1st grow! Strawberries n cream x snaggle tooth

Ph is very important , water run is also important to prevent build up of excess salts.

1 Like

Correct if you’re feeding salts. Mb

I’m guessing if you feed your plants nutes you are adding salts. What nutes do you use that contain no salts?

If you want bigger, happier and healthier plants getting some runoff will definitely get you in the right direction :v:
I’m not saying that it’s not possible to water or feed without runoff. I’m just saying you will get better results simply by adding a few drain holes.

Ultimately they are your plants and you can do with them whatever you please just trying to help

1 Like

So, thanks for all responding parties and advice!

I am not doing any nutes. 2 plants are in fox farm happy frog and the other two in roots organics.
They have only been given water and one watering with some Urb which is a humic acid nutrient. No Salts. And the only other thing is some ewc.
Got some FPJ ready for when they all looking good and at least 8-10 inches tall!!
Here is a overall pic of interior. What could I do diff with my set up??? If you all see room for improvement.

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Looks good jay, definitely to soon to start feeding heavy but once they hit about the 3rd or 4th node you might want to start giving them some veg nutes with high N.
Happy frog is pretty light on the ferts so you could prob feed them sooner but always start at about 1/3 dose to see how they respond.
Your plants will definitely talk to you…you just need to learn to hear them.

4 Likes

So I finally my ph kit and wow am I surprised my plants had even been growing. Was reading past 8 on PH level.
Today was water day and it felt good to give the plants properly PH’d water. Also the two plant on right are not doing to well, so I gave them a layer of mycorrhizae with some clover and other beneficial plants and covered with fresh soil. Let’s see if that helps and if they can catch up! I think they will bounce back especially now that I know I’m giving them ph’d water. I think that was a big factor regarding my plants health amongst other things.

I am thankful once more for all who chime in and give advice, support or positive criticism. This is a first time indoor grow and I’m learning a lot so far and looking forward to learning a lot more which I know there is :joy::joy::joy:

To finish these plants will be such a boost to my morale as it is so far in bringing these plants back from almost dying. I’m excited guys and gals too!!!

3 Likes

They should start to correct themselves soon. Now you know the water PH is good, you can elimate a lot things when looking for other problems.

2 Likes

Should these be a bit further along??
Lower leaves yellowing, N def??
Best I’m managing with my conditions is mostly 80 deg f and rh 58. Two small plants I planted outside another location, see what happens but for now these two are staying inside.

4 Likes

How old are they?

Planted since 4/20 :grimacing:

They do look on the small side for 10 week old plants but could just be genetics. When do you plan to start flowering?

Definitely not. :wink: Too green for that.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I think they are like this from all the bs they been thru.
First I didn’t have any humidity.
Then I overwatered them n almost killed them.
More than once My humidifier has ran dry And my plants suffered. My guess is all these occurrences have hurt my plants.

Here’s a new question, if I PH a bottle of water, will it stay properly ph’d until it’s all used up? Or should water that’s gonna be used that day be ph’d there and then and used.
Thanks!

Ph can definitely move a little but that’s not a huge concern if you storing in plastic but avoid anything metal and its fine. With that being said I still wouldn’t store it for long periods but a week won’t cause any issues

1 Like

The sooner the better actually, when do you suggest I could???

Reason being is it’s starting to get “hot” around here, kwim. I intend to transfer into some 1 gal pots when that time comes. Got some roots organics original soil and a living Supersoil amendment to add. Tell you this much, this living soil Amendment smells preposterous!!! But I bet it’ll make for some terpy plants! Or so I hope! Of course cure is the whole other half :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

If they are that old and still in small containers then that’s prob why they are so small. The poor things are most likely root bound. If it were me I would plant them in 2 or 3 gal containers then give them another week of veg before flowering

1 Like

Where is a good site to get my hands on some litfa I been hearing a lot about it I think I’ll give it a try

2 Likes

You can get all the LITFA you want here.

Hint: it’s a joke, it stands for Leave It The Fuck Alone.

2 Likes

Wait so is it not even a real product because I hear people talking about it all over the site and I’ve seen pictures of the bottle and stuff so is it an actual product or when people are talking about it they just mean leave it the f*** alone

5 Likes