Zephyr grows and creates

Interestingly, it looked like the durban pie in veg with dark green 5 and 7 blade fan leaves and a symmetrical structure. But in flower, it looks just like the thai phenos of the surf’s up, with thin willowy pale sativa leaves that develop reddish purple stripes as they ripen. Here are examples of the pure durban pie and surf’s up. The smell also reflects its parent plants: the surf’s up had a tropical floral sweetness, and the durban pie had a very loud stinking kushy smell.

Surf’s Up (thai x canadian 50 day indica)
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0484-jpg.2166889/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0563-jpg.2166892/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0562-jpg.2166894/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/surfsup-jpg.2166895/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/hash-jpg.2166896/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0568-jpg.1965648/

Durban Pie (cherry pie durban bx)
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0545-jpg.2131128/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0546-jpg.1965646/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/hahshshsh-jpg.2145978/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0644-jpg.2189856/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0645-jpg.1965651/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0679-jpg.2189858/

12 Likes

Great shots! Looking awesome, nice and tasty!
Cheers!
Herb

4 Likes

so fun to see buds with seeds peeking out …way to grow

6 Likes

Very nice work ! And appreciate your fantastic photography ! Am very interested in your Dank Sinatra tangent/crosses ,not sure if you line worked them (?),is there possibly a grow diary ?or log ? other pictures anywhere ? Man ! I love those descriptions ! Yeah !
Peace and love !

3 Likes

Bodhi’s Guava Hashplant – stardawg guava x 88g13hp
2 females were open pollinated by 3 males. Both females were keepers, and will be used for more specific f2 breeding with frozen pollen from two selected males.

photos:
The males are near the end of their lifecycle, the bulk of their flowers have dropped, but they continue to dump pollen everywhere.

female F - reminds me of a ‘platinum chem’ I used to have in the bay area. smells like bitter og kush / 90’s hairspray. This one was somewhat stunted because it was pollinated so early in flowering.

female B- like a fruity smelling chemdawg with high yields. this one had time to preflower before pollination so yields were a lot better than the other female.

lots of beautiful seeds from these plants. interestingly, female F had multiple conjoined triplet seeds that looked like star anise pods.
I will be growing these as my primary medicine for a while. Very effective for pain reduction, very effective for managing spams and cramps, and it definitely helps with recovery from joint dislocations and muscle injuries.
Pheno F hits like an intensely potent narcotic kush, Pheno B is more of a full spectrum indica cannabis experience.

26 Likes

@riverlady thanks river, your shower grow is also looking great.

@Ftlob sorry for the slow reply.
thanks for taking a look man, I’m glad you’re enjoying the journal. The documented phenos here are my favorite f1’s, seeded with f2’s. most of the f2’s have been tested but not worked further.

I’m planning to bring the ‘donut shop,’ ‘golden gate,’ and ‘mountain dew’ phenos to f3 or f4. the goal is to have a few different stable variants that reliably produce similar aromatics.

I will also be continuing to explore the f1’s.
I’m loving these, the initial narcotic pain relief plus the long lasting shroomy psychedelic high makes these pretty unique.

I have a lot of photos, but I’ve found I just can’t keep up with documenting a grow in real time. I mainly post summaries of each grow so people can see what I’m working on and get a feel for the general traits of the line.

I definitely have more documentation of the lebanese line that pollinated the selected dank sinatra in the general lebanese thread.
Starting with this post- Lebanese Sativa Landrace by Real Seed Company - Outdoor

9 Likes

Thank you ! I appreciate your expertise brother ! Really excited about these Dank Sinatras I’m running,they are f2s from what I understand, very nice variation,two beautiful and distinct phenotypes , from one end of the spectrum to the other ! Each have similar smells,I found two that are absolutely mouthwatering ! And can’t wait to try ! I do struggle at times, trying to learn,seem to have been cutting (harvest)way to early,my vision is terrible,and I like to blame that,it’s really inexperience tho, I am sure ! I am getting closer than ever, usually boils down to I need the meds ! and it’s better than anything from any dispo ! And most things that I have ever smoked ! Starting to ramble (sorry) haha , good day brother ! Hope all is well with you !
Peace and love
PS, would hate to clutter your thread, would love to chat via dm,if at all possible,in regards to the Dank Sinatra

3 Likes

no worries about posting here, that’s exactly what the thread is for. feel free to pm me as well if you like.
Are those the f2’s made by nube?
as I understand it that is also the same stock that was available as a freebie from james bean co.

I just grew 5 of those in my outdoor grow this year, heavily seeded with f2 stock of bodhi’s blueberry hahsplant. very nice resin production, but a little leafy compared to my f1. because they are so heavily seeded I’ve been processing the whole harvest into hash, with great results.

19 Likes

Ohh that’s beautiful ! I knew I was on to something,with the preliminaries haha ! And thank you !I would love to have enough to make some hash ! I’m so inspired right now ! And I do believe I am running torontokes DS gear f2s ! And they are beautiful !
I’d be very interested in seeing your new cross with the blueberry HP ! Have you run any yet ?.edit.i do have a comprehension issue,head injury, apologies
I went ,a cut of everything that was in the flower room got a little dust from my single untested DS male, Including two SSDD phenos,they have prolific resin production ! And terpy as hell ! Not sure how many took,i missed the whole room last time I tried ! ,I only found a small handful of males from those seeds,can’t remember how many I’ve started possibly 20-25 ,lost all males ,but one,I am debating on cracking some more in the name of diversity !(?) ,I have 3 seedlings (f3) from my number 4 so we will see how the stack ! And smell ! And I love everything about the high ! Absolutely therapeutic ! Hits all the bells ! And very long-legged !
Appreciate your time brother !
Peace and love !

5 Likes

Those are some good looking flowers very nice. I have yet to try any stardawg or stardawg hybrids it would be nice to have a narcotic line most of the stuff I have is very sativa as I like to smoke all day but I am really trying to make an effort to even out my seed stash with something narcotic to end the day with.

5 Likes

Man you got all kinds of interesting stuff very cool.

2 Likes

Strayfox’s Care Package
(krush x old mother ghani) x fantasy island [purple urkle x appalachia]

I’m currently starting a pack of strayfox’s care package, which is bodhi’s old mother ghani x krush crossed to a male pheno of bodhi’s fantasy island. It’s an interesting blend of some of bodhi’s earlier work, and one of the few strains I was able to find which specifically mentioned it does well outdoors.

I love purple urkle, and all of bodhi’s appalachia hybrids are pretty awesome. It looks like the old mother ghani x krush was a bodhi tester grown by stray. Here’s a collection of posts I found when I was making notes on the lineage of the Care Package

Bodhi on Old Mother Ghani-

omg is a seedline i got long ago as old afghani from a private collector.

its a beautiful lemon spice classic vintage commercial afghani. leans more to the hindu kush side then the acrid leathery stout plains afghani. has a perfect mind/body mix. i use both a male and a female from the line, the male is so resinous you can make hash from him.

Bodhi on Krush-

krush: 16 week monster afghani sativa with mystic powers…

Strayfox on the Krush x old mother ghani bodhi tester

shes really putting out some funky citrus, backwoods bug spray aromas with hints of warm vanilla and sultry musk to calm the excitement…
lots of leaves and tons of bud sites…small flowers, but shes still got some time to show what shes got…

shes very branchy with small flowers…shes leaning hard on the saty side but the smoke is 50/50…im feelin a mix of the indy effect for sure…

aroma…
im getting very strong sharpie marker aroma with a warm blend of black vanilla evergreen pine scent, that will make ur nose hairs curl in seconds…

medical effect…
the smoke is very smooth…inhale aroma with the same exhale aroma.

2 hits were very chill relaxed with an uppity up beat effect…after a big bowl of cereal, and layin down tryin to close my eyes, I noticed I started feeling very giggly…this is happy weed…

perfect for stressed out days, depressed, ptsd and stomach issues…have not had anyone try it for chemo as of yet…

iMO…i have a feelin that this strain might run a lot better outdoor then in…as for stability …shes very stable…

big thanks to Bodhi for putting these in my garden…this is the first saty ive come to love…as for looks…shes not to pretty…but with the lights off…shes an eye catcher from the green gods…lol

bro…i had the krush cross and made the strongest lemon bubble hash ive ever made…
the aroma is a little strong on the citrus side for me but the medical effect is one of my favorites to date…
i tried to tame my beast indoors but outdoors is where its happening with this cross…

Bodhi on stray’s tester report

awesome…
you braved her indoors like a champ…
looks like she could not figure out if she wanted to be a sat or an indy…
battle of the ghanis, who’s genes will dominate…
highland or lowland…
enjoy!

Stayfox’s description of the Care Package (krush x omg) x fantasy island

This is pure bag appeal at its finest…
Old mother ghani-krush was definitely put here for the outdoor growers by Bodhiseeds…she kicks out big long branches with rich citrus lemon pledge buds that have some crazy terp profiles…. when you add bodhi’s fantasy island stud to the mix, he adds bigger/thicker buds and a red guava berry scent with sweet grape kushy notes…

3 fun phenos to play with.

50% one pheno stacks hard with big long totem pole buds that smell of red guava blueberries.

30% second pheno, stays short, no branching and the whole plant is a big cola of red passion fruit with lemon orchid notes

20% third pheno, leans hard on the krush side with small tighter flowers and big monster fan leaves that kick out super strong lemon citrus. this one needs to be outdoors or in a bigger pot for room to stretch her roots.

The happy effect is a perfect balance for high quality daytime smoke. to much will have you taking a very long nap.
its great for stress, anxiety, migraines, and sleep depravation …

If u wanna control this beast indoors, she’s ready. this is a polyhybrid from the green gods.

19 Likes

That coffee shop pheno sound freaking amazing. Your description makes me what to go hunting for one. Lol

I also lean on heavy indica’s for my back and nerve pain. I much prefer mj over the opioid pain killers they give me.

5 Likes

I’ve run a strain of his called aborigine from several years ago. It’s omg/krush with yeti. Very good yielding strain and nice to grow. Didn’t personally love the smoke, but everything else was great.

5 Likes

This looks amazing, would you see potential in this or pass on it due to instability issues?

2 Likes

very interesting, good info lefthand. Personally I’m not surprised you didn’t like the smoke because I’ve always hated the headband (aka the yeti). It gave me an instant headache and borderline paranoia with very little high.

I’m curious whether that reflects on the OMG x krush as well though. How would you describe the effect of the aborigine?

I had considered selecting a male from this pack, but now I’m planning on doing a pure lebanese open pollination to preserve my lebanese ibl. I’m growing out both selections of my ibl, f1’s and f2’s of my dank sinatra x lebanese hybrid, and the rest of my original 2014 lebanese import stock from real seed company.

I was thinking this care package strain could be an interesting hybrid with the lebanese because it seems to have both broad leaf and narrow leaf afghani in its genetics.

if you’re interested, here’s the old tester thread on the krush x old mother ghani by strayfox. he actually mentions pollinating the plants with the yeti, so these must be the mothers of the cross you grew.
https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/krush-old-mother-ghani-testers.201363072/#post-760612

11 Likes

I definitely think this had potential, I hoped bodhi would continue to use that female for other hybrids. This hybrid had bananas on several phenos, but they never produced seeds, and there were no balls.
I would love to try this female crossed to a modern indica that is easy to grow indoors.

Fortunately bodhi released the ethiopian paintbrush x omg. the paintbrush is a sister plant to the ethiopian banana. his description of it sounded like the #2 pheno of my ethiopian banana, which was an amazing and unique plant. It was a very limitied supernatural selections release, there were only a few packs available from each seed bank and they sold immediately.

8 Likes

Thanks Dank-D, I’m starting a handful of the f2 seeds from that pheno at the moment.
That coffee shop pheno had the closest resemblance to the dank sinatra mother, so I’m hoping for some strong dank sinatra afghani traits in these f2’s. I’ll be sure to post some updates as the plants develop.

6 Likes

I’ve never tried the headband, but I’m on the fence about if I would like it or not. I have some yeti seeds to try sometime. I’m a big fan of sour d, but I really don’t like og kush. I find the og kush high to be very generic and boring. I don’t feel like it evokes concentration, euphoria, creativity, relaxation or even just stoney, happiness. I usually go for those things when I reach for a bottle.

And I kind of felt the same way about Aborigine. It’s a knockout in yield and potency, but just didn’t find anything that stuck out to me when I smoked it. I think with some inbreeding, it might be a great starting point for breeding to more flavorful strains. But like an og for me, looks better than it works. All personal preference, of course. It might be exactly the strain someone else is looking for.

10 Likes

thanks again for the info. based on your description it does sound like the effect was pretty heavily influenced by the yeti. it seems like it’s pretty common for the afghani aspects to get drowned out by the high of a modern hybrid in this type of hybrid.
It will be interesting to sample the care package in the fall and see how this shapes up. I haven’t found any grow report for this pack, but with cannabis you never really know what to expect until you smoke it.

8 Likes