X18 Outcrosses (Test Thread)

Glad you said something. Need to get on it. Send a PM.

1 Like

Well I figured since he did respond to my post question,But made no comment to me about me saying I was willing to grow his X18 x Starfighter… It’s all good, I was just being sarcastic, I have other seeds I want to pop anyway’s, though the X18 x Starfighter sounds like it could be some :fire:

1 Like

It’s a holiday weekend, so I’ve been away. Sarcasm aside, I don’t mind you running these; the more that get tested, the better. As long as you can pop as soon as you get them; @Kalgrae is the only one who’s told me that he’s pretty much ready to go as soon as he receives :thumbsup:

-buryseeds

I guess I should have been more clear than I was…:vulcan:

My small grow space is not in use right now and it is around 7ft w by 2ft by 5ft tall so I can run about 5-6 plants I run A DIY LED setup at around 550w but I just ordered some more Cree COBS about 5 minutes before you posted as I could not pass them up they were the older Cree CXA 100w cobs but they were only $1.80 a piece so I could not pass them up.

3 Likes

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing these tested :smile:

2 Likes

Here’s a full list of what’s coming down the line:

X18 (Tom Hill) x:

X18 (Tom Hill)
Whitey (THC Development)
88G13HP (Hazeman)
LA Pure Kush (Hazeman)
C99 (Brothers Grimm)
Nigerian Haze (Karma)
Stardawg IX (Top Dawg)

Lemon Tree (clone)
Blackberry (clone)
Strawberry Fields (clone)
Roxbury Cookies (clone)

Please note that the main base of this project was an OPEN POLLINATION / PRESERVATION of the X18 strain. The X18 pollination involved 9 males and 9 females. I wanted to make sure that all genetic diversity as possible, minus any undesirable traits (like intersex, none of which were seen), were continued on in this next generation. So some phenotypical variation is to be expected. That being said, there’s four main phenos of X18, this is a line that was worked over a few decades by Tom Hill and the Chemist, so even that variation should be within a reasonable scope, is the hope.

I’ll likely work this line further myself and do some 1-to-1 breedings of the most potent females to the most fragrant, vigorous males, to try to push the cannabinoid production of the line even further (I believe some bottlenecking is needed to achieve this, pretty much all modern breeding has been 1-to-1 and look how far that has pushed the envelope with THC and resin production).

Lastly, I think I put too much emphasis on the ASAP portion; if there are people out there willing to give these a try, feel free to reply in thread. I’d love to just have this thread run over the next year and we all watch various test grows of these outcrosses. If someone isn’t able to make a run for another month or two, no worries. It’s more important that I get these to the people and get them tested, than worry about minutiae like time frames. As long as people stick to their word and grow them out; my last batch of testers (Penny Candy), I sent out around 50 packs, all packaged and postage paid by me, and I’ve only seen two people growing them out, one of whom I know the guy personally :frowning: so just trying to avoid a repeat of that situation, I’m sure you guys understand :thumbsup:

Whichever ones people are interested in trying let me know in thread and that way we can start to keep a running list. I may be pulling out some of the Nigerian Haze, Stardawg IX, and 88G13HP beans tonight, my A-girls have a bunch of beans that already look more than ready :fire: :fire: :fire:

-buryseeds

7 Likes

I’m down with the starfighter as I already stated, But I am really interested in your X18 x X18 !

1 Like

I would love to have some, but I can guarantee it will months, if not years before the schedule opens up.

I doubt I am alone brother.

99%

5 Likes

Yeah, it is a pitty that I am now at the same situation as @99PerCent.

But will be making seeds of some very interesting Brazlian beans next year (if they arrive) for our members :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hi @buryseeds, i have been perpetual for roughly 5 years and growing since 2011’, I am able to run some of your beans within next the month , i would like to try your LA kush X and the stardawg 1X or maybe the blackberry. I WILL do a grow log (or two/3) on Overgrow , maybe alongside you guys…?! I have a few plants :seedling: going elsewhere for flowering shortly , so (along with some Mephisto’s auto’s, I’ll be able to grow some out… I’d be using a couple of autocobs and a 315w lec in a 3x3 tent in soil.
Anyway pm me if good bud…
Happy growing
Gaz

4 Likes

No worries, no need to DM. Going to keep the list here of participants.

The LA Pure Kush and Stardawg IX crosses are not ready yet, but soon.

The Blackberry was the last girl put into the room, so she’s going to be really late, maybe even into January.

If you want a kushy cross and are willing to test now, I’d suggest running the Roxbury Cookies x X18, as the RBC is really heavy on the kush from the Cataract Kush mom in that cross.

Current list of confirmed testers:

@Kalgrae
@pookie123
@Gaz29

What I will have ready to package up today (and send out Monday):

Starfighter / X18
Lemon Tree / X18
Roxbury / X18

I went ahead and popped a bunch of the Strawberry Fields / X18 myself, along with my friend who gifted me the Strawberry Fields clone, so I’ll make sure to harvest some more of those seeds this weekend.

What may potentially be ready for harvest this weekend:

C99 / X18
Nigerian Haze / X18
Whitey / X18
I’ll also check the Stardawg IX, that looked close too.

The pure X18 is taking longer to mature beans than I expected, and looks like the yield may not be as much as I would like. Wondering if those girls are just harder to pollinate, but everything else pollinated fine. Those will likely be the last testers I send out, and in limited numbers, because I wanna make sure I have enough stock to run for the next generation.

:v: buryseeds :v:

4 Likes

Hey @buryseeds, i can start ( almost) straight away… the Starfighter cross; how long flowering ( average, if available.)? I like the description of the Roxbury cookies kush , even half a pack of each will enable me to show both strains off at same time…!? It’s your call bud, looking forward to seeing what i and the others can do with your x18 crosses … happy growing
Gaz

1 Like

@Gaz29 I have been thinking about breaking them up into smaller packs so people have more options to test.

1 Like

These should both be 8-9 week strains by my guesstimation.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds about right… are these all f1’s…? Anyway I’ll be happy to test your beans…
Gaz

1 Like

Yep, all new F1 crosses I decided to do while preserving the X18 :thumbsup:

1 Like

i probably won’t be ready until january or maybe even february but i would love to run the pure X18 :pray:

Really depends on how many I can produce. Unfortunately the pure X18 yield doesn’t look like it will be nearly as many as I anticipated.

I’ll be saving at least a few hundred pure X18 to send to a collective in Cali. They have the capacity to do a large seed run / pheno hunt / seed increase. I think that’s likely the best thing to do in the interest of truly preserving this strain :v:

3 Likes

sure, if they plan on doing a seed run and releasing them that would be great. so many people hoard great genetics to try and increase value through manufactured scarcity. i am a indica lover tho so those pure indicas are what interest me most :heart:

3 Likes