2 tents - 2 lights - 2 plants

BLACKJACK she is waking up & filling the screen soon it’s gonna be time to clone & flip this has been an excellent strain for me

2 Likes

This is working out just fine for you @horribleherk56.

Level and filling in just as planned. I like that.

2 Likes

True dat brotha! !!!

This kind of growth really loves Nitrogen, no?

1 Like

I don’t know about that. I was told it can swing PH but don’t know if that is fact.

1 Like

The algae is feeding off of excess water and N2. This would help push pH higher a little. My concern would also be that it might be robbing nutrients and introducing another vector for plant problems. ??

3 Likes

every grow I’ve done in smart pots has done this as long as the light hits the sides of the pots I’m doing drain to waste so the nutes are only applied once last round was e&f on a brighter note if algae grows so will the plant lol…

3 Likes

the green won’t go all the way gone but as the light gets blocked it stops progressing that’s the downside of smart pots you get a conglomeration of algae , salts & roots on the outside of the pots but it don’t seem to hurt anything

4 Likes

BLACKJACK is gonna take up the slack until I can get the candyland in its groove

3 Likes

this is the most boring time of the grow as I’m just killing time trying to fill the Scrog & this strain don’t seem to have a lot of stretch my I-pad deleted all of my bud shots from my last blackjack grow but these 2 just remienencing until I can get more buds going the candyland slow but sure is progressing

5 Likes

Might I suggest a good read, lol.

4 Likes

yeah I’ve got the 22nd. edition of the sunset western garden book lol…

2 Likes

at a second glance that looks like it has some good stuff in it I’ll see if our library has it

2 Likes

the candyland is giving me enough growth to tuck something under daily

5 Likes

I’m switching blackjack to gh 3-part nutes today to better my nitrogen level as the floranova bloom only seems to be lacking a bit

4 Likes

Both grows are waking up the blackjack is about ready to flip (I’m wanting to flip on the 15 th) candyland is trailing behind just like it should

3 Likes

yes it does hurt, your plants are suffering of overwatering this causes a nitrogen toxicity in the leaves, thats why they are curling down, I use fabrik pots also, and had never had those issues, because I let my plants dry out.

Hope you dont mind my direct way, but I don’t see any advantage in this.

Be well, Brother.

1 Like

Also, Algy does uptake nitrogen, which should be provided to your roots. Some Algae produce even harmful toxins for you and your plant. My tip for you is, let the plants dry out before you water EACH TIME grow this round to an end, and wash the pots with alcohol after this run, dont take H2O2 or chemical cleaners, as these will probably stay in the pot and harm your plants on next round. You will see how much benefits drying out your plants brings as cannabis is not loving too much water at all, will reduce your RH and you need less air rotation which saves electricity. But for now, keep temps and air rotation high, to get you plants dry out and start just water every 3rd time you would water. You will be surprised how little of water this plants actually needs. Good indicator is to see the leaves dropping and beeing limply. The plant also does create more ingriedients, hormones, acids, etc. So don’t fear. Some people treat their plants like babys, making them need nothing, how strong will such plant be? and how resistant? You can see in modern culture, that plants are loosing most substances because they are fed the littlest shit and are inbred till they lost all good stuff…

Wow this turned into a journey…

3 Likes

this is coco no water

What do you mean by that? you water your plants with coco instead of water? I didn’t even knew this is possible.

1 Like