2023 Reeferman/Scott Family Farm, Bloom, JOTI

I’ll post my 2022 grow in another thread which was all Scott Family Farms:…King BX3, Pink Kush, Cherry KushS1, Skunk From Scratch, Blueberry F9, BBxSkunk From Scratch, Wakeford, Northern Pineapple, Pineapple Kush, and a Hoa Bac x FireOG…

2023 NOW on Aug 1st SPROUTING:

SCOTT FAMILY FARMS:
Grapefruit
Sour D S1
Acapulco Gold
Green Crack x Original God Bud
Green Crack x Golden Temple Kush

BLOOM SEED CO: StrawGuava S1

Jordan of the Islands: Gods Green Crack “EE”

***I will post more as the plants finish sprouting and grow. I will also post my methods. I’m new to OverGrow.

Everyone is always welcome to share their opinions with me.
**LEGAL State. **LEGALLY licensed plants.
Cheers everyone!!:green_heart:

image|375x500

21 Likes

Couple of our 2022 flowers I’ll go more in-depth on another thread.

15 Likes

Welcome aboard
Very nice line up

Wakeford wow

I’ll hang for a bit

Paps

3 Likes

BACK TO 2023

We soak our seeds in 1part 3% peroxide 4 parts water for 4-6 hours.

Then soak seeds further in room temp spring water previously boiled, adding SuperThrive, 1tsp/gallon water of Apple Cider Vinegar, and humic/fulvic acids.

Seeds soak in this mix another 6 hours…or so. Usually see seeds begin opening at 12-14 hours soaked. Once they start opening I drain and plant every seed in any type of starter cube or soil.

Whatever substrate we sprout in is baked in an outdoor oven @200 for 30 minutes and cooled, or solar heated if I have time. We water in Azos/Mycos, or Rootwise Complete Microbes, or MycoJordan along with HydroBio until sprouted.

This is only until emergence, and immediately go into 4” Rootmaker cubes, then 5-30 Gallons of living soil.

5 Likes

We grew Wakeford last season. The dried flower photo was my very favorite out of 18 plants.
The Veg photo is the same…my favorite one.
Single bud photo was fav again. And the whole group photo shows how similar they are in type

Double bud photo was my #2 lady.

16 Likes

Welcome to OG @GreenTwister.

4 Likes

Thank you @Tejas Glad to get over here finally. I’ve been telling other growers I’d get an account for a while now

3 Likes

Super nice you are sharing your experiences!
Not easy to find finished grow logs of Scott’s gear

What was the favorite smoke of 2022?

3 Likes

@Arnold my very favorite was King. It had such a unique earthy fuel different from chems and OG. Some were very strong in scent and effects. Not overly narcotic but an amazing effect. Very strong, fairly uniform through the population. Large buds! Some really cool plants in those. I can’t wait to see what everyone finds in their King packs.

Then there’s Cherry Kush. Strong high but it has a motivating and happy feel. Strong social weed. Cool unique flavors and combos of flavors depending on which plant…fuel with citrus, cherry, and some had a light pine. Two pheno: 1 short tight internodes has most uplifting effect and more fuel/citrus. 2. Longer internodes much taller and more hybrid leaves bracts swell more in the flowers. This pheno is much easier to clone off of mother plants. I had one plant that was muted in terps with average high in the taller stretchy phenotype. BUT my most amazing tasting cherry girl was the taller variant. So flower them out before taking tons and tons of cuts.
Pictured 2 phenos of Cherry Dried
I picture of my favorite Cherry Kush day before harvest

9 Likes

Welcome to OG! I’ll be following along. I’ve got some of those God’s Green Crack (Extractor Edition) seeds from JOTI and am curious to see how they grow for you.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG, you’ll like the happy and chill oldschool (like Reeferman) vibe here!

“Cherry Kush. … has a motivating and happy feel. Strong social weed.“
This sounds perfect. Exactly my type of daytime medication.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t happen to have beans of this Cherry Kush?? :joy:
@BudWhisperer

1 Like

I’m afraid not.
But you should make a post in the Seed Trading thread. Someone else here probably does.

2 Likes

Oh man the Cherry Kush as you said is strong social weed. Really it’s one of my favorites I’ve tried. One pheno we had was so happy and uplifting it’s almost aphrodisiac like in effect. Got some CherryK x BB IBL seeds I made and hoping the BB doesn’t weight down the effects too much. I’m back and sorry for not finishing my grow log!!! I’ll say it again in another comment but those older seeds Charles sent me didn’t pop in the grow log I started last year. I ended up growing out the StrawGuavas which were FIRE!! A couple had really strong effects!! And I grew some King BX3 x BB IBL seeds, and a few King x Northern Pineapples. I’ll respond to everyone here and make a new thread for those “BB Kings”. CHEERS Bud Whisperer

2 Likes

SOOO…I only got 1 Acapulco Gold to sprout and grow, and the StrawGuavas grew exceptionally well… I’ll share photos of them all.

At first I took it really hard all the older Reef seeds didn’t germ well, it really frustrated me. I WILL get some test tubes and agar, I’ll soak and separate the seed hull and membrane around the seed hearts, and I will grow the rest of Charles’ seeds. I can do this!!!
Hey I also have a grip of old Mexican Brick beans to practice embryo rescue on. Hoping those will sprout too as they were black leaves, gold trichs, with orange hairs not sure source exactly but we used to not care of source info….just don’t ask was the rule🤣.
I’ll post some Acapulco pics and some StrawGuava pics and give some details to complete this thread.
Then I’ll open a King BX3 x Blueberry IBL thread, were some diamonds in that group for sure.
Cheers everyone, I’m sorry for my delay!!

2 Likes

Here is the ACAPULCO GOLD from Reef. She did finish strong and had a very bright fruitiness, and a mild but happy high. Not intense but enjoyable effects.
Height and stature was fairly compact but I didn’t feed Nitrogen very heavy, nor do I feed potassium heavy in veg so less stretch is expected.
This one plant got aphids in the end of cycle which is frustrating cause they stick in the buds after dried. This plant did keep tossing small nanners for the last 4-6 weeks I was picking 10-15 every other day off the plant. I’m told this is normal for a landrace grown indoors. A few of the StrawGuavas got premie seeds cause of her but you know… they smoke well, ha ha.

6 Likes

FYI the 2 pictures above of the entire canopy are the StrawGuavas. All the other pics above are the Acapulcos.

1 Like

Good Morning @GreenTwister I’m
Liking your Post and I’ve a couple strain questions if you don’t mind, about some Reeferman strains…

I also like it that you have an Acapulco Gold plant in Motion !!! I’ve Got a couple growing too

Several years ago now, a grower-buddy from British Columbia traded with me, and there were some seeds with claims, in what he sent me…

A couple of my new strains were touted as being from the Man himself, reeferman.

The strains involved; has anybody every heard of a PurpsBerry, or a DieselBerry from Mr. Scott’s operations?

The PurpsBerry we grew in 2021, it got hit with some BudRot and we took her down really early; but it was a FuNkY Prehistoric-looking Plant, and I want to give her another shot in 2025.

Just looking for some Ammo to move them Up in the line…

Thanks to Anybody that contributes, I believe those were the two with his Name on them!
PurpsBerry / DieselBerry

Mooooorning

PurpsBerry 2021 (2 Reg seeds left, fingers-crossed)

STRAWGUAVA S1’s were slow in veg but BEASTLY!! Large strong branching plants! These were grown in a supersoil type mix of dry organic amendments. They were vegged a long time and laid over to then flip cycle to 10/14 and those branches curled and reached upright and held until the end. A few needing tied up. If I gave a ratio I’d say every 1/3 were exceptional plants you’d be willing to pull out and brag on the dried flowers. Tight, huge heavy flowers, and not really a sedating effect. One pheno was sedating a little bit. Fruity on most, some gas, one was sweet candy lemon instead of fruity and it was wonderful.

I kept a clone of an outlier in the group…one that was skunky, burnt rubber, and strawberries and is really enjoyable!! I’ll share a dried photo of her flowers after this comment. She had lots of foxtails but that doesn’t bother me. I hope to keep her around and do some breeding with it. She’s getting dusted with Vietnamese Hoa Bac pollen this fall. This years focus is on Hoa Bac. Had to get some Super Sativas back in my life.

3 Likes

Nice bunch of pictures @GreenTwister
3rd from the bottom “sat me up Straight”

Yowza, let me get the grinder !

1 Like