Yekke Labs in Thailand 2024

Hello all, and welcome to my grow journal!

Here I will document my first grow of 2024, hope you will enjoy

Background:
Life brought me and my family to Thailand, and I started a legal cannabis grow, which was a big dream of mine for a long time.
Cannabis is a long time passion of mine, I’ve been cultivation Cannabis for 16 years now and have been researching many aspects of growing, from genetics to fertilizers to lights.
I’ve been breeding my own line of genetics, Golden Diesel, for over a decade now. It is an inbreed I created from a pack of Reservoir Seeds - Chemdog D x Sour Diesel IBL. I am currently at the F4 stage, and have seeds from various different mother plants of the F3, pollinated with 3-4 different males at the same time. This is to save diversity to I have options to choose from. This also creates a lot of inferior plants in a pack.

For this grow, I put up a grow room with the following specifications:

1. My own Living Soil mix - Base of 80% Coco coir and 20% Worm castings - Lime mix of Oyster Shell flour, Gypsum, Azomite and a little Algea extract - Feed mix of Fish, Shrimp and Crab meal - Flowering boosters of Palm ash, Algea extract and Bat guano. This soil is used in 30 and 70 liter pots
  2. Automated irrigation - the plants get most of their water from recycled water (AC and dehumidifier water) through 2 or 4 L/h drippers, most plants got 2 drippers.
  3. Air cooled 600W HPS lights - 9 of them over 3 grow trays
  4. Genetics currently running -
    Yekke Seeds - Golden Diesel F4 - 3^
    Yekke Seeds - SSGDH (Golden Diesel F3 x Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze)
    Vision Seeds - Supreme Lemon
    Serious Seeds - Serious Happiness
    Tod McCormick - Skunk
    Real Canna - The Doh (Comeback Kush)
    Karma Genetics - Mango Lassi
    G13 Labs - Pineapple Express

If you have any input \ suggestions, please don’t hold back.
Cheers for @GCBudz for bringing me to this forum, I remember the few days I had on the old Overgrow before it closed and this is kind of nostalgic

-Fonzee

32 Likes

Thanks for sharing! A legal operation in Thailand sure sounds like a dream for many so congratulations on making it happen :grinning:

Do I understand it correctly that you are using a grow room and not a greenhouse for example? What made you decide on this, I can imagine you have your reasons.

Any pictures of the setup you would be willing to share?

Peace :v:

4 Likes

What is the current situation in Thailand?
I read a while back they were thinking about closing the recreational market?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

This is the current state of things in the flowering room

And this is the veg room

21 Likes

@Rastafarhigh
I am growing indoor because I do not wish to produce mass amounts of bud, but rather go for high quality.

@Gpaw It is legal, and it is hard for me to imagine how they could possibly go back. Everyone grows, every street got a coffeeshop or 3

10 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is pure Thai weed still easily found? Or is it mostly Dutch and American stuff all over?

3 Likes

@SF0 Seek and you shall find. Thai landraces are still available, but most growers use KD genetics AFAIK, which are thai x dutch / american crosses. Brick weed is very available.
Every type of weed is very available, growers came to thailand from around the world, and you can legally send bud by mail

10 Likes

Yo @Fonzee !

Nice to see you here!

I too have a legal indoor farm, I am located in BKK.
Where are you located?

Looks like you have some nice gear going…
I hold a bunch of modern poly mothers along with a bunch of other genetics.

You can check out my thread here:
Da Sunshine show! Ongoing grow log from a 10 light medical grow in BKK

Let me know if ya want to link up and smoke one down!

Cheers bro!

12 Likes

:wave:

Good to see ya here and back at it. I still hold a few Golden Diesel x Flav ya sent me years back…

How long ya been in Thailand now? It was Germany before that iirc.

5 Likes

Just wondering if all you Thai guys would be into sourcing some local stuff and sending seeds to OGers for a PayPal donation of whatever. I understand the sales inside of Thailand prefer higher THC varieties, but outside of Thailand, there’s a lot of growers who want that untouched exotica.

7 Likes

Overgrow the cab :fire::boom::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’m a fairly new, small home grower but isn’t using water from the ac and dehumidifier to feed your plants a no-no?

@Drsunshinestrains
Looks good, ill look deeper later.
Thanks for the invite, I am 7 hours drive from BKK, but I get there sometimes. Ill msg you when i do

@GCBudz im in thailand for almost half a year now. Ive been in Germany, moved to Israel, spent some prison time, moved to Bulgaria, back to Israel (prison record fucked my visa), now Thailand.
Lots of moving ,keeping in shape

GD x Flav is a tall cultivar, expect 12 weeks flowering and round buds rather than long colas.
High is very active

@SF0 there are quite a few people that are into landrace preservation. I have some on Instagram.
Try prempavee.ganja , she got many contacts

@JerBear AC and dehumidifer water are considered pure H2O. They are great for plants if you add the calcium they lack.
I do not use tap water that comes from the goverment because it tastes real bad and I dont want my plants to have this taste. I top my reservoir with rain water, and run mainly on recycled water.
My soil is mixed with oyster shell flour, crab meal, gypsum and azomite to make up for the use of soft water

10 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m well aware of IG… Crazy Steve Dando in Cambodia has been a good contact for a long minute… I think it’d be infinitely better if we had more OG distributors though… Kidete is a member of significant note, who’s sourcing and bringing African seeds/genetics to the community, and I think it’s wonderful… I’ll check into prempavee.ganja and see what she’s doing. Thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

The guy who taught me what I know about cannabis moved to Thailand last year for the same reason! Man what a crazy time, I hope you can find your success out there!!

2 Likes

@SF0 while I appreciate the work, I am not much into doing it myself and not really following. I bet getting seeds from landrace conservationists on IG is easier than ever before

@Sodapop thank! Thai laws and people are the most relaxed from any country ive been to.

5 Likes

Great to have you aboard my friend

Awesome looking plants

5 Likes

Popping seeds for the next selection

40x Golden Diesel F4-3^
13x Lucky Dog - Zephyr
3x UFO Genetics - Platinum x Headbanger x SDbx4 x GFDF2

12 Likes

20240822_061131 20240822_061357 20240822_061429 20240822_062049 20240822_062156 20240822_062420 20240822_062733 20240822_063112 20240822_063230 20240822_063419 20240822_063609 20240822_063822

11 Likes

14 Likes