Score now is 1 for sure Earth Lover fem auto but it’s a runt. No Loco-Mota autos but hopefully one fem outside. 3/4 went male.
0/4 fem auto Loco-Mota tho the one in the garden seems to have female pre-flowers tho no hairs yet.
The male I had in the house and was trying to collect pollen from is just dropping flowers with no sign of pollen. The one in the garden has pollen showing so I’m going to cut it down and set it up in the house in a glass of water to keep it going enough to collect pollen from it. Same thing with the EarthLover male in the garden and I’ve already collected pollen from the indoor EL male. All the males seem to have the auto genes so can use them to make regular seeds then redo the fem aspect if the stuff seems worth keeping.
Got a good tsp of pollen from the EL boy. Will do the same with the outdoor one. I collect the flowers/pollen on tinfoil then dump it on my 180 micron kief screen into the collection pan then put it all in a vial that I put open into that jar of colour changing Drierite crystals for a couple days to dry it right out. Then I cap it and leave it in the jar with all those old ones. Need to dump them and clean the vials for further use.
The two possibly girls in the garden are showing some pre-flowers but very tiny yet. Tear-drop shaped so 90% certain they’re female but no hairs yet to confirm.
EarthLover now 24" tall and I FIMed it about a week ago when it was 20" tall. You can see the Loco-Mota boy just to the right.
The Loco-Mota ‘girl’ yesterday about 20" tall. Her brother can be seen just to the right. I have yet to water them since I put them in the garden. They got watered deep with our dugout tap water when I planted them and we’ve had rain 4 days a week since so no need tho it’s been really hot and sunny the last few days.
I’m taking the males out this weekend and planning to make some sort of cover for the ‘girls’ so I can force them to flower. It’s been 6 weeks so they certainly aren’t autos. I’ll take some cuttings off each to play with inside in case I just give up on the outdoor experiment. I’d have to cover them from 10pm-10am every day until the end of Aug then plan to keep clear cover over them hoping they finish flowering by the end of Sept if they get done by them so may just call it quits. We get some nasty wind storms here that would shred any flimsy setup. We’ve had killer frost before the end of Aug too so getting to the end of Sept or into Oct without winter getting real is a crap-shoot.
We’re looking at setting up a free greenhouse frame a neighbour gave us. Supposed to be 20x12 and kind of a quonset type. We’d just need to get a roll of 20x100ft plastic and other stuff to make it work.
The wife wants to grow huge plots of garlic next year. She’s selling some from this year already for $3.50 a bulb. Damn squirrel that’s been living in the carport for a few years is stealing them so now I have to get rid of him. Already caught two in a live trap and moved them up the road a few miles to my neighbours 1/4 section where he keeps a few steers until they are big enough to butcher. Old Sammy must have had a lady move in as one of our cats, Rory, killed a young squirrel last week. Really don’t want any of them living here. Got weasels too.
Got lots going on in the grow room. Recently repotted two of the Monkey Banana Kush plants into 4gal pots and will soon repot lots more. Shitload of stuff to do and little energy to do it.