1st time growing diary

The one that’s yellow looks like an over dose on nutrients. It’s difficult to diagnose but when you use too much nutes or even sometimes when it rains too much the root hairs that absorb everything will die off and 2 to 3 weeks later your plant is dying and you don’t know what happened :mask: but if i was you id just harvest it and replace with a photo plant. Sometimes areas will have natural variations in nutrient levels. Last year i had a few probably 6 to 10 feet away from each other and same light levels but one burned up from nutes and the other few were just fine. When i planted i used the same amount in each hole. Overall it looks like your killing it :v: better plan harvest now before it sneaks up on you :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I dont think its overnute simply because before this happened, I wasnt giving her much nuts, just some bio grow ocasionally. I let them sit without anything for several weeks but then rain came and right after that we had a heat wave, like 35-37 degrees celsius maximum temperatures. Not normal for early may… But the others plants are fine, only that one is suffering. About putting a photo there, I wont use this spot again due to lack of security. I’m moving into a new spot in a forest area in a mountain range. Very hard to acess. I’ll have 6 photos there. Atleast I hope. Maybe I should try a flush in the sick one? Anyway, thanks for your input.

3 Likes

Guess you were right @_randomguyinthewoods … At first, it was probably some kinda of deficiency, I guess but then I think I worried too much about it and after talking with the guys at the growshop and hearing it was underfeed, I went with probably 2 much nutrients on them and endep up screwing almost all plants. I know it’s hard to revert the damage from nutrient burn but I think it’s part of the learning curve of growing cannabis and I still have a lot to learn but these happy accidents will help for sure. I hope to avoid these problems in future by going full organic without bottle nuts. I’m going to flush them next waters, and see if they recover somehow. Here are the damaged girls

4 Likes

Now I’ll need your help to see if it’s already time to chop that damaged plant, I would like to still save a lil bit from her. I took some more trichome shots and I would appreciate any opinions to see if it’s worth it to chop her or if it’s too early and I just give up on her.

Some trichomes seem to be amber, some cloudy but I can be completely wrong. Any expert eye to help me on this? :smiley:

4 Likes

From the overall look of the plant I’d think you could still give them time ,still seeing white pistills looks as if the plant could fill out more also if ya feel like there’s areas on the plant that could be chopped by all means try chopping a branch . But given a bit more time it will continue to fill out and put on more weight as far as trichs I’m not seeing much amber yet as far as preference that’s all up to the individual some like it in the 15-25% range .

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll hold a bit more, but I dont know if she will make it. She seems really sick. I’m looking for a more uplifting effect because the street weed here is a lot more to the couchlock side and I would like to try something different. Thanks for your answer.

4 Likes

Mostly cloudy trichs with a bit of amber, you could harvest that now if you wanted. It will get a bit more potent and heavy if you leave it a while more though.

Maybe flush the hell out of it with some straight water then chop it when its dry again.

3 Likes

I only use ferts at planting in the bottom of the hole then like 4 weeks later I’ll top dress or use a tea. Less is more when your beginning. I’ve done the same things like 20 times :joy: at least you’ll have some buds. I still say cut it and wait a few rains them plant photos in the hole. It’ll still have those nutrients but they’ll have had some time to break down. But it’s up to you man. Best of luck either way :v:

2 Likes

A small update in the new spot for the photoperiods, we carried a bunch of bags to there, climbing a mountain, doing some kms on feet under 35 degrees celsius, kinda exhaustive, but we already have there 150L of organic compost, 45L worm castings (this is heavy as fuck, I think it is compressed or really dense), 25kg of aged sheep manure and 100L of vermiculite. Still have to bring the 150L of biobizz allmix for the peat moss, atleast the temps are dropping to 28 degrees soon and the peat is light. Here’s the spot at around 7pm.

I had bought 6 seeds from seedsman as I already said but only 1 managed to germinate. I don’t know what happened to others, but I talked with seedsman they sent me 6 more seeds, 3 peyotte gorilla fem and 3 alaskan purple fem. Here’s the survivor, she was praying probably due to the heat.

Now about the actual spot, I watered without any nutes the last 2 times, and now I’m going to harvest my first plant this week. I don’t have any more trichomes shots but I’ll take some on monday when I go there. About other plant, the big bush, idk what’s happening to her, I have some photos of her leaves to see if you identify what’s going on, the guys on the shop said it could be a fungi or overnuts, and it’s similar to what happened to the dying one. Some pics for you to see what’s going on.

This is the one I was refering to as big bush, eventhough she isn’t really big comparing to your plants, she’s comparing to our other plants.

New bug in the garden, I think it’s a grasshopper but harmless or atleast he isn’t doing any damage right now.

Now for last, the one we’re going to cut soon, in a few days I’ll add some trichomes shots.

Thanks for all the help given when trying to identify the problems here in the garden. I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

Damn man looks like you needed a mule train to get all that stuff up there! Ya EWC are pretty dense stuff I have a hard time moving my 20-25 pots when it comes harvest time!

3 Likes

My shoulders still hurt after carrying heavy bags on my back but that’s a sacrifice that needs to be made for the safety. If it’s hard for us to get there, it will also be hard for other people. My blumats acessories and tubes will arrive next week along with seedsman seeds and probably @paintedfire420 guavo hashplant X C99, doc holidays X C99 and @Sebring Maui Sunshine, I’m not sure how much time it takes to arrive, but painted fire said it’s usually around 2 weeks for european countries, and he already sent them 11 days ago. Soon, we’ll have the plants growing there. I also forgot to show the trunk of one of my plants in the previous post, it isn’t the wider in the garden but it’s like the 2nd or 3rd.

6 Likes

That looks pretty impressive for trunk size! Your plants and grow skill will continue to get better as time goes on looking forward to harvest time!

3 Likes

Mine arrived today I’m UK so yours probably aren’t far off and nice job you’re doing dude that plant you’re harvesting looks about ready and can’t tell how tall it is but looks to be of good size so I hope you do well on those others you’ve got goin :100:

4 Likes

I love your dedication! And I hope your upcoming harvest will help with the back pain you will get from the preparation of the new grow. :smiley:

The new place looks and sounds amazing. I wish that was an option here. Too many people everywhere.

Regarding your current grow, maybe the roots just outgrew the soil you added and have a hard time dealing with the regular soil of the area?

4 Likes

Maybe that’s the problem. I used 150L of canna professional for the 8 mounts. It gives 18,75L for each hole but I didn’t measure it. Maybe some holes have less of the good stuff and others have more and the nativa soil here is very clayish so it may have some draining problems there, and then a lot of water and nutrients get stuck. Anyway, when I cut this first plant I’ll check if that’s the case. Good point. Appreciate the kind words.

4 Likes

1st harvest done. Here’s the little sick girl before being cut.

She has been flushed for the last week, idk what happened to her, she just stunted and stopped growing. My mate pulled out the roots before I realized it and I couldnt get a pic with the smaller and thinner roots but I got the big main one covered.

I’m sure she hit the bottom of the clayish native soil. Maybe the problem was there? Idk.
I put her inside a cardbox in order to reduce the light, and it’s sitting in an abandoned warehouse, it’s cooler there and only a few light gets in. I can’t dry it in my house atm, but I will be moving soon and the next drying session will be in a much better environment for sure.

Any tips about drying will be appreciated. I know I should have a fan blowing some air and be in complete darkness but I’m not able to do that atm.
Now about the rest of the garden. The smaller one has been cut but there are still many more, all bigger than that one.
I returned to the feed, but at really low doses for now. Gonna increase it next water, then I’ll be doing something like water-feed-water-feed. Here are the girls, some healthier than others.

Here the phone camera decided to focus everything but the plant.

This one is getting thicker buds, probably the most advanced after the one that was chopped.

Now the auto-topped one

These two looking good too, they are similar, probably same strain.

For last, it’s the recently sick girl, luckily she still has a lot of leaves but if this continues, she won’t survive much longer and will end up like the 1st one, because the problems and the leaf sickness paterns are really similar. Just check out old pics of the chop one, and you’ll verify it by yourself.

Now a little update on the photoperiods, the cotydelons of the little survivor are yellowing.

Idk why, maybe the heat wave we’ve been through? She’s outside, she gets wind and I put her on top of a book to reach more sunlight. She’s growing pretty well other than that. Let’s see…

3 Likes

It has always be my dream to check out an abandoned place for some cool photographs and find a lot of weed :laughing: Seriously, aren’t you afraid somebody is going to find it? I’d be paranoid.

3 Likes

I’m more afraid of someone finding my spot than the weed in the warehouse. It’s also only a temporary situation, I would like to find a better place to put it, or see if any friends have a spare room to share but I know that can be difficult. Especially because of the smell. A low odor strain would be extremely helpful in this case but it’s already too late.

2 Likes

For drying try to keep them under 70f … Idk celsius lol. And as long as the yellowing is starting at the bottom and not the top your fine. Just pluck the yellow off. The cotyledons will shrivel up and fall off. They are only there to give nutrients to the baby plant.

2 Likes

Everything looking amazing in the garden. The one drying isn’t ready yet, my mate checked her today, the stem was still bending, not cracking. I’m afraid of mold because we had some raining, but it was very mild and only for some hours and now the weather is back on track. 22ºC maximum, 14ºC minimum with around 50% humidity. Good conditions for drying, no? Here are some pics of her.

Probably a few more days and she’s ready.
Now about the garden itself, where her sisters which are much more interesting because they are much bigger, and beautiful except the one I already talked about the other day, that’s showing some problems similar to the one that’s already drying.
I’ll start with the “worst” girl on the garden, who got stressed from the transplant (lesson learned, don’t transplant an auto especially if you never transplanted anything). I’m not sure because I wasn’t in the garden and I can’t really tell by the pic quality but I think she has already started flowering but she’s still VERY small.

Let’s see if she still stretches a little.
This is the northern light auto, the only one that we are sure of the strain. She is something like 2 weeks younger than her sisters.

Now the tallest one, we call it the auto-topped.
<

This one was once eaten by bugs but just look at her.

The sick one. Once the big bush :cry: .

This one is similar to the bug eaten one, she also got attacked by bugs.

This is the most advanced in the garden. Probably going to be chopped in the next 1/2 weeks. She has the fattest buds around here.

And here is the little seedling chilling on my desk, she’s going to the new spot in the mountain’s forest soon.

Hope you liked the girls, not the biggest or the most beautiful ones but they are certainly special for me for being my first ones. I think they went well for 1st try. From now on, objective is to keep improving. Overgrow the world, right? :joy:

6 Likes