2 tents - 2 lights - 2 plants

I’ve been here a few days. The vibes here and the old stomping ground are worlds apart. What a community.

As for the blackjack. There are cuts available but space not so much. I’ve got a 10x8 shed that’s gotta stay predominantly as a shed. Jelly sent me 100 bucks yesterday to buy a tent and get me back up the legend he is. 6 bodhi clusterfunk f2s all germed in under 24hours. They’re my project for the time being.

I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress bro. How’s the black jack for height btw?

Cola

3 Likes

putting the tape over things didn’t hurt anything that’s for sure & totally eliminated any threat of light not sure if you’ve used a heater with a fan but a word of caution is not to let the airflow from the heater blow directly on the plant it will wilt it sounds like you’ve been running the heater already my grows would of died this winter without the little heaters which in my opinion was a low tech solution to a major issue , maybe not the perfect solution but one I’m happy with

2 Likes

Never hurts to be cautious. Just try not to get hung up on trivial bits of info like that and listen to your plants instead. They will tell you more than any forum ever can. And you’ll know when something is troubling them.

Disclaimer. This isn’t factual just a personal opinion. Other people may disagree.

Cola

5 Likes

very true I’ve learned to do my best & kinda learn as I go & to hopefully keep improving

2 Likes

i had a bigger heater switchable from 1500w or 750w and had it outside the tent heating the whole 10x6 room the 4x4 tent is in … this will save some electricity and should run less often if its only having to heat the tent

2 Likes

I’ve made some catastrophic errors but definitely learnt from them. Like don’t do a major defol 6 weeks in bloom. It’s just stunts your shit lol.

Other dodgy thoughts that I carried out. Like adding amino acids and hydrolysed whey protein 2 to 4 weeks after flip. Worked out so well. They’re guaranteed to be used every run. (Let’s you run a higher ppm feed with no ill effects like nute burn or lockout)

Trial and error all the way. Every room. Plant. Grower is different.

Cola

4 Likes

I put a sealed oil heater outside my tent right next to the intake and it is doing OK. And no fear of fire.

5 Likes

that was my idea as well to only control the environment I’m using

2 Likes

every grower has their own style of doing things

I’m getting 65.f-70.f days & frost on the roof at night that melts off by 10 am. so the little heaters are earning their keep in both tents I turn them on at lights out , set temp & timer to go off when the lights turn back on that way they’re only running during the hours when it’s coldest

10 Likes

you can’t tell by the pics but she is gaining weight & putting on a little frost as well

12 Likes

I’ve got all of my pepper & tomatoes sprouted I doubt if I buy plants from stores any more I have , burpee sandwich slicer hybrids , Oregon spring , Rutgers & delicious as well as some climbers for tomatoes & large Thai & Caribbean red peppers

6 Likes

tomorrow I give her water then Monday I’ll feed again next grow I think I’m gonna try royal gold basement mix & a 4 gal smart pot

4 Likes

the nutrient schedule is so simple 1 gal. tap water , 7m/l calmag , 7 m/l floranova bloom & 1 gr. greenleaf bud explosion

1 Like

and this is the result

14 Likes

she is going through about a gallon a day , I don’t think I’m gonna quit using this nutrient combination as the result it’s giving kinda speaks for itself I am gonna make a couple of changes for the next round mainly increase smart pot size to 4 gallons from 3 & increase my veg time

11 Likes

this strain has it all , gonna be around for awhile

16 Likes

Lookin great @horribleherk56.
Was curious, when you scrog net gets that full, do you just water via the drip pan? Share your secrets lol.

1 Like

It’s so simple & I actually took out my reservoir & pump as I only have one plant in each tent the smart pot & runoff pan work really will I just pour the nutes on until I get about an inch of runoff usually overnight she wicks up the runoff , repeat about once a week I hit them with straight water I learned this form ttystikk , when my dwc/waterfarms got root issues & I haven’t looked back

3 Likes

should clarify I pour the nutes on top of the smart pot until I get my runoff about once a week I do the same procedure with water the medium is coco based royal gold tupur (again ttystikk) this is my second round next round I’m gonna gain some height by setting the catch pan on the floor

1 Like