X18 Outcrosses (Test Thread)

6 -(Strawberry Fields x X-18)

6 - (Lemon Tree x X-18)

Direct-sow in grow-media is my preferred method of germination. Fingers crossed :pray:

8 Likes

Nice @Scissor-Hanz. Dropping mine in something real similar tomorrow morning. Maybe midnight if I’m still up. Happy New Years!

4 Likes

Hi @Scissor-Hanz and @Kalgrae, I haven’t received my testers yet, but I’m gonna pull a chair and watch :popcorn: you guys’ grow til i receive mine. Nice fat beans… Happy New Year !
Gaz

2 Likes

Dang hopefully soon, bud.
Mail can be crazy this time of year, as you know.
Mine said out for delivery for DAYS before they actually got delivered.

2 Likes

Happy New Year.!
Probably the mail as you say, I’ve no doubt they’ll arrive soon, in the meantime I’ll be watching you guys :popcorn: grow the X18 crosses … happy growing
Gaz
Edit: tried tracking ,and my beans were only processed through usps on Jan 1st, so will be sitting in London for a bit, then onto myself then I can get started too…

2 Likes

Ok guys, It’s time to germinate some @buryseeds Starfighter x X18. Here’s hoping to find some worthy keepers. I’m looking forward to it.

8 Likes

@Gaz29 I don’t knwo what the heck is going on with yours, that thing has gone overseas and back 3 times now and been in transit over a month. Not much I can say bud, except keep watching the tracking and hope it arrives eventually :disappointed:

2 Likes

Got them all in some dirt late last night. Had to move some stuff around before I could plop em in. Thanks again @buryseeds for the opportunity to grow these out.

@Gaz29 sorry to hear the post is so damn slow. Sending Positive thoughts your way!:crossed_fingers:

Edit: Strains are (Roxbury x X18) & (Lemontree x X18)

4 Likes

I’ve got signs-of-life on a couple (SF x X-18) :+1:
Very cold here but, soil-temp is around 78ºF with a heat-mat/thermostat.

Couple still to pop, but viability looks good (after what was probably a VERY COLD :snowflake: trip) :seedling: :+1:
Temp is 77F - 80F, humidity high (under a dome still)
Hope everybody else is also successful. Good-Luck guys :four_leaf_clover:
@buryseeds (SF x X-18) , (LT x X-18)

5 Likes

Your are in a cold dry climate, yes?

What is RH outside of dome?

Slight yellowing is of interest.

Wondering if this is the color of the sprouts emerging, or result of diminished air flow.

2 Likes

Around 30% today.
Very dry here for winter (north-east) @99PerCent… as you probably know :snowman:

Edit: misting the dome about 5 times a day.

1 Like

When do you anticipate weening them off of this treatment?

They don’t look that yellow in reality, (camera flash)
Those ones also literally JUST emerged from the seed/soil.
We’ll be ok @99PerCent :+1:
I’m changing the air frequently, and opening the dome lid slowly.

Edit: You’ll see that the ones which emerged yesterday are forming true leaves and looking nice and green already.

1 Like

I’ll get some wind on them as soon as possible, so they don’t turn to floppy bean-poles. Just giving the last few beans a chance to pop.
Without the dome for insulation, temps are around 69-72F. I don’t get great germination-rates at those temps.

4 Likes

yes, the tiny leaves are yellow for 1 day before the chlorophyll kicks in. I can never figure out what makes some batches of seeds “go to string” and get 10 inches high and others stay short. I think brighter light helps but it seems to be random.

So this is an entirely Massachusetts-bred crop :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes, absolutely. I agree, HID/closer lighting produces the shorter/ stronger seedling.

You Massachusetts guys have an awesome crew. Must be really dedicated guys. Not sure I’d even have the courage to be a grower in 1990’s-2000’s USA.

Haven’t seen @buryseeds check-in for a while, hope all is well with him.

2 Likes

He’s been checkin in. :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

it was a little more scary than Canada but not much, this was one of the safest places for weed in the US before legalization. Of course being black or latino anywhere in the US puts you at much higher risk, but Mass. was pretty lenient on small-time growing.

2 Likes

Ok so far 9 out of 12 have sprouted. Hopefully the last 3 will sprout also. Well 9 go into some peat pellets.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes