1st ever outdoor in n. Alberta using Sebring auto fems!

Yeah I’m quite pleased with the way she is turning out for my first ever finished plant outside. Just a few older fans near the bottom on one side going yellow but overall still green all over. Making me think she might need even more time to reach full size but I’ll fight the elements longer if need be. It’s been an easy battle so far with only 3 nights needing the sheet over and heater on. Wondering how it’ll do indoors.

I’ve given them both Epsom Salts and some of that MSM to boost sulphur but will add more of both as it’s damn hard to OD with S. Doesn’t really fit the low S profile tho which tends to hit newer and mid growth first and looks a lot like low Fe in the way it presents.

Time for me to mix that STS up and get to spraying as well. Are you going to cut off your sprayed branch and see if it produces pollen in a while on it’s own? Spray again maybe? I’m curious to see how mine does. Wonder if a higher silver content would get a better response.

:peace:

2 Likes

Yep done it last week when it started to open a few flowers. There are more opening but not seeing pollen yet.

I haven’t sprayed it any more, as it slows the production down, from what Mr Sparkle was saying, once the flowers start to appear it’s better to not spray anymore, as it will delay production and slow the whole plant down from the stress. Which is also what I am seeing happen.

It’s definitely something that requires practice to understand fully how it affects the plants and when and how often it should be applied.

I think the next one will get a spray a week before flip, again on the day of flip, and one more a week later. I did 6 sprays on the GDP this time being impatient and unsure if my mixture was made properly and working.

Also spraying a lot creates big bunches of flowers from what I gleaned on you tube, they seem to get jammed up tight together and struggle to open properly from what I see on the GDP atm but hopefully will improve as more open and drop off.

I did not know you could have an excess of sulphur, that’s very interesting. What I am thinking could be a deficiency in my plants could be excess ffs :frowning:

4 Likes

Much to learn about this STS stuff yet. I better spray a branch on both my kush plants then so they get equal treatments as they are on different nute feeds as an experiment. If the STS has an effect on overall plant growth then they both need it to stay on track with my experiment. So far things look equal except the MegaCrop one seems to have worse leaf problems but not a ton worse. Buds are forming nicely.

I spent half the day getting things straightened out with my RO system parts. They sent me the wrong size filter housing and I need 3 so they are sending 3 and a pre-paid return box for the first one. Getting 4 1/4" ball valves and a 3-way to be able to bypass the carbon and UV filters for water that is to be used for the plants. They don’t care if it tastes a little funky and don’t need sterilization so that will save wear and tear on the expensive bits.

Our dugout water is filtered down to 5 micron for the house and that will be fed to the RO system.

The RO will have ball valve →1 micron → 0.5 micron → RO membrane → 3-way connector → ball valve → carbon filter → UV filter → hose run to 5gal drinking water jug with ball valve on the end. The 3rd leg of the 3-way will have a ball valve with tubing to fill my old brine tank for the water softener we haven’t used in 15 years that I’ll fit with a spigot to fill the plant’s water jugs with. I have a float valve I can rig up on that tank.

Still have to figure out how to plumb in the 4-way shutoff valve but there’s U-Tube for that and the restrictor valve goes on the waste water line from the RO filter so there’s back pressure on the membrane or all the water runs to waste.

Shopping for this stuff online when building your own system is time-consuming and frustrating as hell! lol Another $100 too. :frowning:

From all I’ve read you have to have quite the excess to cause problems. Could be interference from some other nutrient but this stupid Mulder’s Wheel doesn’t include sulphur.

This one does and lots more but is even more confusing.

Home made New York style pizza tonight. I’m stuffed! :smiley:

5 Likes

The girl is still out there but the weather is going to shit. Sunny this morning but turned cloudy with light rain now and only 44F out there so under the sheet again tonight with the heater.

Chopped half a lower branch off and 3 small ends yesterday as they were sticking out getting rained on a bit and after trimming got 101g off them so used 50g to make a small batch of cocobudder last night and froze the rest. That pan is 18.5 inches across and that’s a lower and smaller cola in the middle.

All trimmed up. That’s an 18" ruler too.

The beginning of a batch of Fresh Harvest Infused Coconut oil, (Cocobudder).

Decarb bubbles almost done.

Got 250ml of meds out of that batch and took some last night then again a couple hours ago. No buzz but feeling relaxed and hardly any joint pain getting up and way lower now. Seems to work!

I found a lab that does potency testing for anyone over 19 for only $60! Add $30 to that for THCa And CBDa results. $60 more for a full terpene profile too. Best price and availability I’ve been able to find for half or less than most. Canvas Labs.

I am definitely getting this CBD girl tested so I know for sure what I’m working with. Her clone is just now shooting out 1 finger leaves after growing for the last couple weeks. I put her in a 2L pot a couple days ago with a light feed. I’ll want terpenes testing too then again once I harvest one grown indoors to see what difference there is. Hope she tests really good!

Dug out my medpot permit and it runs out before the end of the month so got to get that renewed ASAP then file to grow this year.

6 Likes

Got some nice solid looking buds there Lab, glad it’s working for you. The site looks interesting, how much bud do they need to do a test.

We had minus 3 last night, heavy frost this morning , been chilly all day. How much longer before she is done do you think :thinking:

2 Likes

2-3 grams is all for flower. I’ll take bits from all over the plant in proportion to how much of each upper and lower buds I figure I’m getting and send that in.

I think she is good enough now to chop for full potency but the hairs are still all white but curled up from the cold I think. Almost zero red hairs but almost all white trichs. No amber I can spot. Can’t believe how little evidence of bugs I can find on her. Or spots of damage from mites or thrips which are both endemic here. Built in bug repellent maybe. That’d be nice! lol

I’d love to leave her another week or more if we at least got sunny and warm during the day for a few hours. but may just start hacking her down bit by bit and pause if it warms up. Supposed to be sunny most of the day tomorrow but a high around 10. We’ll see my first time so it’s all new to me. :smiley:

4 Likes

my 2 girls left in the unheated greenhouse survived 22f last night with no heat! sour diesel from dinafem and white widow from dutch passion. i thought for sure they were toast! frost was very heavy but they’re still kicking with no further damage. never thought they could handle that much cold. have a 21in fan in there to keep them dry. going to leave them another week. hairs just starting to color.

5 Likes

They’re tough as hell so as long as the frost doesn’t get on them or they aren’t getting rained on to get bud rot they seem to be able to hack a lot. I’ts not supposed to freeze here tonight so I’m leaving her open unless it does. Wind from the north but usually dies off around now and is hitting the back of her so protected by the plastic but open in the front with the cover over the top. 39F and 80% RH atm but she’s looking good today.

Think I’ll be chopping real soon and that will take a week at least.

2 Likes

i suggest investing in a 10ft x 20ft 7.5ft h portable greenhouse from amazon. can grow 15 plants in there and remove the cover for the winter. cost me $259 us. worth it to protect your plants in cold conditions. leave anchored frame in place. permanently.

6 Likes

We actually have a frame for a 12x20 a neighbour gave us and I’m using bits of it now for that frame around my plant. Not sure if we have all the parts tho. Could just build on to the end of the house that faces south too and the wife wants something for her tomatoes and peppers as well.

A small lotto win would sure make things easier to do around here. Still have to fix my snowblower as I think I’ll be needing it soon. Damn I’d like a little tractor with a bucket and PTO.

5 Likes

We got snow down here today :rofl: yup you might need it soon…

3 Likes

Once the ground gets cold…its over! My room i transplant and holy fk the roots are cold!! No wonder slow growth…air temp right on but cold floor!

kinda slim…FIRE CONSUMES MASS AMOUNTS OF O2

I keep my pots on a 1" slab of styrofoam insulation. My cement floor is always cold even in summer. You want warm roots especially if using myco and beneficial bacteria. They like 75F but DWC likes 65 in a sterile grow.

6 Likes

@LabRat. In the process of building a “base” for my tent with 3/4” plywood and 1” styrofoam insulation for that very reason.

3 Likes

I see a lot of grow rooms obviously a cement basement floor and the pots are sitting right on the floor without even a catch tray and I always have those under mine. Not a lot of insulation but better than nothing.

It’s nice having the walls and floor cool tho. My room is only a 7x9’ corner of the whole underground concrete bunker that’s 10x30’. I’ve been planning to add a section on just for flowering that will have a 8.5’x4’ grow space inside a bit larger space. Hang up my 6’ 6" Light Rail and light it up with 2 - 600W SHPS Hortilux bulbs mounted back to back. Another project on my list. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

got it here too!

1 Like

get a roll of thick uv resistant plastic and overlap 6in on your frame from top down… eBay sells different size plastic clips that fit over your tubing to hold the plastic on. bury the bottom of the last sheet.

4 Likes

just picked up a 2005 mahindra 20 hp diesel tractor with a dump and snowblower with 700hrs on it for $5000 last year. thing is amazing. definitely makes life a lot easier.

3 Likes

What’s that for? If that’s for my outdoor little plant cover I’m good with what I’ve got. The plant is coming down over the next week. My temp sensor went on the fritz today and I should have noticed sooner. Been at 35F for 24 hours even this afternoon when it was sunny for a few hours. Decided to go check on her at 1am tonight and damn good thing I did. Leaves drooping really bad and sparkly little ice crystals on them. Got the sheet over her and turned the heater on just in time I think. I’ll have to go grab the sensor tomorrow and see what’s up with it. Might just be out of sync with the display unit in the mancave here or need a fresh battery tho I put a lithium one in a few months ago and should be good for a couple years. OH well I’ll check for damage later today but don’t think there’ll be much if any.

Sweet! I might just go talk to the boys at John Deere and see if they have anything used for a reasonable price. My credit is finally decent so who knows. could use a 6’ or larger mower deck for the 4 acres of lawn that never gets cut. Bucket would be nice and I can move snow with that and use it around the yard. Tiller too but don’t need that often. We’ve been getting a guy to cut the grass twice a year and same with the garden. 400 - $500 a year might just be better than spending lots on my own gear.

6 Likes

plastic to cover the 12’ x 20’ frame.

2 Likes