2020 Siberia outdoor (54 lat.)

That’s an awesome place to grow. I like your cloning method. Do you leave a little liquid in bottom of black cup or how often do you have to water the clones in that mix.

For not being your native language you type and or speak it very well. Looking forward to the rest of your outdoor grow. Stay safe!

That pic in your avatar had me double take who that guy was for a second.lol

5 Likes

Interesting thread this is …watch it I must …best of luck

3 Likes

@MidwestMover
Thanx! Nope, not at all. I have only drilled holes at the bottom of the cup, from where all of my water pouring out. I just keep substrate wet, checking it once in a few days. All of water that flows out in the green bowl just evaporate away in the air. I have pretty good ventilation in my box tho.

I have cut out big leaves, because someone said me that this just forcing cuttings to pump water in it, wasting all the time for keeping crop alive, not rooting at all. So, I made new ones and cut off some leaves on old ones.

Also, I had like strange issue on my big old leaves, seems like lack of Kalium. Watering it with flowering nutrition some where around 300 ppm solved that. I think thats because of bad soil (i’ve used the soil from my last cycle when was moving my mother plant).

This is my crops now.

Covering it with this plastic cover. Acts like mini green house, cuttings loves high humidity.

15 Likes

Hello everyone. I did one mistake. The seed mix that i watered have sprouted just fine. But, then I moved them into peat pots (i wanted to try out it) filled with soil. I have moved them into pots and placed them in such mini-greenhouse, as i have with my cuttings now. And stupidly covered them with the plastic cover. This dangerously increased humidity for them that turned out into rot all over my crops. When I fixed that, the heat came in, and the water inside the peat pot have started evaporating very quickly. I missed it a little while, cause I was preparing other things, and some of them dryed out.

Hopefully, only nuclear seed mix was affected. Regular strains was placed in plastic cups with soil and survived better. Another good thing is that I’ve watered only half of the seeds in the first time. So I its not that crucial. Have watered new part.

Meanwhile, I have landed my first squad. Although we already have good weather for planting (last freezes just have gone, now its at least +10c at night), because of this rot issue i am little bit late with it. My crops are still pretty young, some even doesnt have their first pair of leafs opened, but I have managed to find out 10 looking good plants to settle.

So, I came down the river, walked a little forward, and found the nice place to grow. Its a little meadow surrounded with the trees with a little animal path in the middle. I chose the place to plant and dug up it with the shovel. Its the first time I’m trying out beds. I have been always planting in plant wells, but decided to try beds this time. It should reduce time and energy on diggin holes, where could just the males grew out. So I decided to make 2 lines of beds with 5 plants in each. The half of crops would be cut out (males), so I hope there would be enough for all of them.

You don’t need to have too much root space for them tho. Even if thats regular photo, roots just wont eat up all the space. We don’t have much sun light here plus early autumn (we are hitting <20c in late september), that results in small root base. I think like 10-15L is enough. May be even too big for small autos.

So, I prepared the soil.

Placed my crops in

Covered them with the plastic cups with the hole in the top. I was scared of freezes, though it wouldnt harm anyway, so put it

Covered it with old gray weed from last year, which should work like protecting soil from losing the water, saving plants from heat, and mulching. And the most important, it hides them really well. Stealth can never be too much.

The overall view. Have you found the crops?

Got an bouqete for my girlfriend. A lot of different and rare flowers out here. Sadly, it got wilted on the second day. Don’t know the name, but it grows all over throught the river and near swamps.

The first step is done. I’m planning to settle the rest till the end of the May. Going to speed up my seedlings somehow.

Feel free to ask anything, i’m willing to answer to all of your questions. Cheers.

16 Likes

I know what you mean, same here :sweat:, thanks for sharing, really interesting info … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Good job on the camouflage! :+1: :star_struck:

May the gods of growing smile on your handiwork and bless you with a bumper crop!
:man_farmer:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Peat tablets, as for my experience, the best way for sprouting seeds. I have been trying out many ways, like cup with soil, peat pots, etc. But, peat tables works the best. The only bad thing that you should check it very often, like 2 times a day, because its loosing water very fast. But re-hydrating them is such a pleasure! Just pour a little water in the cup, and all tablets will absorb all the water.

This is ~30 seedlings ready for planting. I will drop em at this sunday. They will have some more time for getting stronger before moving outdoor.

Feeling like still not enough amount. Divide the amount by 2. And then subtract 30%, you will get approximate number for surviving till harvest. Going to water even more seeds. I goal to have about ~100 seedlings (planting crops).

You might be wondering why so much plants, but actually with our light and climate in Siberia, beside that you could grow really big trees like 3-4m+, all the buds are very small. No doubt, they have plenty and good amount of crystals, but the size of the buds is small, and also is not so thick. But everything worth matter, when you try it out! Its completely different from indoor, dunno why. The smoke and flavor really differs as well as the effect. Nature is doing its job, especially if you treat it well :slight_smile:

15 Likes

There’s something about the sun that makes them so much better than indoors. The forests there look really nice there, lots of space to walk around.

Also you probably think your weather sucks there, but I’m in southern Canada and it’s colder here. It’s below 10 degrees most days still.

Ladies look good, nice clones!

5 Likes

Just was watering my clones and thought that new seedlings that i put blocks a lot of light for the cuttings and they must be showing the sex! Plants shows flowering signs because of that. Does it looks like a girl???

Mother plant #2 turned out to be a male and was pulled off as well as its cuttings. Now I have the last motherplant that i’m pretty sure is girl. Clones from #2 have shown the balls in my box by the way before i pulled 'em out. I don’t see anything like that on any of #1. What do you think? Uhhhh i must be so lucky catching the right phenotype and sex with the last one :smile:

@beacher yeah, true. everything is related. what latitude do you have?

9 Likes

Sure looks like a female to me but I’ve been fooled before haha. I’m around 43 latitude. You’re way up there, do you get ‘white nights’?

2 Likes

what’s the cannabis culture like in Siberia? can you teach me some Russian cannabis phrases and slang? how do they call smoking up or getting stoned? rolling a joint? is a bong just бонг?

4 Likes

Siberian outdoor grow…this is gonna be interesting
:eye: :eye: :eyes:

What temps do you get during june-august @blazefortwunty ?
Have you tried super autos?

Peace

2 Likes

@beacher Not at all actually. Its pretty south for it. In saints-pertersburg it is, you can see it there, but its something around 60 lat. Also, we have polar days / nights in murmansk (one of the most northern cities), but i have seen even grow reports from there :smiley: I was thinking about that but it looks kinda confusing for me because at 43 lat we have very good climate (black sea, for example) with warm temperature almost all the year. You can even easily grow any photo there. 50-60 lat I believe is average in russia (with short-living summers of course). Interesting what causing such difference.

@legalcanada
It way differs from the europe / usa school. For example, almost noone is smoking joints / blunts (we don’t even have proper tobacco leafs for that tho) because its much expensive here if you don’t grow (and you cant tell people about that). That leads to popularity of pipes, bowls, bongs and some hand made devices. Like vodnik, its the plastic pottle with cutted bottom lowered in the filled bucket that then acts like a hydro-bong. You just place the foil with little holes on the bottleneck, and place stuff there. Some saying its the most efficient method, because you don’t lose any smoke and inhale everything straight in the lung with the good acceleration.

Bong is just a бонг, yeah, no translation at all. We have some words (type them in google translate), but also use a lot of foreign words, but expressed with the russian letters. But have our own too. For example хапнуть which means get high, or обкуриться, which means being smoked out. We have some words for some cannabis products or recipes. For example, пенька is hemp or milk-cooked cannabis is called манага. Buds is бошки or шишки. Its actually a lot of words, it all depends on the situation and context.

@ion.iliescu
At now, we have around 20-25 degrees at day (was heat up to 30), and 15 degrees at night. Sorry didnt mention before. In june you are getting stable warm temperature for vegetation of all plants, its something about 20-30 at the day and around 20-25 at night. It raises to its maximum in the july, and slowly drops in august, september and so on. You can catch +5+10 at night in the august, although you had like +30 at the day, but mainly its core closer to the end of august. Also a lot rains, early frozens in september. First snow appears in october and standing still in november. We are all hopin for the warm autumn. Previous year was a bad year tho. We had a lot of forest fires which lead to the smokes which blocked a lot of light from the sun. It was flooding in the middle of the june, when all of the plants just have began flowering and a lot of buds grew like a lot of “airy”. I expect this year would be a real hot. Hope so.

I start harvesting in late august. In late august, first plants (usually autos) are ready for harvest and other would be finishing till the october, may be even middle of october if its warm.

I havent tried super autos yet. Had no time yet, but i’ve heard a lot about it. I think i’ll try sometime. Especially if its cheap :smiley:

I was checking my plant few days ago, removed the plastic cups and watered them. Grass and other weeds are growing fast. Gotta be in time to finish planting until it becomes really tall. Its touching the knee now. Its really hard to creep through thick, tall grass. Also, as taller grass, the more your paths is visible. So you should to choose different routes to your plants and visit them as less as possible.

12 Likes

Your place is very cool

4-5 years ago we had good weather from april till sept (some autumn rains but that was normal)
Now if I guerilla plant in early may most of the girls die…but we have somewhat of an extended summer until september

You said autos are bad, why don`t you plant more of them guerilla style ?

LE: I know the pain of growing around other plants… I have an allergy to them(weeds,grass), maybe because of the asthma I had as a kid(?)
Growing in siberia must be a pain.
Kudos to you man, keep it sharp

2 Likes

большое спасибо за ответ. I look forward to following along. I think my local climate is very similar to Siberia. I’m only 50*N latitude but -40C is common in winter and overnight frost starts around early-mid September

I imagine Russia’s cannabis laws are super strict. I don’t even think they allow medicinal cannabis eh?

3 Likes

What temps do you get during “summer”? @legalcanada

also, how much light hours do you get in your region?

We have like ~15 hh now

Srry, too much edits

1 Like

average daytime high in July is 80F or 26.7C - our winters are generally cold and dry and summer is hot and humid. we still get 15 hours of daylight going into August.

it looks like Novosibirsk in Siberia has similar average monthly temps but gets an hour more of daylight, 16 hours still in August. @blazefortwunty when do your photos begin to flower outdoors?

3 Likes

Ya it’s weird my latitude is actually close to the same as northern California, but the weather is drastically different. I think it’s something to due with the wind patterns over the oceans. One brings warm air and one brings cold.

It sounds like our climate is pretty similar to yours. Plants look nice and happy, that’s a good spot.

4 Likes

Vsem privet! Thanks everyone for having an interest, appreciate that! :slight_smile: :four_leaf_clover:

@ion.iliescu
I think I just tried wrong strains. I tried few of the autos from nucleons. They grew very small producing very small buds (tho THC % was really high, straight sugar), looking more like a bellflower :D.

Goddam, imma feel you. I have a lot of allergies too, even on the cannabis :smiley: . I believe its on the keef or trichomes. I start inching and sneezing when i’m work with it a lot. I even use a mask (ffp-1) when trimming, helps a lot. Its most annoying in a morning when you are almost naked and tryin’ to wake n bake and some of buds falling off on your legs and hands. Though smoking or eating edibles is all good. I don’t know whether its normal or not, but 've heard the same from several people. Maybe its not allergy at all.

@legalcanada
Its hard to say, because i’ve been planting mix last year. And of my this spring’s experience, there are a lot of autos genetics in nucleon mix (from 17 seedlings i got only 1 true photo). And another thing that i had late drop-off last season. Because of some circumstances, I was planting in first days of June with 3-4 week seedlings. When I was landing my squads, some of them have been already showing some sex signs. I had some autos, they grew about a knee tall.

I believe most of them started flowering in late June-Jule. There was some strains that couldnt just starting flowering and got it begin only in late August. I got em ready only in the middle of october. Two days later first snow appeared. There are a lot of strain disperse in this mix.

Yeah, true. There is a ban for all isomers of thc, which cbd is. We don’t even have any cbd / canna medicines in our pharmacies / drugstores.

By the way, you got me bro i’m somewhere there.

Back to the topic:

Planted another wave today. 31 if i’m counted right.

Its almost the same place, just on the other side of the river. Made 2 beds one is smaller than the other, but have bigger density. Started raining had to hurry up. Will see which denisty works the best.

Overall view

First one (forgot to take pic after i planted them)

Second one. There are colored marks to separate strain one from another. I took a pic what strain every mark represent.

I’m tired AF. Those places are on the downhill, and returning back to road every time is much a pain. Hill have very high slope and you have to stop like 3-4 times before you eventually get on the top. Plus we already got insects up here which was annoying me very much. Glad I bought insect screen hat, saved me some nerves. There were flies with mosquitoes 50/50. Went back very dirty but satisfied. All socks are even brown from the mud that was fallin in my rubber boots. Also glad because now i have more space for mo’ seedlings :man_farmer:

The smaller one from the perspective

BTW, found these footprints. Deers?

Also, there are a lot of animal holes like i was posting earlier. I wonder who is living there, I have counted more than 10-20 holes. Some of them really fresh, but cant read the foorprints around them.

10 Likes

That’s deer. That open meadow is perfect for them
It is the start of black fly season here (mouche noire in Quebec).
Little biting black flies, I swear about 100 per cubic meter of air, like flying piranha & they are always hungry, then mosquito season starts…

You got them in and that’s a big job done. I’m hoping it works out for you!

Cheers
G

7 Likes