1st grow! Strawberries n cream x snaggle tooth

I’ve tried peat pots , jiffy , rapid rooters the best so far is pro mix mixed with perlite and happy frog
The pro mix has no nutritional value so you will need to feed sooner
I have a much better success rate

I do like rapid rooters for clones but not for seeds

Good luck

4 Likes

Here’s an update, glad to say it looks like these plants will be bouncing back.

So here’s a question, are the portable swamp/evaporative coolers ok to use for helping cool my room down or is that going to cause issues. I ask cause I have one in storage it’s just kinda boxy like 32”x18x24
I’m guessing I would be better off with a
Refrigerated unit. And if so does anybody have any suggestions for something small but efficient?

Temp/humidity fluctuate with a range of 77-88F and 50-62 rh. Best that can be managed til I can cool down the air.
Got a small humidifier goin and one fan inside and one exhaust fan.
Might I also benefit from adding another fan? Again I have a 2x2 tent.
If anyone wants to share their set up of their tent with all equipment I’d much appreciate that!

Only giving the plants purified drinking water that’s been steam reversed osmosis filtered and ozonated. The soul they are in now is RO original and in different pots. I know the pots made a huge difference!!! Fuck the peat pots!! What are they actually good for???

8 Likes

Good job man they had one foot in the grave, lots of big perlite in there, they certainly look a lot happier.

The cheapest way I found was a small window aircon unit, its good for a 10x10 ft room uses 500W. But you are not going to fit that in a tent. Does the room have a window that the tent is in, you mount it in that if the room is small enough or exhaust the hot air from a portable unit out a window?

3 Likes

What is the RH in the room? You may be able to get away with it, but 50-60% RH already is in the upper limit.

3 Likes

Wow, I thought for sure they were as good as dead. Good job bringing them back.

4 Likes

@ReikoX I don’t know at the moment. I’ll have to buy another temp/hum display for my room. Only have one and it’s in the tent. I’ll check though with the one in the tent when it’s back on.

@anon81143130 I also thought they mighta been goners! But guess you can say they passed their 1st stress test! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
By stressing them like this (accidental) would it make the plants that much more stronger as in terms of resiliency to bounce back from environment changes??[

4 Likes

My point being they work better the lower the humidity is in the room. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

That’s possible but I wouldnt push my luck. I would say they are probably solid genetics.

3 Likes

@anon81143130 I totally hear what you’re saying, but regardless these plants have the will to live! Also a little talking to your plants and giving some encouraging energy might help a little bit too!

Just had to post these pics, I was amazed to see all the new growth! They got watered today at 10am and the light just came on at 6pm

9 Likes

they had a slow start but will recover
keep it simple

4 Likes

They bounced back yeah
Great job
Keep it simple

3 Likes

So here is where I am.
Not sure what is goin on except maybe a lil fluctuation with humidity/temp but not to major.
Might this be a PH Issue??
Two plants seem to be good and doing their thing and then two are kinda struggling it seems like.
Any inputs??

3 Likes

2 of those just look overwatered but the last pic looks like nute burn but hard to say for sure with that lighting

3 Likes

I will back off on watering again. It’s just the pots get so light so quickly! The plant in the green solo cup has those other plants at the base and anyhow that one has been requiring water daily! Only been giving little bit of water at a time and it has been daily.
What’s a general rule for watering??
Also my temps haven low to mid 80’s with humidity fluctuation from 50-60%.
Until I get an AC window unit I’m stuck with these numbers.

1 Like

You don’t want to give them just a little bit of water every day. You want to completely saturate the soil and you have water running out the bottom of the pot then let the soil go dry before watering again

3 Likes

Hopefully better pics!!

5 Likes

They look to be coming around, just make sure you dont water until the pots are very light

2 Likes

Watering seems to my issue mostly. Finally ordered a ph kit to ensure optimal levels for watering. I’m guessing water with optimal ph levels for cannabis will make a huge difference as well?!?

Massive difference. Literally the difference between being able to eat all the nutrients in there, and not being able to eat any.

3 Likes

It’s not necessary to water until runoff. I have square pots I use with no holes and they do fine. What temperature is the water you are giving them? Where is your current air temp probe at?

2 Likes