guaranteed housing when I had been off and on homeless for a number of years. Even if growing was legal in PA, the feds could still put me out on the streets!

2 Likes

I understand that I also understand they probably have the right to enter and search with suspicion…if your older than 35 try to find someone in your building under 30 that smokes or sells a lot of the time older guys who aren’t plugged in with multiple people pay higher prices because they volunteer that they don’t have many sources or how much they usually pay it’s a vicious cycle that’s been happening the 20 something years I’ve had cannabis in my life

1 Like

Can I ask what they charge for weed there in PA ?

1 Like

I been feeling lucky getting an oz of beasties at 280 myself

1 Like

That’s a hard one to swallow I wasn’t sure if pa was part of the super expensive part of the east or not cause at 280 that’s 10 a gram …I would use one of the services that deliver in the mail worse case scenario it costs just as much but for probably better stuff and they have edibles…but more importantly I would build a cheap hide able mini grow…do you have any woods or abandoned overgrown lots anywhere? I think autos outdoor guerilla would work I got some going in an abandoned lot in the hood right now

Could build a mini grow in a dresser drawer with a clip on light fixture and a led light bulb…10 dollar grow setup …I know it won’t produce enough but it gets you comfortable and practice

Last piece of advice I’ll push on you lol I promise

If you get SSI or disability you really need to move to the Midwest or south where life is cheaper :grin: can still have a pretty good life in Missouri with out much $

2 Likes