Yard '22 - Itching for it

Thanks to
@Spaceman for the Zamaldelica
@BareFrog for the Heri
@Zephyr for the Lebanese IBL
@Sebring for the Waterstone
@ReikoX (?) for the LowRider
The Blue Microverse x Wizards Apprentice Autos are from NightOwl.

23 Likes

That will make an great looking yard for '22

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Nice OG lineup. Moons fulling up, good week for popping:)

2 Likes

So, perhaps you wonder, why grow autos if I’m doing light dep?

Auto Heri? Auto Zamal?

Stranger things have happened.

7 Likes

Good stuff, looking forward to this!

2 Likes

awesome!
I’m really excited to see you growing the Lebanese.

The lebanese is very quick flowering. They finish by the first week of October. And they start preflowering pretty early (by the beginning of august I think), well before the photoperiod reaches 12/12.

You may find the lebanese is actually quicker flowering than the lowrider. Personally, I’d recommend using lebanese males instead of lowriders to cross with your heri and zamal. That will dramatically speed up flowering without adding hemp characteristics. And it won’t require 2 or more generations of additional breeding to stabilize that trait.

This line works great for reducing the flowering time on long flowering sativas. I crossed a chinese sativa to a lebanese female to make a quicker flowering hybrid.

The lebanese also does great in our rainy outdoor seasons. It is very bud rot resistant, and can tolerate all kinds of extreme weather like the recent summer heat waves, hail, and early frosts.

Although they are ready to harvest by the first week in october, they can continue to mature for a month or so longer. For the most part growth stops, but they remain perfectly healthy, turning red or purple and developing more cbd content over time.

In Lebanon this unique characteristic is used to produce the different lebanese blond and lebanese red hash. The lebanese blond is dry sift made from the first harvest, and the lebanese red is made from the later harvest.

8 Likes

Thank you for the info @Zephyr.

I’m planning to light dep the Lebs (and the Zamaldelica and Herijuana.) I may cross them together but the intention is primarily to explore the auto mechanism.

Thus far none of the Lowriders have popped.

I’m not expecting too much. Russet mites have trashed much of my last two grows. I’m hoping that diligent, bee-friendly IPM will mitigate. Not sure I have it in me to blast my yard with Avid.

4 Likes

How is your grow shaping up?
I’m getting a late start on my outdoor season this year. Just starting to make plans.

1 Like

Fortunatly, I have not moved anyone outside. This is where I’m at currently. They’ll get enough light on the windowsill until the weather stabilizes.

The Zamaldelica are robust. The heri are keeping up. I will probably get a joint each from the autos.

Only one Leb left and it’s not happy.

4 Likes

The Low Riders never popped.

2 Likes

That is a bummer :disappointed_relieved:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Blue Microverse/Wizards Apprentice showing preflower hair. 8 weeks.

Nothing yet on the Waterstone.

3 Likes

I hit the BM/WA (auto) with year old Heri pollen. The hair browned and pulled in. Woot! If it’s viable I’ll maybe get a half dozen seeds or maybe now that she thinks there’s dudes around she’ll bust out.

2 Likes

Update:
Got two Zamaldelicas and a Herijuana in the ground out back. The slugs seem to prefer the Zamal.

Got a (NightOwl) Blue Microverse x Wizards Apprentice auto on a windowsill that I have been dusting every week with VERY OLD Heri polin. Looks like I will get a few seeds. I will be selecting for the super easy to spot auto trait and I am hopeful that there will be sex matched pairs.

2 Likes

One Zamaldelica made it to bloom. I got a bit of Heri pollen too.

The Zamal is healthy and tall. She’s pushing 6’. I think the stretch is done. Neem last week and citrus next week. Hope that keeps the russet mites at bay.

I’m barely smoking anything these days.

5 Likes

Zamaldelica drying.

7 Likes

A herijuana male dropped his load while this girl was still vegging. Some of the preflowers got hit. So far I’ve “trimmed” about a third of the plant and found three seeds.

Heri and Zamaldelica have quite a bit in common. Long node spreads, mold resistance (had to stay on top of it but only lost maybe 5 buds out of ~5oz), unique terpines, strong (interesting) high. I will probably put these in dirt next summer.

If it’s worth anything as a line I’ll call it Herald… Or Delijuana

3 Likes

Zamaldelica. That’s a wrap!

5 Likes