You Know What Really Grinds My Gears

I once saw a guy in a sombreo throwing handfuls of white stuff into the bike lanes under a train overpass bridge where the bike lane shared street level and the sidewalk was raised. He was swearing about hating cyclists and was odd but amusing.

Well on my way back ever cyclist had to dismount because the bike lane was covered in pigeons and slick with their fress droppings so you couldn’t pass or if you tried you would most likely slip due to the feces!

Moral of the story: do shit in a sombrero if you don’t want anyone to remember anything BUT the sombrero. :+1:

10 Likes

I wear Asics Gel Cumulus in the summer without socks. They are completely aerated. I wear socks in the winter or if I’m going to an appointment in the summer.

and no my size is not a 7 lol I also don’t have stinky sweaty feet

3 Likes

As for clippings on the road… they’re great to help hide the caltrops :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I don’t wear socks much in the summer. Mocs, slippers, Keen work shoe, Beans guide boot or Florsheim… no sock, no problem.
I would not ever wear crocs though. :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s hard to feel bad for the average cyclist considering the entitled shit they pull regularly (and give all cyclists a bad image).

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m off to buy a sombrero…

9 Likes

Agreed. I waver between empathy and disdain. I cycled to work for many years and did not follow the rules of the road like I was supposed to. Ironically, it was when I was following the rules that I got hit by a car (twice). Once the lady opened her door into me and the other a lady did not stop at a blinking red light while I was crossing.

1 Like

Depends entirely on where you live…

1 Like

As a cyclist and motorcyclist I’ve done some seriously illegal driving shit.

But you’re right. It’s hard to be taken seriously as a group when you complain about road safety but don’t follow the rules of the road.

4 Likes

i am one of those folks who sometimes wear socks in open toed shoes. i don’t do it intentionally, usually when i have to get something real quick from somewhere and just slip in my slippers and drive ahead. i dont care if i have socks on or so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I do this when I’m doing condo stuff like getting a package or throwing out the trash.

But I also don’t care if my tshirt is backwards and inside out either. You’re lucky I’m wearing pants.

7 Likes

my kind of guy lol but i have to admit that there have been times when i realised what i was wearing only when i was around people and i was a bit embarrassed myself. well, it’s a good thing that most people here know me haha

3 Likes

On the sombrero or the cyclists?

See to me this is a double offense because as a man I would never consider wearing open toed shoes.

Actually now that I think about it that hodge podge of horrible might actually balance itself out since the sock technically makes the whole package an unopen toe. We are through the looking glass here people.

4 Likes

E-BIKES!!!

They move SUPER FAST WHILE BEING SILENT and don’t need licensing so the amount of ass-hattery is grande!

Only ones I appreciate are the ones that KNOW they run fast and quiet so they BLAST MUSIC to make sure you know they are coming on the legal side of the road. :+1:

4 Likes

@Slick1

:rofl:

4 Likes

Just when I thought it couldn’t get worse. I’m having some kind of feelings looking at those :grimacing:

3 Likes

for real? you have not a pair of something like this for the summer or when you’re at home chilling in the evening and you have to get something from outside?

1 Like

My feelings: Those are super easy to slip off and throw at someone HARD. :thinking:

@mndlss : bare feet over open toes at all times :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve seen one too many e-bike get smoked turning left at an intersection.

We call them a “got a DUI-cycle.”

4 Likes

even in the winter or in grocery stores?