1st grow ever

I’m not totally sure. I’m in love with these… Very light and air buds at this point. I do not have any seeds left, but I do have clones lol… And I got some awesome new shippers. I have not shipped very far with these yet.

5 Likes

I have been collecting a few of these clone, shippers with lights, etc. They should be able to stay pretty healthy for a decent amount of time. The clones I have gotten from good clone Distributors use these as well.

4 Likes

Looking good @Cummings420 , you guys have way more patience than me, I’d have that trimmed and hanging by now :sunglasses: but I personally prefer the effects when the trichomes are mostly clear. Are you keeping an eye on the yellowing leaves? Mostly if they die back they go crispy and fall off, but sometimes one can go slimy and be a mould or bud-rot risk.

Bluelab have a new combo meter with replaceable probe, saves throwing the whole thing away every 6 months. I thought you were in soil though? Do soil growers pH adjust? I thought they just watered, and then added strange teas made from worm castings, shrimp shells and bat wings :wink: I’ve never grown in soil but I thought it was supposed to be simpler but it sounds like more work than hydro.

2 Likes

Hahaha man what a world we live in right now… bro that is the coolest shit ever¡!!!

1 Like

I grew hydro and soil… both are equally a pain in the ass for different reasons…

Soil yku need tomplan ahead and harder to correct a feeding issue

Hydro very easy to overfeed and easy to mess up ratios and have nutrients just flushing down a drain etc…

I am having more luck with soil than hydro myself… but its not a fair judgment… because i killed everything in the beginning… it wasnt because of hydro or soil… it was me lol

3 Likes

@Terpsnpurps If I was gonna ship you something, it would not be the blueberry to be honest. I wouldn’t want you to associate me with those light air buds lol. But I think I’ve got something even better You will have more fun and success with in seed.

4 Likes

Soil grower here. Easy peasy fresh nug squeezy.

3 Likes

I think I’m gonna have to run a soil run just to get my badge one of these days. I have never run a full grow in soil would probably be good for me.

Edit- I have quite a few friends that would say Coco is the way to go. So I run Hydro just to piss them off lol A lot of people will say soil and organics is the best flavor… But debate for another time lol After I have given soil a proper run for a fair comparison lol

4 Likes

Ok hawks are playing soon headed to my buddies watch the game I’ll get back here in few hours GO HAWK’S

1 Like

Oh damn I didn’t see all these comments I’ll definitely get back here in bit THANK U ALL

I Dunno about that, as I feel that same way about Blue and apera.

My Hanna’s haven’t ever let me down.

They’re precision instruments that need proper storage and maintenance.

I got PhEP 4 and 5 from 2010 still accurate as day 1.

2 Likes

Well if it helps me grow fuck it why not grab one an give it a try never know unless I try one right but I’ll look around see what’s out there thank u for the info bud I appreciate it

1 Like

Yes definitely keeping an eye on the yellow leaves I haven’t came across no wet moldy ones thank goodness but definitely be keeping eyes out an thank u @Igor for the compliment I appreciate brother

2 Likes

Morning boys. I found you @Cummings420 . Plants are chugging along, they’ll finish for you. Good start for a 1st grow. Nice job.
I saw GH Flora series mentioned. I run it as a 2 part. Lucas Formula. Simple. You can use it in any grow medium.

1 Like

Do you run 0/6/9 or 0/8/16? I recommend 069.

Bro… i religiously perfectly took great care of all my either hanna or bluelabs meters… i mean RELIGIOUSLY!!! That was not what happened… not by ANY means

Thats just it… it will help for a small period of time… then fail… and so will your grow because of it…

Im not sauying they are all trash… but the fact remains that that are NOT uniform… you can buy 5 meters and they will all read a little different from each other … sound reliable to you??

If you happen to luck out like couchlocked did you can have lucky success…

But from my and others experiences… they will fail… and they cost way too much for that kind of unreliability…

I have abandoned these shit meters and now i am not failing… it was the ph meter in particular … time after time device after decice that failed over and over…

This is with me taking perfect care of them!!!

So… if you’re bound and determined to spend money on one of these short lived meters that are extremely overpriced… then i say at least get test drops and not have blind faith in them…

Are you guys aware of the photon app? Need to check the spelling but basically it uses the camera in your phone to gauge ppfd and light spectrum… Been using it for a year or two now and works pretty well. It’s free to download and worth a shot if want to check light intensity.

2 Likes

I donno about all that, I’ve been using my blulabs ph pen for 2.5 years. Proper care goes a long way.

3 Likes

I got to make a video I just haven’t had this experience with PH meters. I don’t know if I just went over the top with how I took care of but here’s the thing temperature will affect the readings in a big way the reference solutions are at 77°, so anything out of that range will affect them in a little bit so when you have an automatic temperature compensation meter it’s going to read differently than one without it.

For instance if I take my EC meter and I turn off my automatic temperatur compensation I can take my reference solution of 1.41 at 77° and it’s going to read 1.41. but if I heat that solution to 80°, it’s going to read about 1.2

The same applies to PH meters as they’re just using voltage to find your potential hydrogen

But I’m going to check these out when I go home because you got me curious too.

I always would check my PH meters against reference solution before using if they fell within one point of the calibration solution I figured they were good to go now how far off were your readings like were they significantly off where it’s going to cause issues or was it just like a point up or down?
0you’re my buddy on here I’m not trying to argue with you or anything I’m just you know curious like a healthy debate that kind of thing :fist_right::fist_left:,

How I used to store my meters was I had a little tiny piece of sponge that I kept inside the cap with about a good milliliter and a half of storage solution and then I would wrap the cap with electrical tape so none of it would evaporate after using them I would give them a two-step rinse with distilled water and then spray the shit out of the probe with the spray bottle with distilled water shake it down hard to get all the water off of it and then store it.

I even had a Hannah $300 grow line combo meter I bought off of eBay for 60 bucks the probe diagnostic said the probe was shot I did my 3-day restoration process with it and I got that fucker reading accurate as hell so I don’t know maybe I’m just being really really anal about mine funny enough I don’t use the damn things at all I just have them there is like in case I haven’t probably used a pH meter in a long time

3 Likes