1st time growing diary

Oh hell ya those plants are stacking on rather nicely you’ve got to be pretty excited about those, looking good! Nice work @SpikPT!

2 Likes

Day 85, entering the 12th week. Probably the top buds will be chopped still this week or in the next one. The bottom ones still have the pistils white and need more time to mature.
The tall one.

Here’s the unhappy girl. She’s always droopy, I wonder what she doesn’t like, her sisters seem to be happy. She’s treated the same way but 2 weeks younger.

This girl must be religious. She seems to pray all day. Or atleast her leaves are always pointing up.

Another one looking nice

The sick girl now, she seems to be recovering or atleast she will made till the end. Still has many leaves alive.

This girl now, has started to get some purple on her leaves, especially near the main bud. I don’t know if its any problem but it looks very nice. I will take a photo from the top to bottom like skyview for you to see her leaves next time.

For last, it’s the drying one. Already 10 days of drying time, and she isn’t ready yet. Sorry for the pics quality, my mate and his good phone werent around this time.

3 Likes

Day 89:
After 2 weeks of drying, she’s finally ready to go into the jar. She’s on a 2L jar, but it’s less than 50% full, is there any problem for not being atleast 75% full? I still have to trim her, too.

A lot of drying leaves there still.
Now about the others, I could only cut 3 tops because I decided to wait a little bit more for the others and I only had 1 box available atm. Next time, I’ll bring more cardbox and cut some more tops.

These ones are definitely more packed up.
Now I hope no bug enters through the stem and kills them because they still have a lot of buds to cut.

And also the other one that had two tops cut, because she was topped.

Now everything is on the same level.
Some pics of the other girls untouched.

I really like the purple appearing on this one, it’s different. Really beautiful, I wish to have one of those strains that gets full purple or black, but that’s also worst for stealth, so I will stay way from that for now.

The sick one, soon will be cut too.

And for last

4 Likes

Day 94:
The End
The guerrilla spot was compromised. My mate went there on Friday, the 21st of June, and everything was fine. He was checking if everything was alright, and it was. Next day, on Saturday, the 22nd of June, me and other 2 mates went there to harvest some girls but once we arrived, we saw our sprayer hanging on a tree in the entrance of the spot. We immediately realized someone found it then we started to scout the area to check if there was someone around but we were alone. So we decided to go in. Everything was untouched except for a girl, that had a side branch removed. Nothing too special, but it meant the person who went there, knew what it was and took a little bit but most importantly, he/she could come back and steal everything or we could get a visit from the cops, so we decided to harvest everything since the girls were ready. We stayed on the spot for 8 hours, bringing in the cardboard boxes, harvesting and trimming the leaves which we could remove with the stems. We had a bunch of boxes filled but only took a pic of some. Now everything is at the warehouse which is much safer than the spot but still, it can be found too… During this grow, I learned a lot and I owe that to you guys, that helped me this entire time, especially for @Tinytuttle, always available to answer me even the most stupid questions. Now, we’re preparing our photoperiod spot, this time outside the city (Lisbon), in a much better spot in the mountain’s forest. That doesn’t mean it’s 100% secure but definitely safer than the autos one. I’ll add now our last pics of the spot:
Friday, before being found.

Saturday, when I went there.
The last group pic.

The young one, 2 weeks younger than the rest. She had really beautiful colors near the buds.

The fat one.

She had a small part of one bud dried. It was already like this for some weeks. Hope this isn’t bad.

The sick one

This was the girl which someone stole the side branch.
This is where it was cut.

And the last girl:

After many leaves removed, we started to filling up the cardboard boxes with branches, here are some pics of them, but this was only from a few boxes and they weren’t even full. We really had to fill up the boxes because we hadn’t time to go get more. I forgot to take pics from the finished work but I was tired and completely forgot about it.

Hope you enjoyed my guerrila outdoor autos grow. I’m really thankful for everyone that followed and gave help. Without you, this would’ve ended even earlier :wink: . Stay safe guys, now I take over 45minutes to go to my new spot but it’s still worth it because of the security it provides. This case could have ended badly. Fortunately, everything went well. Stay tuned for the next photoperiod guerrila grow.

7 Likes

I’d say that looks like a pretty successful grow there great job @SpikPT!

3 Likes

I did! It was very interesting to watch and congratulations on your harvest. Looking good!

Considering your spot was found I’d say you were very lucky how it ended. Taking a side branch seems fair from the finder’s point of view. :wink:

I hope that warehouse is not too close by. They might be reading OG too and come back.

2 Likes

Sorry to heat if your security issue. I have to say tho the fact they only took a single branch is amazing… That was a very lucky occurrence. Most people that stumble upon plants wouldn’t hesitate just snagging the best nugs and leaving you the bs. I hope your photo grow goes well :v:

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Tinytuttle, @allotment, and @_randomguyinthewoods .
So now it’s time for me to show you my photoperiods and maybe to change the title of my thread since this will be my 2nd grow. I have currently 3 girls above the ground.
Photoperiods before the transplant.

Only the big one was in a 1L pot but she was already getting too big for such a small pot so I decided to transplant her into a 2L pot before going to the spot and the big seedling in the pic into the 1L pot. You can also see some local melon seedlings growing along with the cannabis. Those are going to the garden, even if it’s already a little bit late for them.
Here are the big girl roots. It may seem that some dirt fell off after the transplant but I actually didn’t fill the pot properly. I used some biobizz allmix soil that the guys at my local grow shop gave me since they had a half used pack, something like 25L of a 50L bag. It was really dry and most of it was in “blocks” instead of the typical sand/soil so that happened. Anyway, I made sure to flat out the bottom during the transplant and I think it went well.

Now for the big seedling, I put her in the 1L pot, I think she was desperate to go into something bigger, no?

Here are the girls after the transplant. I had to water really slowly because the soil wasn’t absorbing well the water, so I put a small layer, then water and wait, and repeat this until the pot was full.

And here are only the girls, now without the melons because they were planted. They are already growing so I think they overcome the stress of the transplant. I can already see some roots of the big one in the 2L pot.

Forgot to tell you the strains. The big one is a moby dick/jack herer fem. Not sure, we will find out later. The 2nd biggest is a alaskan purple fem from seedsman and the smaller is a moby dick/jack herer fem that sprouted after 3/4 weeks of being put in the jiffy. Not sure how this happened, but it happened.
For last, our 5 girls that came directly from the USA. Thanks for @Sebring for sending these Maui Sunshine. I really appreciate that. Much love from Portugal.

3 Likes

I forgot to show you the roots of the autos. What I can say from just observing them, is that the ones that yielded more have significantly larger trunks and deeper roots, which is somehow obvious and shows the importance of having healthy roots. After all, it’s from where they eat.

I wonder if they have any utility. I know some plant’s roots have medicinal properties, and other stuff. Are cannabis roots good for something?

4 Likes

Yup they have uses as well think @ReikoX has a recipe for them

2 Likes

They’re great for some light bondage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s also some medical benefits if you’re into that sort of thing
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.378.3552&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Choline and Atropine concentrations

Some historical uses

2 Likes

The new spot is almost ready.
We brought the nature’s jackpot in 2 40L bags but we didn’t fill them because this shit is heavy and I need my back to dig the 100L holes tomorrow. Here is nature’s jackpot as @Tinytuttle calls it. This is the result of leaves and wood decomposed for several years. It has an awesome texture, even better than the soil I bought in the grow shops. (Sorry for the pic’s quality, I had to take them with my phone.)

We also added the blumat’s bulkheads into the 22L buckets (roughly 6 gals reservoir). They were looking good even without adding glue. They weren’t leaking so we left them without glue. I may add glue if it starts leaking in the future.

Soon, I’ll set up the blumat system. Now, this is what we brought so far into the spot. Inside of one of the buckets, there are some bat guano, dolomite and epson salts that we didn’t use in the auto’s grow.

Soon, I’ll be able to show you my girls in their new spot. Maybe next week already :grin:
I’m sure they’ll love this soil mix, it’s really rich in nutrients, hope it isn’t too much. I thought about adding some worms to the soil but I’m not sure if they will leave and spread into the forest. What do you think about that?

5 Likes

What essential oils do you use? “ie” Rosemary, Basil, Cinnamon leaf?

2 Likes

Iv personally felt like I haven’t had to resort to using them but yes rosemary would work IMO as well as many mint varieties , if ya ever look at a mint plant there’s not a damn bug around that will chew on them I’v snipped branches of mint and threw them on and around my plants haven’t resorted to macerating them yet and rubbing the “mush” would be a lot more effective I’d assume since the oils would be released more effectively.

@Sunvalley you have any homemade bug deterrent oil recipes you’d like to share?

2 Likes

You can also find something hear as well .

3 Likes

You haven’t met my orange mint, beloved by all aphids. I liked it because the smell reminds me a bit of hash, but it’s an aphid magnet.

3 Likes

I’m thinking that might be due to it being hybridized or something similar, chocolate, orange, or what ever else flavored mints that are out there now days would probably be similar I’m talking about plain old spearmint, or peppermint varieties. Cause I have aphids as well iv recently discovered again and there non existenant on these plants, leaf hoppers , grasshoppers , beatles and such not a single hole in the leaves.

2 Likes

That might work to your advantage and double as a trap crop! Keep those fuckers off your more desirable plants!

4 Likes

There are a few different recipes you can play around with …
Garlic and chilli mix - add 4 cloves of crushed garlic to 4 table spoons of veg oil. Boil a couple chillis up in a cup of water, after comes to boil let chill then mix together with the garlic oil in a jar with screw on lid. Let it sit a day then should be ready to use … mix well before use and add 2 table spoons to 1L water with a table spoon of biodegradable washing soap or molasses and spray on. . Can do 3 tbl spoons. Helps control white flies aphids and beetles.

This passed season I started using fennel and wormwood mix. Really worked well for me. The fennel and wormwood never get affected by bugs and I plant it all around my grow area to the point the fennel just grows itself every year. Crush up a few fennel tops and worm wood leaves, add 4 table spoons of veg oil depending on how much plant material you are using. Basically just want it to be mixable and able to strain through a cheese cloth. So once mixed with oil strain through cheesecloth into a jar and let it sit over night, add a couple cups of water the next day and keep in jar with lid on. Shake up and mix together before use… Apply at 2 to 3 tbl spoons to a litre of water with a table spoon of biodegradable washing soap or molasses and spray on.
I’ve done it just boiling fennel and worm wood too but the oil mix works better …
Helps against a lot of stuff I’ve found.

For caterpillars I’ve found fermented comfrey worked well for me last season but think general fermented vegetables should work too. Once fermented, strain and add 1 tbl spoon to 1L water and apply to leaf or flower.

Hope this helps
V

3 Likes

Side note … Mint can also be used in the same process as the fennel and wormwood recipe … my mint like the fennel and wormwood plants remains untouched by pests

3 Likes