1st grow ever

It is hard to tell from that angle but it looks almost normal to me. I am not as experienced as @George but I think a reveg would have less developed leaves.

3 Likes

Your help is as good as mine, revegging normally shows just one finger leave, plant looks OK to me …

4 Likes

Genetics could be a possibility? I agree with the HPS heat factor. You gotta fight the HPS heat with AC unfortunately they bolth run heavy power.

2 Likes

The vpd chart is a general guide

You can still grow either side of it , if you know what to adjust ie watering volume and feed strength for example ?

Befor their was a vpd chart we learnt the relationship of rh and temp and the plant uptake etc and as things changed we Learnt how to adapt to it , what to think about

Or am I missing something ?

5 Likes

Ya I don’t think I’ve ever been out of the red, lol.

8 Likes

This is true… but 95 degrees is definitely going to scorch some terps and trikes. For best results try to get your temps down if possible.

3 Likes

So if temps high there’s a lot more uptake so if you can raise rh to help that’s good as a higher rh slows down uptake to offset the higher temp , if you can’t change temp or rh then be prepared to water more and lower ec/ppm so to keep daily food intake the same

As an example

5 Likes

@BTYGMO , yes but we knew that befor vpd

Anything over 28c is going to affect terps regardless of rh

4 Likes

The question was there anything wrong with the plant? My thoughts are any of these expressions are genetics. But the room is too high heat. The best advice I can give is lower that heat. Short of that, there is nothing wrong with the plant except potential genetic expression.

5 Likes

I was just trying to explain that if you in the red and can’t change it then there are things you can do to adapt to it

Just shootin the breeze : )

6 Likes

I wouldn’t go over 65% humidity no matter how hot it is in flower

6 Likes

I totally agree … I only lurk around here for the good times lol… Sometimes I learn something as well lol

3 Likes

Same here : )

4 Likes

Everybody who follows this particular part of the forum are Rockstars in my book !!! Everyone’s opinions matter here as we all had different experiences. I learned something every time one of you shares !!! Appreciate you all !!!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, the OP can’t post for a few more hours… He’ll be back When he can post again. He sent me a PM. Continue with Evaluations as he can read along.

4 Likes

I have a plant that has mostly 3 leaves. Flowered earlier than the others in that pack.

Has a nice coffee smell to her

9 Likes

(I think lol) I’ve heard that triangle kush has the leaves like that???
But i also have some outdoor plants that flip flopped between flower and veg and flower that look like that too.

6 Likes

I am going to throw in what I am seeing this summer under LEDs. I decided to disconnect my portable AC unit this summer. Electric bills near $500 last summer prompted that decision. I had flowered under HPS for many years and high temps produced airy buds. I thought the LEDs would do the same.

Flower room has run as high as 92F and 70%+ humidity. The buds have been tight and full. The only difference between grow room conditions has been the lighting. I have been watering more as a result, and the fans are set on high.

Purely anecdotal observation I know, but there may be something about LEDs vs HPS and heat.

8 Likes

Looking good, I switched to LEDs some years ago, lower heat and electricity bill :sweat_smile:, way to go. As @ifish says you can play with environmental conditions to minimize being in the red zone, but both of you are experimented growers, I just try to make things easier to understand… beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

Haha I was hps for years and now I am led back to being a newbie and having to relearn @George
I hate relearning , my brain already full to the max , now I have to try and make room for all this new stuff lol ptfd dfi vpd
The world getting more complicated for me everyday
I got wires for everything comin out my ass , make sure this is charged , that is charged , mental

@buzzmobile the difference is radiant heat
Hps is like sitting beside real open fire it’s 26c but radiant heat puts extra heat deep into bones so a warmer type feeling that also lasts longer

Led is like blow heater that just heats air around you so still 26c but no extra heat going into body so not as intense or lasting

So with led you can get away with running tent hotter

As plants feel and react to the two different heat sources same as us

Why some feel that vpd chart should have leaf temp too in equation to adjust from hps to led in chart ( with and without radiant heat )

See it’s all mental , life meant to get easier with tek not harder
: )

LEDs are cheaper in electric as money saved from not putting extra electric to make radiant heat
Kind off
All electric is focused on light with led , none is wasted on heat like with hps

5 Likes