Zephyr grows and creates

Is this the clone that is 1:1 thc/cbd?

5 Likes

Very cool! I love the way those trimmed nugs look. Kinda “outta the ordinary” for sure. Sounds like good weed, too.

I don’t have a pack of any of Bodhi’s work with the Ethiopian Banana, but I do have a pack or two of Doc’s Banana Soap (Ethiopian Banana x A5Thai). If you think those seeds might be useful, lemme know…

8 Likes

Not sure if he’s up for a trade or parting with it but saw gods paintbrush on @Tardis808 seed list might be worth a shot hitting him up :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

This is a pheno I found in bodhi’s f1 ethiopian banana x omg hybrid.

I haven’t seen any testing results for the mother ethiopian banana cut. I would be very interested if anyone has a link to testing results.

I would not be surprised if it had some cbd production, because this strain has profound effects on the body, in terms of the high and medicinal characteristics.

That sounds amazing. Possibly even a little bit scary haha. Some of the heavily sativa leaning ethiopian banana x omg phenos were about as intense as I could imagine. I even found one phenotype that looked like a haze.

I really appreciate that minitiger. I’ll let you know.
still hoping to find someone with a pack of the god’s paintbrush.

Either way, you’ve got something really special there that definitely deserves preservation.

8 Likes

This was from an email exchange with Doc:

i would recommend my ethiopian flame v2, bananastan, banana soap or velvet buzzsaw are a few great strains that have calm and simulating effects… the ethiopian banana is a 1:1 THC to CBD strain. this mama is a great choice for anyone who experiences anxiety effects from cannabis…

8 Likes

Kiona has it as a product with test results available, they confirm 1:1 CBD:THC

"Ethiopian Banana

SATIVA HASHPLANT
Heavenly, Joyful & CBD Rich

This is a special plant acquired in Ethiopia from the Rastafarian community of Shashemane. Legend has it that this ancient landrace seed stock was provided to the Shashemane community by Haile Selassie’s wife as a gift to the community. Unlike Ethiopian Highland, which is more akin to an equatorial sativa, Ethiopian Banana is reminiscent a North African hash plant, like traditional Moroccan, Lebanese and Sinai cultivars. She has a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio and significant total cannabinoids. Rare to have a landrace drug cultivar with no hemp genes in it and still be 1:1. We’ve always thought of her as just a fantastic sativa. In one word, “blissful” and actually very similar in effect to Kerala, the most tropical sativa we’ve ever grown. Taste and terpenes are fruity tootie all the way, like a Caribbean cocktail. And the banana aroma is unmistakable. This lady never disappoints."

I see their flower products from it at 10%/10%

This is also an interesting thread from a cultivator in Maine that was selecting for EB dominant phenos in a hunt this year, their posts are probably worth looking at or reaching out to them about trading genetics maybe, they seem to be heavy into Bodhi and Doc D:

61 votes and 13 comments so far on Reddit

Unfortunately I can’t find lab results on their flower or wax to see what the minor cannabinoids are that they’re referring to

17 Likes

The closest I can find is this (pretty cool!) thread from Dubi with lab results for ACE strains including the African Seeds Highland Ethiopian, but I don’t have an ICMag membership so someone else is gonna have to pull those lab result images:

Post in thread ‘ACE Seeds’ strains - cannabinoid and terpene analysis’ https://www.icmag.com/threads/ace-seeds-strains-cannabinoid-and-terpene-analysis.322657/post-10169645

7 Likes

I wanna grow some exotic sativa’s, hoping a greenhouse to extend the season will make that a reality in 2023!

Love your posts zeph and your generosity is inspirational

4 Likes

Looking back on the grow journal, I realize I never followed up on the sensi maple leaf indica with a smoke report. I guess I forgot to follow up because I wasn’t enthusiastic about it.

After a lot of thought and comparison, I think it was actually a lousy plant.

The growth traits and appearance of the flower was good, but the smoke was subpar. It had a thick greasy yellow smoke that irritated my throat.

It was definitely genetic because the other plants in my grow at that time turned out great, and I have continued to use the pot and soil the maple leaf was grown in with good results ever since.

I thought it could have been some kind of unrefined trait from the afghani genetics, but I’m used to the way many landraces and heirlooms smoke, and this was different.

now I’m inclined to think that the afghani in the line has been watered down, and it has more to do with weird euro breeder genetics.

The high was generic, and its medicinal value just wasn’t good enough for a patient to use long term.

So to anyone I sent these out to,
@Rhino_buddy @HappyTrees23s (maybe @Pawsfodocaws)

I’m not sure what would come out of the seeds, but these may not be worth your time.

@YoBigdaddy I’m not sure how the maple x vietnamese will turn out either, but I think the guava x vietnamese has much better potential.

That’s how it goes with growing though. You don’t know until you smoke it for a while, and really see what that line can give you. Sometimes you need a long cure to really know.

And sometimes you just need to look back and re-evaluate.

17 Likes

Appreciate the report @zephyr . I might still attempt to grow a few to see what I get. I hope there’s some variances away from that throat irritating smoke. Maybe has better use as edibles? :green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

The Lebanese Sinatra is probably the best thing I sent you. It’s excellent for outdoor growing, and a pretty quick finisher.

The one I sent you is a unique f2 with a special ornamental mutation. The f2 I sent you was selected from an unusual mother that had a neon green and red pigment in the leaves and albino buds. The albino trait is somewhat recessive. if you get a full on albino it might get light burn indoors, but in my experience it’s only cosmetic.

The albino trait is just very amusing to me, on the pure lebanese the inside of the buds are neon green to white, but on this pheno of the outcross the albino trait was much more prominent.

And in terms of the maple leaf, I think the guava x maple leaf will probably have more potential. I liked that maple leaf male a lot more than I ended up liking the female.

I realize I still need to send a few more things your way, especially now that I know the maple isn’t up to par for me.

I will follow up in messages when I’m ready to send something out.

9 Likes

You don’t owe me, or need to send me anything else. I appreciate you man! On another note, if you’re just trying to share some fire genetics, I’d happy add to the arsenal.

I had some of the Lebanese Sinatra outside last summer, but I had some rodents come cut 70% of my outdoor plants down. Sadly those 3 fell. I’ll try again. :+1:

4 Likes

The California Cannon (bullshit “Tahoe” x “Stardawg” from Greenpoint) I grew a few years back had that same thing going on. The smoke looked like smog or something in my bong, like just some straight-up noxious shit haha.

It’s interesting to me that you didn’t find the smoke from the Maple Leaf to be medicinal. I don’t necessarily have any medical problems that need to be alleviated or whatever, but one thing I like about smoking weed is that it usually completely eliminates my urge to drink and smoke cigarettes and I consider that to be sorta “medicinal” in its own way. It’s very, very rare that I grow anything that doesn’t make me lose the urge to drink when I smoke it, but that California Cannon was for sure one that didn’t. I’d do like four bong rips of it and then just keep on drinking and drinking…

I wonder if yellow smoke is an indicator of non-medicinal properties. Or whatever haha. Because it wasn’t like that weed wasn’t stony, it got me high, but it for sure didn’t kill the urge to ingest poison all day haha.

8 Likes

I think I know what you mean. I realized that I was definitely relying more on prescription pharmaceuticals to manage my symptoms during the month when I was medicating primarily with the maple leaf.

There’s nothing wrong with the prescriptions I take, but it simply didn’t help with my symptoms enough for me to go without the prescriptions.

The high was dull and generic, but it wasn’t low potency.

I think that yellow smoke definitely is an indicator that it won’t be medicinal. For one thing, it probably means that the smoke has higher amounts of combustion byproducts like benzene in it.

I associate it with shitty large scale production black market weed, so I think it is also an indicator that it was bred for that use, selected for growth traits that a commercial operation would want for bulk production, not for the high or for medicinal properties.

13 Likes

Yeah, except we grew that weed haha. I mean, I grew that California Cannon, I know what I put in my water (not much besides, uh, water haha). I damn sure didn’t put any combustion byproducts like benzene in my soil.

And just an aside, that’s interesting to me. Is benzene a “combustion product”? Like, it makes things burn faster? I only ask because when I switched from Marlboro Lights to Spirit Golds, it was extremely noticeable how much slower the Golds burned. To the point where I was like,”Those fucking Marlboros be putting shit in their tobacco that makes them burn faster! So you smoke more more often!” haha. I felt like I was a crazy conspiracy theorist haha, but it was for sure something I noticed.

Anyway, yeah, I mean, if the yellow-smoke weed was something I was getting from a producer, I might maybe be a little leery, but I grew that CA Cannon myself, so… I dunno. But I won’t ever grow it again haha!

Yeahhhhh, there’s never anything “wrong” with the prescriptions, necessarily (I used to take them for my gawd-awful panic attacks), but they never really work in an ideal manner. It was always like,”Yeah, okay, the panic attack’s gone, but now I can’t get up off the couch,” haha.

Anyway, I know you got a lot of way more serious health things going than I do, but still… It’d be nice if the weed was enough… A lot of times it is. Fuck that Maple Leaf haha!

8 Likes

Benzine is very flammable and gives off gases that can be bad for your body.

I have never heard of it being added to plants.

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure what you wanted so I grabbed them all fot the ACE Ethopian

• List item
12 Likes

Benzene is a byproduct produced by incomplete combustion.
It’s not something that would be added to the soil or anything, or even present in the herbal material.

It’s created by the chemical reaction of burning the plant matter, along with other carcinogens. It’s created and released by the combustion reaction itself.

It’s basically just one of many compounds that makes smoking an unhealthy habit for us humans haha.

I hope that explains it better.

10 Likes

Benzine is some bad shit . I have many friends that worked tankers & had to clean the tanks . Over 20 of them have passed from different cancers . Thank God I worked in the Eng. Dept. . Closest I ever got to it was having to run the pumps when transferring .

8 Likes

For the past 2 years I’ve been growing

Bodhi’s Neirika seed trust China Yunnan Dali Cangshan Mountain landrace sativa collection #6

which must be the longest strain name in history. It’s a very unique long flowering heirloom sativa. These are the strongest and hardiest plants I have ever grown, they have amazing resistance to pests, mildew, and bud rot, and they can handle any weather condition from 115 degrees in the summer to morning frosts in november. They love the rain. I have never spotted a single mite or thrip on one of these plants.

The bud is low in thc with excellent cbd and trace cannabinoid production. I use them to make concentrates. The medicinal qualities are unique, the high is perspective altering and meditative with amazing physical euphoria.

I kept 2 phenos as clones, and I’m going to be growing these as long as I can keep them around.

I take cuts from the outdoor plants when they first start to show preflowers. Then I quarantine them indoors and do several rounds of precautionary neem and spinosad spraying while they are rooting.

Here is what the Cangshan look like when I keep them in veg in my indoor grow over the winter between outdoor seasons.

This will give you an idea of just how insanely vigorous these plants are. These have the strongest and fastest root growth I have ever seen.

The root growth is so aggressive they are shooting healthy white fuzzy roots out of their fabric pots into mid air.

And here is a picture of the canopy

Nice thin sativa leaves. They are able to remain healthy as bonsais in one gallon pots with constant heavy training bending their stalks and branches to keep their height in check. They get mulched once a week with vermicompost and green mulch from lemon balm and other nutrient accumulating herbal plants.

Under fluorescent lights they don’t get light burn or become unstable. Bodhi has said these are not adapted to artificial lights and need to grow under sunlight. But in my observation, they have done very well.

31 Likes