Your Strain of the Future Predictions

I keep an eye on a lot. I see good and bad.

Future-future? For the general population I think the big hit is autoflowers. Easy for anyone to grow, just get a pot and a seed and put it on your balcony for 3 months. People are gonna love having a little homegrown to supplement their consumption. As far as weed from a commercial point I think single-flavor strains are gonna be the thing. You’re gonna be able to pick a flavor, and maybe even pick whether you want that in a thc or cbd form.

4 Likes

Auto flowers are in high demand because home growing is at an all time high.
Auto give noobs the opportunity to produce smokable cannabis with minimum effort.
There are new exotic, high potency autos being released daily.
Those who refuse to accept the autoflower position in the cannabis world will be left behind.
Anyone who believes “autos aren’t quite there yet”, haven’t smoked any of the newer autos.

1 Like

Great, as if I don’t get enough emails already, now I’m going to get 15 a day from my spinach?? I’ll water you when I’m damn ready lol

@Blu-Tri can you recommend any good new auto breeders? I tried some mephisto plants and was really impressed, but they’re basically impossible to get easily here in Canada. I know fastbuds are considered top shelf too, is anyone else competitive with them on quality?

I think the trend as we settle into legalization/normalization of weed will go towards lower THC strains that are interesting flavorwise or in other ways. The average person doesn’t want to trip balls when they take one puff of weed on a Saturday lol

3 Likes

There’s an old jazz song I like that says “this years fancy is passing fancy.”

Gimme a master kush or something old fashioned.

6 Likes

Lol. Fantasy… first, there are some huge autos a available. I don’t know if they will make commercial standards, but they will definitely do it by personal standpoint.
All I can say is to keep living in the stone ages. You may want to venture beyond that cave and see what’s out there
New autos bud quality and terps are ridiculous. Theirotency is on par with most photo strains
Most photo grower tend to forget that the auto growers are familiar with both types of bud. And why are choosing to grow auto…
Photo grower are usually trying to meet their quotas because they are growing bud for someone else.
Auto growers are producing some of the best “personal” smoke and no longer have to settle for quick buck $$ commercially grown bud. You know, the same bud that photo growers are complaining about… or saying you need this “cut” or “that cut”.
Auto growers don’t have those complaints.
Here is my personal favorite saying of photo growers. “ I pheno hunted 1000 plants to get this cut. If that was an auto strain, it would be worthless.
Do you, but just know there is plenty of great auto strains available.

p

4 Likes

not sure why you are so hostile to photos but I wish you the best of luck.

4 Likes

Locked in my Basement, I’m experimenting with getting a strain to “grow itself”, self-trim, self-cure, and if I can figure it out, smoke itself, email/txt me to let me know how it is. Thinking of calling it “Lazy Ass”, but I hear that enough around here from my Wife!!! Ok, I’ll put the Crystal Ball away…SS/BW,mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Before its prohibition cannabis was grown as an ornamental by some. I’ve seen pictures of the plants. Very squat, multi-cola. Until it’s off the federal schedule I don’t see that coming back. Someday…

2 Likes

I like autos. Is anyone making top quality ones besides mephisto and fastbuds?

Thats really cool, can you find any pics?

I think thats why we should start working on it now in legal states. 30 more years, who knows what it will be like?

1 Like

I’ve tried with no luck. Last time I saw one was on roll it up about 15 years ago.

Mandalorian Genetics specializes in autos

1 Like

Mark on Strainly, doesn’t advertise them, but quite a few in his inventory, including what he calls his “Super Autos”. PM me for his Number, if you’re Stateside, he doesn’t send Internationally. FYI, NEXT month, I will be doing another Giveaway with some of his gear, along with several other noted Member/Breeders. “Price of Admission” will be a Donation of FIVE/5 $'s to OG (c/o @LemonadeJoe). I’ll cover all other costs!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll check them out.

@misterbee I’ve seen Marks autos and they definitely look BIG. I’m hoping to find some AAA super potent autos like mephisto. The ones I grew were among the best weed I’ve grown in years, I’m surprised there aren’t more breeders putting out similar quality stuff.

2 Likes

I like photos too bro so definitely no hostility.
A lot of people talk negative about autos when they haven’t even tried them. Or it’s been over 5 years since they have tried one.
The rapid evolution of auto strains in the main difference that separates them from photos.
There are breeders like Heisenberg, and 20 twenty medincino hanging out on afn, the autoflower network.
Maybe they see something in that crystal ball that boy ^ up there is using.???
What’s lazy is waiting on a breeder to produce a strain… then bxtching about how much a seed pack costs. And then waiting on someone to gift that strain to you. I’m gonna smoke one to that!
Here is some of that magic auto bud that doesn’t exist.

5 Likes