You Know What Really Grinds My Gears

I concur: Wearing shoes without socks is unacceptable!
For some reason, when I see people walking around in public with those cheap cast-rubber shower clogs – that really grinds my gears too

5 Likes

I still just use a rake, lol.

7 Likes

I got a neighbor that blows his deck off everyday he’s home, through all 4 seasons. It’s a weird ritual, but just shows at how people are broken. Most don’t even know it. They will literally repeat something endlessly for the simple fact it appeals to their emotions, not logic.

2 Likes

How do you feel about folks who wear socks in open toed shoes? Just Europeans did it, but as of the last decade I’ve seen it emerge here in the states. It’s quite baffling, I’d say.

2 Likes

Like deep throating but totally different.

and as far as “I concur: Wearing shoes without socks is unacceptable!” is much better than wearing sandals with socks. (I will note I have an uncle guilty of both and I give him shit all the time about how he is confused. He tells me to go play with myself, just not politely.

2 Likes

Y’all would love me as a neighbor…

4 Likes

We stopped “dealing” with leaves years ago and just “dealt” with leaving them alone. They do blow to the hedgerow, and there they lay quite still. The grass persists in spite of their decay.

5 Likes

No that is not sufficient for the realities of nature are still present on my lawn.

I agree it’s quite silly.

2 Likes

Because no one wants to pay a lawn service who leaves their sidewalks covered in grass clippings.

Grass grows primarily in the spring/summer months.

This has been another installment of logic :laughing:

6 Likes

Worry about what YOU are doing and not what everyone else is doing. Glad your not my neighbor ewww.

5 Likes

Socks are a must, they soak up sweat and keep stuff of your feet. I would rather see socks on someone wearing sandals than bare feet in shoes.

2 Likes

So, I get ewwed and become a potentially bad neighbor. Wow. That moved fast. Can we at least hold hands first?

2 Likes

damn…get over it-- or move on… no one forced you to read it dude!
This isn’t the place for political ranting…

1 Like

I have a cordless Milwaukee leaf blower.
I rarely use it, but I last used it to blow off the excess water off of a plant I bud washed.
Works great for that. :laughing:

8 Likes

If clippings are that bothersome just take a push broom to the sidewalk, 5 minutes of sweeping is actually easier than lugging an engine and gas tank

1 Like

To the block list goes the racist

3 Likes

You think 5 minutes of sweeping is easier than 20 seconds of blowing? :thinking: Tacking an extra 5 minutes per house on to a landscaper’s schedule adds up too.

Electric is the future and landscapers will gladly adopt it when it’s as capable and reliable as gas powered stuff though so the day is coming.

3 Likes

Wow, lots of activity here.

My village offers rake to street for leaves in the fall. All the leaves are then collected and composted. I used to do that, but now I just run over them with my electric mulching mower. So much simpler and it feeds my grass.

As for lawn clippings on the sidewalk? Amazingly, if you leave them overnight, nature finds a way to make them disappear. It’s almost like mother nature has her own leaf blower.

5 Likes

What grinds my gears is people sweeping their clippings and leaves into the street…
it is a hazard to motorcycles and bikes and when it blows or rains, clogs the sewers so the road floods…
The ONLY time they are supposed to do that is IF the city is having the Vacuum Truck come by to collect leaves- 3x a year…

5 Likes

As a motorcyclist I can confirm this.

4 Likes