16 Year Old Calizahr Grow

Well, 23 days 12/12 now. Have chucked pollen at this female 3 separate times now and won’t likely chuck any more at this plant.
This female is looking very good at this point. I think it likes being the only plant in the tent.

14 Likes

Ive been looking for calizahr for years now. Amazing strain. Where r u located? Ill buy some seeds 100%

3 Likes

32 days 12/12, halfway to harvest :+1:
Got some pics of the pollinated buds and a whole plant pic.

Hoping for a good crop of seeds from those buds.

14 Likes

From the looks of those bud shots, I’d say your hopes have been realized. Great job man.
:guitar:

3 Likes

Thanks @Guitarzan :grin:

I am really getting to like this strain. It has been very easy to tend so far and the smell is fantastic.
It’s got quite a bit of frost on the fan leaves too. Hopefully it will produce a decent little pile of bubble hash.
I still have 7 more of the original seeds that I will try to get a mother out of. I didn’t have space for it this run but I’m working on expanding my space and running a veg/clone/mother space and larger flower space. Projects, projects, projects.

2 Likes

How citrus-y is the scent? I love some Chimera gear!

1 Like

So would you be interested in trading a few of those beans when they’re ready?

2 Likes

So how do you store your seeds? I can’t believe I haven’t asked that yet. None of the old seeds I tried sprouted. I tried putting a batch in the freezer, I’m going to try a few other tricks I’ve since learned about for old seeds.

3 Likes

I store with desiccant in vacuum pack freezer bags in the back of the fridge.
You have to get the moisture content down to the right range in order to store in a freezer.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@man-bot Right now it has a faint kinda over-ripe fruity smell until you rub a leaf a little and then it smells very sour orange. I really wish I had the space to clone her and keep her as a mother, working on the space issue now. Maybe I’ll try to re-veg her and take clones at the end of flowering.

@Guitarzan I will be very interested in trading some of these, depending on how many I end up with and how viable they turn out to be. I’m always interested in expanding my collection and if it’s through trade and not purchase all the better :+1:

@Seamonkey84 I store my seeds in ziplock bags with some rice. I place those in a larger plastic bag and store that in a small metal container in the fridge. I have noticed that they tend to sprout a little slower than “fresher” beans but it’s barely noticeable and with the germ rates I’ve had so far I’m extremely happy and surprised.

6 Likes

My son took this picture the same day I took the last ones I posted. I thought it should be included as he takes much better pics than I do and you can see 2 seeds busting out. Very cool.

10 Likes

Your lad has a good eye for composition. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

44 days into flower and looking good. Picked up a couple seeds from the tent floor but they look small and immature. Will certainly try to germ them in awhile but not expecting much from those 2.
Current pics are some mine and some my sons pics.

Should be 15 to 21 days left, or so.

13 Likes

Most excellent!! I wish Chimera would pop in, as I still think this was one of his best lines way back whenever that was. Your getting it done man!!

3 Likes

Thanks!
It would be cool to hear from Chimera.

1 Like

54 days in flower now and I suspect about another 10 days give or take a few.
Seeded buds had to be tied up.
Smell is getting stronger daily but still not as strong as I would like.

11 Likes

Some close up shots checking trichomes and an interesting shot of the bottom of a leaf.

7 Likes

61 days in flower now. A couple more trichome shots. Suspect I will let this go for a few more days, maybe as long as a week.

7 Likes

Nice pics! I still see lots of clear beads in that, you think just a week?
Maybe it’s just the angle of the ones I’m looking at lol.

1 Like

@Seamonkey84 Thanks, but yes there are lots of clear trichs in that shot. Compare it to the shots from 6 days ago where they were almost all clear and I can’t be too sure as to how fast these will ripen. Should have said I will be re-evaluating in a few days.
Here’s a few more big picture shots to see overall development.

Last three shots are of one of the seeded buds.

18 Likes