1990s unknown cultivar seven weeks old from seed

Are the stems brittle? Notice these spots more toward the top or mostly older leaves? I’d guess potassium deficiency over something viral but I’ve not had many viral problems with plants. She looks healthy otherwise so it’s nothing she cannot shake off hopefully.

The stems are not brittle, no red or purple showing on stems either. It started at the bottom with tiny yellow pin points on the outer fan leaves. The spots expanded uniformly with necrosis at the center that expanded with the spots. The spotting didnt start until after the army worms invaded.

Week eight from seed

9 Likes

Looks like Septoria. That tracks with you saying heat and humidity.

Plenty of fungicides available. I’d run to Lowes or HD and grab some Immunox.

Jorts too? Powerful dad aura.

8 Likes

I dont like to defoliate but I went ahead and cut off the leaves with yellow spots. Then I sprayed it with a neem oil solution.

1 Like

I have a protector, it is in the center shaded gap of the five tops that form sort of a circle

6 Likes

Bug : “Hey guys, the coast is clear. I don’t see anything.”

Frog : “Lunchtime”

4 Likes

Neem oil won’t eliminate Septoria. Septoria starts at the bottom i.e. usually older leaves first…does this describe your situation?

You’re gonna want something stronger.

1 Like

The spots started from the bottom It is septoria. It comes around this part of Missouri every year killing gardens and flowers. We call this part of Missouri Swamp East Missouri. The Neem helps slow down the spread of septoria and fungal infections.

Saturday Pics

8 Likes

Hmm… might be good to grow garlic near your plants.

Proper…
Pimpin it OG Style - Copy.PNG

7 Likes

Saturday Pics

The buds are starting to fill out. The leaf spots are forming again, slower but they are still spreading.

6 Likes

Socks on point!

3 Likes

looking good, what are you doing for the spots?

1 Like

I used some neem oil a couple of times to help slow down the progression and I cut off the worst of the leaves. I wont use a fungicide when buds are forming and I never use a copper based fungicide.

possible over watering issue, wait till the leaves droop then water. I had the same problem I was over watering. Bucket might need more holes down at the seam where the bottom meets the sidewall area water seems to really pool in those 5gals.

those last 2 pics look pretty dang delicious if you ask me!!!

The setup looks really good but I had the exact same problem with the buckets. I had to drill holes like this photo in order for the black mold not to live in this seam. This area is sopping wet usually inside a dark bucket. Air does not get to the edge of the radius. The plants have more air to the roots in nature as well as not as much water. I try now to mimic nature as much as possible. Just my thoughts do what works for you.
4e14457ef18be1b2f26686122b0159251e5180bf_2_666x5002

2 Likes

There was a big sale on Fabric pots on Amazon. I bought five packs of five of seven gallon ones that I will be using in future grows. Using my Prime discount+ a discount code and a special sale I paid just under $40 for twenty-five grow bags.

3 Likes

i use the fabric pots and love them, good call!

1 Like

Saturday pics. Not much of a smell coming from the plant. If you bend down close to the plant there is a slight sour smell. The last two nights the nighttime temperatures have been down in the mid to low forties. Tomorrow and Tuesday the highs are forecasted to be in the upper eighties. Im hoping the temps hold out for another 4 or five weeks to see what this little plant can do.

7 Likes