16 Year Old Calizahr Grow

I remember when cobalt and fortran were the new and exciting languages for computers…lol

Remember the Commodore 64 computer? What technology that was.

5 Likes

My only programming experience is writing a few simple programs in Basic :laughing:

I skipped over the Commodore time but my younger brother had one I remember seeing when I visited the family.
The first computer I owned was a Toshiba I bought in late 1996. It was so fancy it even had a 14.4k dial up modem :rofl:
I built my own computer in 1998 with parts I bought at Frys and I have built all of my towers since.

5 Likes

I liked the 64… but the first one I played with was an Imsai 8080.
You had to enter the paper taper reader program with the switches on the front panel. That got old really quick!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

The days of basic. In 1994 I got an Acer. It had the lightning fast 28.8 modem. I was zooming on the internet…lol

4 Likes

All 6 were moved to bubble buckets 2 days ago.
One of the 2 runts I don’t think will make it even though it had developed a good tap root, its stem was a dark purple as soon as it germinated and it never opened up like the others.
The other runt didn’t have as good of a tap root but is putting on new growth up top anyway.
]The other 4 are pretty happy right now and putting on a 3rd set of leaves now. Will be able to start them on some seriously dilute nutrients in a couple more days.

5 Likes

One of the runts is no longer with us :frowning_face: but it was expected.
The other runt is still hanging in there but I think will be culled before flowering unless it starts to put on more normal looking vegetation. All of the young-uns are being fed a 50% strength nute solution right now.
No pics for now but I may put up some of the runt later. I generally refer to it as muty.

4 Likes

So, 4 of the plants are doing nicely and will be moved into the tent as soon as I get it completely cleaned up.

The muty isn’t growing any new leaves yet and its one leaf is looking bad. Oddly enough its roots are going strong.

Never mind the mess, I’ve been doing a lot of modifications to the room during the transition period.

11 Likes

I’m so thrilled to see these popping up!
Do not apologize for your area man. I’ve been doing it in the same place for many years now, some time it’s all spic&span…sometimes I just get into autopilot and do the plant maintenance and slide on environment maintenance, until it just pisses me off, then I do the whole room cleaning.
Best to ya!!

6 Likes

I’m pretty happy too. I do wish the other 2 would have made it as well as the 4. Oh well, now I just need 3 females and 1 male for a nice seed harvest. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Finally done rearranging the room to have a space for veg and flower with a space for the clone tub also.
Moved all of the plants to the flower tent today but will be vegging for a bit longer yet.
The mutant is still barely hanging in but I just can’t cull it yet.

11 Likes

Well, the mutant was removed a few days ago. The other 4 are growing like weeds.
So the tentative count is 1 female, 1 definite male and 2 leaning male but need more time.
The female is in the back left of the pictures. Gonna top them and switch to 12/12 this weekend.

11 Likes

Wow, good to see what can happen when just stored properly. I myself haven’t had that kind of luck. The seeds that I set aside years ago were just in plastic baggies, rolled up, and stuffed into a jar. That jar was in the basement for just over 10 years, so far none of the 6 white widows seeds a friend gave me have cracked. Which is very unfortunate since he gave them to me before he passed.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see these go into flower!

Sea monkey try putting problem seeds in your freezer overnight see if you get better results after they’ve been froze . I’ve had decent luck with older hard to sprout seed using this method not sure what it does but I’ve found it helps.

2 Likes

Does it matter if they’ve already been soaked? It’s been about a week for one set, and another set had 4 crack open and I see a tap root, but they haven’t moved pat that in two days.

Your hooped in that respect never tried that once they were soaked if your to the point of giving up on them by all means give it a try 24 hr freeze warm damp paper towel in a sandwich bag on a warm surface see what happens .Any that are showing a tap root don’t freeze those just the uncracked ones.

10 days in 12/12, males are swelling quite a bit right now. Only female is just starting to get enough hairs to call them budlets. Not sure at the moment if I’m just gonna let all the males pollinate her or pull them all out and pick one to do the deed.

18 Likes

Moved all the males out of the tent last night and have them in another room for pollen collection. The female is all alone in the flower tent now. She’s starting to show some small buds and as soon as I have some pollen I’ll be chucking it all over her. She is already starting to smell like orange peel.

6 Likes

Look like National Geographic snaps…certainly do your plants justice…Nice work!

3 Likes

Thanks @MrToast but these are just crappy shots with my phone.

I have dusted 10 buds with pollen today and will be hitting them again in a few days. At 18 days 12/12 and buds are really accelerating growth now and starting to frost up a little.

7 Likes