1st grow ever

Agreed 100%

I have very little control over my environment so I don’t bother with vpd.

It’s a good guideline but not gospel.

I just typed pretty much exactly what you said about ec levels etc but then went back to read a little better and realized you’d said it already :joy:

8 Likes

It’s always time to learn new things… frech|nullxnull

Cannabis VPD chart

3 Likes

I need another joint haha

And a temp lazer gun ffs another thing with wire to charge

5 Likes

I’m a kid of the 80s . When we started growing in the 90s temp and RH are what we always went by. These days the environmental data collector’s do a great job of converting everything. I don’t run my garden by VPD however just following good growing practices for temp and RH Generally put you in fairly decent VPD range according to data collector. I take all VPD with the grain of salt as the charts are not standardized but they could help you with some guidance when you are in high temps and you have no other options to reduce temperatures. Lately more people I’m around have been going back to give their HPS another shot. I’m standing by ready just in case they impress me lol. I have kept my HPS lights and stockpiled bulbs As they are harder to come by as they become outlawed in more states and fazed out. But It would take a lot for me to run HPS agian because the electric bill is insane.

7 Likes

@BTYGMO now all we need is a dry and curing vpd chart
: )

5 Likes

For fun we can always throw that in our little experiment haha… the monitors have it… I don’t know if I’m educated enough enough to decipher it all haha

4 Likes

And if life was confusing 2 hours ago
It just got a whole lot worse
Now the whole site has changed ffs

5 Likes

7 Likes

There are about a billion ways to cool HID lights. And all of them involve air-cooling…cool tubes, air-cooled hoods, etc. Enclose that bulb and move a BUTT-TON of air through the enclosure.

This is why almost everyone uses LED these days

Your 3-blade leaves are genetic. Bubba is famous for pushing nothing but 3s and 5s the whole way through to harvest, for example.

4 Likes

@George @resimax new pics posted and some of pics show leaf damage in the OP ‘s new pics definitely look like some pest type damage but I’ll let everyone else take a look to clarify. What do you guys see is that sporadic leaf damage? Pest issues?

3 Likes

Difficult to see with HPS :sweat:, could be caterpillar damage …

4 Likes

To be honest I haven’t seen any pests bugs etc knock on wood I just did lol an I shake my plants by the stock everyday an I don’t see nothing I got 2 fans going

2 Likes

How’s it going was wondering if u seen my pics an if so what’s ur outlook on it

3 Likes

Difficult to detect something with those lights, at least I see no tacoing or crispy leaves which means no heat stress, also no burnt tips (no overfeeding) but not much more to see unless you trim problematic leaves (suspected deficiency or bug damage) and take a pic outside, looking good so far …
beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Agreed … thanks @George … I just thought the small leaf damage was suspect. @Cummings420 It looks like you’re doing really well buddy. Hopefully this is not a pest problem but stay vigilant if there is no other logical source for the leaf damage. I hate to miss that if it’s early pest problem. Cheers everyone!!!

4 Likes

Awesome thank u George I appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Yes for sure I’ll keep an eye out for the bugs just in case I do find bugs what’s a good spray I heard dawn dish soap n lukewarm water don’t mix it a bunch but enough to mix the 2

1 Like

Thank u for ur feedback as well I totally appreciate it

1 Like

Have u ran high pressure sodium bulb and metal halide bulb together I have 1,000 watt HPS running with 600 MH bulb an than i picked up a 600 wayt HPS red n orange PAR bulb which i was thinking of running the last month or should i just keep doing what I’m doing

1 Like

Ooohhh that’s a tough one . Depends on the bugs you could be dealing with. But you are getting to a point in flower where there is less opportunities as we do not spray anything late in flower. Definitely get a cheap scope 30x 60x maybe a 90x or your phone zoomed in and examine those small damaged areas. Also examine top and bottom of several leafs for any pests. They can be extremely tiny. But the earlier you find them in flower the more options for different sprays. Late flower no sprays. Keep vigilant on pest inspection and consider some type of pest management plan if you find anything during your inspection share it well all help you find the best options for you.

2 Likes