You Know What Really Grinds My Gears

Gas-powered leaf blowers. Why oh why do people / lawn care companies use gas-powered leaf blowers? Especially during the spring/summer months?!

I constantly see people using them to blow their sidewalks and driveways. FFS! Just leave the clippings be! They’ll eventually be blown away by the wind and decompose in the lawn.

18 Likes

Oh you’re gonna make a perfect Homeowners Association president one day.

19 Likes

Speaking of that, not only aew they annoying, they are bad for the environment.

“A 2011 study by Edmunds found that a two-stroke gasoline-powered leaf blower spewed out more pollution than a 6,200-pound Ford F-150 SVT Raptor pickup truck.” NYTimes

8 Likes

Ha!

I don’t think I’d ever want to live anywhere with an HOA. Why add another layer of bureaucracy onto owning a home?

7 Likes

Amen to that, brother.

3 Likes

I worked as a landscaper for about 5 minutes and the only thing worse than having to listen to them sporadically is listening to them all day

It’s all about the illusion of mastery over nature. Note, it is autumn, behold, there are no leaves on my yard, for I am the master of my own destiny and controller of worlds.

But I agree.

13 Likes

My neighbour goes full ghost buster backpack multiple times a week on top of mowing their grass just as frequently, which is now moss because they never let the grass grow. Everybody has something I guess lmao

8 Likes

Nothin really grinds my gears anymore, the cogs are all gone :joy:

Ok except that, and people who wear shoes without socks :nauseated_face::joy:

16 Likes

My least favorite move is people who drive around blind turns in the wrong lane. Boils my blood. Wanna choke slam them and throw their keys off a cliff. Have some freakin respect for other peoples lives🤬

6 Likes

…how does one …choke slam

3 Likes

f55d5f4f18af755ff468f3d1faa14e4a_w200

14 Likes

Mine is a black & decker weed eater & leaf blower and battery operated…

2 Likes

Yeah I got an electric weed-eater. I worked landscaping for years, no telling how much pollution I put up. I don’t leaf blow any more, but then I don’t live in a place where I get told what to do with my yard.

1 Like

Great remove yourself (the offending carbon) first and save the whales. Talk about MY leaf blower instead of the mega corps polluting the planet. It’s my fault right? Al Gore would like you. TV news much?

3 Likes

This thread is envirocommunistbullshit bait and political needs to be axed out of here. Sock puppet with an agenda Op. Juan Star thread.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Well we’ll ignore that for now, cuz nothing really political about a leaf blower lol

13 Likes

I have a plug-in electric leaf blower and 100’ 12 gauge extension cord, but those battery ones look fire
ezgif.com-gif-maker

12 Likes

Every HOA on the planet is just a single election of the board away from complete dictatorship. Nothing sucks more than private government.

2 Likes

It’s quicker and more effective than raking :joy: But not starting at 7am on a Saturday morning when I usually hear it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sweat_smile::raised_hands: Its fire season so those dead leaves need to go!

4 Likes